final boss nerf?

Giorgino87

final boss nerf?

I just tried with my friend the gamma bosses in genesis. We did the moeder boss very easily, 3 tamed mosasaurus with 3 tek saddles made an easy work of it. We took very little damage.

Then we tried the final boss. We went there with tek rexes with tek rex saddle, that is the best saddle we had found so far. We were oevrwelmed very quickly. Rexes died very early, enought to make the first 60 keys, then we managed to make another 20 keys by hand, but in phase 2 we dies very early, just collected 2 keys. We were using the equipment that was available to us, that is the trash that gamma missions give. We had owever tek rifles, and a mastercraft pump rifle. The big problem is that corrupted avatars and dinos deal very big damage, on top of being quick quick. I can't really think about how difficult must be the alpha one, if gamma was like this.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were just 3, so it had not much sense to bring a yuty, we preferred a third rex. Rexes were just no mutation ones, but not tamed, bred ones. One can bring yuty, daeodon, non mounted rexes. So, I agree, it can be really improved on our side - but not much until transfers are not open.

damage is of the order of 100, but there is a large numebr of them each dealing 100, and if you kill they respawn, so no way to decrease their number. First attempt, they kileld my rex in like 10 seconds. Even if I had my good mutated rexes I have on ragnarock with ascendant saddle, I guess they would not last long. Same for me, If I had my ascendant gear crafted from BP my armor would have lasted longer, so no need for backup one, but if raptor catches you and puts you down, you get swarmed by 50+ enemies, your armor will break instantly even if ascandant I think. They do not have much HP, i could kille them easily, but they keep spawning and dal very large damage. Screen was full of yellow numbers

Well, I would definitely suggest there is some issue in numbers then. And a fight that's more about endurance than damage- so I'd try grabbing as many rexes as you can, or maybe a different dino with high health just for tanking, if everything respawns fast. Maybe some stegos with Veg cakes? 

And leaving the tank dinos unmounted to having someone riding on a Yuty will help the surviveability of the dinos a lot, maybe a Daeodon. You're right that it may indeed be necessary to wait for transfers to get your really good dinos if you want rexes though. Unfortunate, but that would probably increase your chances :) 

I do wonder about the raptor though- They pounce you in the arena, do they? I know brute raptors in missions do, but I thought that the wild pounce was disabled for the most part.

7 minutes ago, TheEclipseee said:

Well, I would definitely suggest there is some issue in numbers then. And a fight that's more about endurance than damage- so I'd try grabbing as many rexes as you can, or maybe a different dino with high health just for tanking, if everything respawns fast. Maybe some stegos with Veg cakes? 

And leaving the tank dinos unmounted to having someone riding on a Yuty will help the surviveability of the dinos a lot, maybe a Daeodon. You're right that it may indeed be necessary to wait for transfers to get your really good dinos if you want rexes though. Unfortunate, but that would probably increase your chances :) 

I do wonder about the raptor though- They pounce you in the arena, do they? I know brute raptors in missions do, but I thought that the wild pounce was disabled for the most part.

we will do another try on a test server, I can post the video afterwards. I don't think dinos like stegos can help. They'd get killed before they can eat the veggie cakes. It's not like dragon fight, where you can take time to heal while he flyes. It's more about speed in collecting the keys so that the enemies despawn. More people can help of course, but thinking in the optics of small tribes, it could be 6 peopel instead of 3. But if already 6 people are required for gamma, with ascendant saddles, armor, mutated rexes , how about alpha? not much room to scale. I wonder if gigas are enabled to join the arena, but still they do not have much endurance. Unmounted dino could help, but just for first round. They get killed very fast and their sue can just be to tank while pople collects keys in first round. But there are like 5 round in this boss, so small thing

Hmmmmm.. For my own clarity's sake, can you collect the keys while mounted? Or do you have to be dismounted? 

Very good point about not being able to take breaks to heal, though if you have someone on a Daeodon you could probably have them running around providing at least some health for the other dinos. And don't herbies automatically eat cakes? 

The way I'm considering this is that you'd have to rely primarily on very tanky dinos to draw the enemies away when you collect the keys, and aim for speed and endurance rather than sheer damage. So pumping health in pretty much everything, and maybe only a couple of rexes just to control the enemies numbers somewhat.

But definitely do let me know how the test goes!

Yoiu can't collect while mounted. And you have to consider that to get the keys you have to kill the avaters first. the first avatars don't drop keys. Do you'll need to kill on average 100 avatars and probably another 100 dinotars, as they spawn together, mixed. So you'll need to deal them some damage, and unless it's ranged damage, you'll take damage as well. Cakes have 30 seconds coldown, and heal 500. You take more than 500/second damage here, if you don't move, or move slowly like a stego. And, all of this is just for first round. remember there are 5.

