final boss nerf?

Giorgino87

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/16/2020 at 2:01 AM, Pellao said:

It's clear that you took in 3 rexes, expecting those 3 rexes to be enough to clear a boss fight, it'll be like taking in 3 rexes into the tek cave and expecting to clear it.

The alpha tek cave can be cleared by a single rex if you know what you are doing. Here's proof it can be done :

5 hours ago, Giorgino87 said:

it's not over exagerating. First, We did the tek cave with 3 rexes and some therezino in passive behind just for boss fight. They were better rexes, but they were just 3. So, yes it's possible :)

Second, no you cannot tank quite a lot, my rex died in 10 seconds. So, you are not specifying something here. You mean a pack of rexes? How many? a single rex will die in few seconds. Please share a video if you want to show how it works.

Third, you are again not getting what I wrote. I wrote that difficulty scaling is stupid. We did gamma moeder with 2 mosa. 2 stupid tames mosa. I did not expect to win the fight with 3 rexes, but not even to get them annihilated in 10 seconds and unable to pass the first round.

BTW, we had tek saddles, tek rifle, shotgun. Seems all useless. If you are on foot you don't deal enough damage (only with cluster grenades we were bale to do them significant damage on foot, but those destroy your armor as well) and you're dead as soon as they ctach you

You are wrong, we did it with rexes on 20k hp with 25-36 armour saddles on official.

i even tested how long one of the trash wild tamed tanks would last, and barely got to phase 3, where it died because it was by itself.

just yesterday we decided to go waste resources, by going in 3 man with no creatures, we got to phase 4 before we were overwhelmed by the reapers and the 5 Gigas that spawned at the start. You need soups and all we did was, the one with aggro would run around, while we shoot behind the trikes with shotguns and tek rifles.

They do not need too much hits as the creatures have 1.5k hp and the avatars have 2.5k.

And for Tek Cave, the first part can be solo’d easily. On official, we can currently clear as solo human only with the gear we have from extinction. When people mention tek cave, the overseer is included as well.

On 3/17/2020 at 6:29 PM, Pellao said:

You are wrong, we did it with rexes on 20k hp with 25-36 armour saddles on official.

i even tested how long one of the trash wild tamed tanks would last, and barely got to phase 3, where it died because it was by itself.

just yesterday we decided to go waste resources, by going in 3 man with no creatures, we got to phase 4 before we were overwhelmed by the reapers and the 5 Gigas that spawned at the start. You need soups and all we did was, the one with aggro would run around, while we shoot behind the trikes with shotguns and tek rifles.

They do not need too much hits as the creatures have 1.5k hp and the avatars have 2.5k.

And for Tek Cave, the first part can be solo’d easily. On official, we can currently clear as solo human only with the gear we have from extinction. When people mention tek cave, the overseer is included as well.

video proof or shut up. It's a big bullpoop. 

• 4 weeks later...

OK, using out rexes from ragnarock, and ascendant saddles with 100+ armor (rexes have 58 points in health and 70 in damage, leveled to 40k hp and 1100% damage), we were able to make the gamam boss but lost 2 rexes. When we tried the beta, we lost at the last round. We don't really understand why rexes die, because they were full health when they entered last round, and we didn't see any big number/damage. Also, the yuty started losing food since the beginning, very very quickly, and was empty by the end of the first round, this is also quite strange.

@Giorgino87 The gigas are the sole reason why the rexes dont last. We can go into the 4th wave with next to no health lost on ridden rexes extremely easily. But as soon as the gigas spawn, its solely a race against the clock because of their gnash. Its like fighting any level dragon boss. I'm sure as you know that the gnash effect does a % damage according to dino health over the course of debuff. Even if the giga gets 1 bite off before it dies, youre guaranteed to lose an exact amount of health.

The only way we managed to combat this was through lesser antidotes. I don't know if its on all maps or just genesis, but they stop the gnash debuff. We were using the strategy of collecting enough keys for waves 4-7 and bursting all at once, so technically our rexes died on wave 4, but when looking at progress it was more like mid 6, early 7.

For reference, our rexes were non mutated tek rexes. 13200H 495-515ish melee (we were mid stat compounding so some had 414 others had 431) after imprints. Leveled to 25k health, rest melee ~750

4 hours ago, Bawsach said:

@Giorgino87 The gigas are the sole reason why the rexes dont last. We can go into the 4th wave with next to no health lost on ridden rexes extremely easily. But as soon as the gigas spawn, its solely a race against the clock because of their gnash. Its like fighting any level dragon boss. I'm sure as you know that the gnash effect does a % damage according to dino health over the course of debuff. Even if the giga gets 1 bite off before it dies, youre guaranteed to lose an exact amount of health.

The only way we managed to combat this was through lesser antidotes. I don't know if its on all maps or just genesis, but they stop the gnash debuff. We were using the strategy of collecting enough keys for waves 4-7 and bursting all at once, so technically our rexes died on wave 4, but when looking at progress it was more like mid 6, early 7.

For reference, our rexes were non mutated tek rexes. 13200H 495-515ish melee (we were mid stat compounding so some had 414 others had 431) after imprints. Leveled to 25k health, rest melee ~750

We've done three attempts now with just random Tek Rexes : 30k Health, everything else in melee. Saddles ranging from Mastercraft to Ascendant with around 150 armor.
They die. They simply die in the final phase of the boss  fight.

The furthest we have gotten so far is with Therizino's and then we ran out of time.
Riot gear with around 750 armor per piece and decent durability also lasts that long, and that's the core problem in this fight.
It's not so much the dinosaurs going down, as they last way longer than we do, it's us not being able to dismount at some point because we just get one-shotted by whatever is running around. Either the Giga or the Reaper will just kill you instantly, and that's with having over 600 HP on my user.

The giga's can be dealth with if your prioritise them. As long as you take them out instantly, the damage you'll be getting from their bleed is doable.

This fight needs to be adjusted with all the recent restrictions.
It would help tremendously if the amount/type of enemies spawned depends on the amount of people entering the fight.
Cause so far this fight is utterly hopeless for a 3-man tribe.

@Olivar I wasn't trying to defend the boss or act like a "get gid nub" kind of guy. Just stating our approach. Some were able to complete on gamma. In total we took 10 people with 17 rexes, a yuty, a basilisk (more of a hinderance because the bury option only worked once) and a pig. 2 people DCed early, 1 died like wave 3 or 4 to unknown reasons (lol) and we were left with 7 of us at the start of wave 4. After the first 40 key deposit, we had abandoned the rexes and ran around because of the approach to farm keys on the ground early, and then burst at once. I believe that 5 survived. Two of us died as last keys were being deposited.

While it is extremely tough, it is doable in its current state. We did it with average gear minus the flak helmet bp as it is capped at blueprint form, and that is missing a flak chest and boot bp. We are using tek chest pieces from the Little Light of Mine mission in Lunar (very easy, I recommend running it) and flak boots from We Will Rock You that gives 300 boots.

Highest Rex saddle we had was about 88 armor or so. Everything was from Hide and Sink.

Our only saving grace to going into Beta, is that supposedly the adds are the same, the only difference is the amount of health on the master controller.

My suggestion is going to be no more than 25k health rexes and the rest into melee. The goal should be to kill everything (gigas) ASAP to minimize gnash debuff.

Ive seen people mention backfilling empty slots with Kentros with veggies instead of more rexes. I want to try that and may attempt a solo-4 man run.

29 minutes ago, Olivar said:

It would help tremendously if the amount/type of enemies spawned depends on the amount of people entering the fight.

Cause so far this fight is utterly hopeless for a 3-man tribe.

I do agree with this though 100%. For some reason my mind decided to blank on acknowledging this part of your post. All other bosses have been possible solo because they dont have anywhere close the number of adds as this fight does. And the fact that only dinos from the tribe who starts and no allied dinos suggests that players are to join larger/megatribes just to get by, when that should be far from the case.

42 minutes ago, Bawsach said:

@Olivar I wasn't trying to defend the boss or act like a "get gid nub" kind of guy. Just stating our approach. Some were able to complete on gamma. In total we took 10 people with 17 rexes, a yuty, a basilisk (more of a hinderance because the bury option only worked once) and a pig. 2 people DCed early, 1 died like wave 3 or 4 to unknown reasons (lol) and we were left with 7 of us at the start of wave 4. After the first 40 key deposit, we had abandoned the rexes and ran around because of the approach to farm keys on the ground early, and then burst at once. I believe that 5 survived. Two of us died as last keys were being deposited.

While it is extremely tough, it is doable in its current state. We did it with average gear minus the flak helmet bp as it is capped at blueprint form, and that is missing a flak chest and boot bp. We are using tek chest pieces from the Little Light of Mine mission in Lunar (very easy, I recommend running it) and flak boots from We Will Rock You that gives 300 boots.

Highest Rex saddle we had was about 88 armor or so. Everything was from Hide and Sink.

Our only saving grace to going into Beta, is that supposedly the adds are the same, the only difference is the amount of health on the master controller.

My suggestion is going to be no more than 25k health rexes and the rest into melee. The goal should be to kill everything (gigas) ASAP to minimize gnash debuff.

Ive seen people mention backfilling empty slots with Kentros with veggies instead of more rexes. I want to try that and may attempt a solo-4 man run.

That's the thing. You need so many people to be able to get through the phases fast.
From all video's and clears I've seen, 5 people or more makes the fight manageable. because you have more key collectors, thus you can finish the fight faster and take overall less damage. Three man tribe? You're simply screwed for this fight, as you cannot collect the keys fast enough without either loosing the dino's or the gears.

Hence why this fight needs to be tweaked to support people playing in mini tribes.
But like always Wildcard isn't giving a poop. This has been clear since they did Extinction and focused everything on larger tribes.

45 minutes ago, Bawsach said:

Ive seen people mention backfilling empty slots with Kentros with veggies instead of more rexes. I want to try that and may attempt a solo-4 man run

We actually attempted a full Kentro army loaded on veggy cakes, but they didn't prove to be useful at all for us.
Their damage is simply too low to be able to kill anything, and we even lost some before reaching the final fight.
Their pack-bonus is capped at 4 (unofficial server so I can see the numbers), and their damage isn't even enough to take out avaters fast enough.

Yes they take reduced damage from alot of the sources, but the bleeds will still wreck them, and the reflected damage is a joke.

1 hour ago, Olivar said:

We actually attempted a full Kentro army loaded on veggy cakes, but they didn't prove to be useful at all for us.
Their damage is simply too low to be able to kill anything, and we even lost some before reaching the final fight.
Their pack-bonus is capped at 4 (unofficial server so I can see the numbers), and their damage isn't even enough to take out avaters fast enough.

Yes they take reduced damage from alot of the sources, but the bleeds will still wreck them, and the reflected damage is a joke.

Did you try all kentros or just back fill unridden dinos with them? And I believe reflection is capped at 1k. I'm thinking for my tribe something that would work could be ridden rexes, yuty, 1 or 2 pigs, and the rest kentros whistled in the middle of the group. I'm not sure,  its the time for experimenting I suppose.

We havent tried ridden Feroxes yet, even though I think we should. If our Rexes werent extremely solid non mutated, we probably would've tried Feroxes by now considering we have an extremely strong line

at this point, the best is not an army of therezinos with cakes, low health, around 20-22k, full damage, and maybe a yuty?

Or, maybe, rinos? I saw a video of chineese guys making the beta with 4 rinos, 1 spino (that died very early) and 1 ferox.

Anybody knows why youty was losing food so fast? I didn't see any comment on that, might have missed

3 hours ago, Olivar said:

That's the thing. You need so many people to be able to get through the phases fast.
From all video's and clears I've seen, 5 people or more makes the fight manageable. because you have more key collectors, thus you can finish the fight faster and take overall less damage. Three man tribe? You're simply screwed for this fight, as you cannot collect the keys fast enough without either loosing the dino's or the gears.

Hence why this fight needs to be tweaked to support people playing in mini tribes.
But like always Wildcard isn't giving a poop. This has been clear since they did Extinction and focused everything on larger tribes.

we did gamma with 4 man tribe, 18 rexers, 1 yuty 1 daeodon. 2 rexes and 1 daeodon died on the very last seconds of the boss. Gamma does not seem to be a problem. I think in beta there are either more spawns or avatars have mroe hp or dinos make them less damage

There's more weird stuff going on Genesis that I can't explain compared to before. Whether it's just Genesis or changes they made to the game, I can't say.
Our best shot was with Therezino's on veggie cakes. They lasted way longer than our Rexes did and we all died before they did.

The difference between Gamma and Beta is the boss health, nothing else. The summoned avatars are identical between the fights.
However I have noticed inconsistencies between boss-fights on the same difficulties, related to what spawns where and how fast.
It's probably just lousy RNG on our part, but I've had fight where we saw one Giga and almost no Reapers, and fights where we got swarmed by them.

And again, for us the problem is not the dinosaurs, they actually survive way longer than we do.
Our core problem is that we just get one-shotted by the Reapers and Rexes at one point because our gear simply doesn't last long enough.
Full ascendend Riot gear does not last long enough.......
If this happened in the previous expansions, the forums would be in uproar.

Also I'm pretty sure the "Lesser Antidote" is a bug and shouldn't be cleansing the bleed debuff in the first place.

1 minute ago, Olivar said:

There's more weird stuff going on Genesis that I can't explain compared to before. Whether it's just Genesis or changes they made to the game, I can't say.
Our best shot was with Therezino's on veggie cakes. They lasted way longer than our Rexes did and we all died before they did.

The difference between Gamma and Beta is the boss health, nothing else. The summoned avatars are identical between the fights.
However I have noticed inconsistencies between boss-fights on the same difficulties, related to what spawns where and how fast.
It's probably just lousy RNG on our part, but I've had fight where we saw one Giga and almost no Reapers, and fights where we got swarmed by them.

And again, for us the problem is not the dinosaurs, they actually survive way longer than we do.
Our core problem is that we just get one-shotted by the Reapers and Rexes at one point because our gear simply doesn't last long enough.
Full ascendend Riot gear does not last long enough.......
If this happened in the previous expansions, the forums would be in uproar.

Also I'm pretty sure the "Lesser Antidote" is a bug and shouldn't be cleansing the bleed debuff in the first place.

there must be some difference, or they patched something. with the same rexes we cleared out on gamma without issue, and got wrecked on beta

Since you guys still can’t complete it, here is your answer, it doesn’t matter what Dino, use a rex or Ferox, have 6 players, 1 on yuty and 5 on rex/ferox. Clear until last phase. At phase 4 stay underneath the bridges, you’ll need 1 runner to get keys and deposit them. For Giganotosaurus just feed your Dino antidote or wyvern milk and it’ll become immune to bleed. Viola easy as boss fight. We haven’t lost a single Dino from doing all 3 difficulties apart from a lvl 47 featherlight coz someone brought one in and pressed R.

now go clear this boss fight and ruin the selling of boss fights hahaha

52 minutes ago, Pellao said:

Since you guys still can’t complete it, here is your answer, it doesn’t matter what Dino, use a rex or Ferox, have 6 players, 1 on yuty and 5 on rex/ferox. Clear until last phase. At phase 4 stay underneath the bridges, you’ll need 1 runner to get keys and deposit them. For Giganotosaurus just feed your Dino antidote or wyvern milk and it’ll become immune to bleed. Viola easy as boss fight. We haven’t lost a single Dino from doing all 3 difficulties apart from a lvl 47 featherlight coz someone brought one in and pressed R.

now go clear this boss fight and ruin the selling of boss fights hahaha

Let me just install some bot software to get 6 players that know how to do a boss fight....

47 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Let me just install some bot software to get 6 players that know how to do a boss fight....

It’s a pretty brain dead fight honestly, you just have players attacking one direction for most of the fight, and have 1-2 who turn around and do the code-key runs, and you only need 1 Dino per person, and then either have a tank rex on tek saddle or tek rifles on players to shoot boss once it’s no longer invulnerable.

I’ve been super eco by only doing it on 1 set of primitive flak set and using 2 enduro stew.

Archived