12 hours ago, Giorgino87 said:

Do you'll need to kill on average 100 avatars and probably another 100 dinotars, as they spawn together, mixed. So you'll need to deal them some damage, and unless it's ranged damage, you'll take damage as well. Cakes have 30 seconds coldown, and heal 500. You take more than 500/second damage here, if you don't move, or move slowly like a stego. And, all of this is just for first round. remember there are 5.

Well, is there any fight you can out-heal? Way I'm seeing it, it's more about bringing in fodder dinos and trying to make them last as long as possible, even if they will eventually die. So perhaps..

Daeodon for heals, Yuty for Courage buff

12 Stegos or similar tank dinos- Health pumped and loaded up on cakes- Just to tank and keep the majority of the Avatars off you

6 Rexes, mainly damage, mostly just to kill the Avatars around you and what you need for the keys.

Balance the ratio of stegs/ rexes as needed, because of course, the individual stats you have bred into each will affect how how many you need of each respectively. 

You don't have to stop fighting to heal. Dinos eat cakes on their own, and someone riding a daeodon heals during fighting. From the sounds of it, it's a fight that you should go into expecting losses anyway, and you just make as many dinos last as long as they can. And the health stat really matters, what health are you talking doesn't last?

18 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

How many rexes did you bring, and what kind of stats did they have?

we were there with 3 tek rex with 39 poitns HP 37 points damage. But as I said stats don't matter much, they got killed in like 10 seconds. you bring 100 points rexes will last 3 times more, 30 seconds. Ascendant saddles, reduce damage by a factor of like 4 comparing to tek, 120 seconds. They won't make it to the second round anyway

24 minutes ago, TheEclipseee said:

You don't have to stop fighting to heal. Dinos eat cakes on their own, and someone riding a daeodon heals during fighting. From the sounds of it, it's a fight that you should go into expecting losses anyway, and you just make as many dinos last as long as they can. And the health stat really matters, what health are you talking doesn't last?

I know these things, but I don't think healing won't suffice. You don't rrealise the ammount of damage those things deal. cakes heal 500 hp/seconds. they deal like 5000 damage per second. yuty can reduce by how much? 40%? it's still 3000 damage epr second. take out 500 of healing it's still 2500 damage per second. 

Mate boost adds 30% resistance. Daeodon healing wasn't factored in there. 29 points- doesn't say a lot. What was the base wild, for instance? 49 wild health + 29 tame is a big difference compared to 20 wild + 29 tame. A solid value with the total health is a much better gauge.

And if there were only 3 rexes with only 29 points, with no healing, and no buff, of course they all died quickly. You're not getting the damage of the avatars split between 20 dinos, with a multitude of resistances and some amount of healing, and 18 sets of teeth dealing damage- in theory, a 6x higher damage output. And that's not even considering the Yuty's +25%. Instead, you're getting the full force of all the Avatars all on only 3 dinos, and only 3 dinos dealing damage, with few points in health and only maybe a mate boost and rider imprint working to counter the Avatar damage.

Perhaps the scaling in difficulty between the quests and the boss is skewed, but I'd honestly be disappointed if the final boss fight could be beaten like that.

2 hours ago, Giorgino87 said:

we were there with 3 tek rex with 29 poitns HP 37 points damage. But as I said stats don't matter much, they got killed in like 10 seconds. you bring 100 points rexes will last 3 times more, 30 seconds. Ascendant saddles, reduce damage by a factor of like 4 comparing to tek, 120 seconds. They won't make it to the second round anyway

Your Rexes sound awful. I soloed the boss with an X-Rex group I threw together after some breeding and saddle crafting.

12 hours ago, TheEclipseee said:

Mate boost adds 30% resistance. Daeodon healing wasn't factored in there. 29 points- doesn't say a lot. What was the base wild, for instance? 49 wild health + 29 tame is a big difference compared to 20 wild + 29 tame. A solid value with the total health is a much better gauge.

And if there were only 3 rexes with only 29 points, with no healing, and no buff, of course they all died quickly. You're not getting the damage of the avatars split between 20 dinos, with a multitude of resistances and some amount of healing, and 18 sets of teeth dealing damage- in theory, a 6x higher damage output. And that's not even considering the Yuty's +25%. Instead, you're getting the full force of all the Avatars all on only 3 dinos, and only 3 dinos dealing damage, with few points in health and only maybe a mate boost and rider imprint working to counter the Avatar damage.

Perhaps the scaling in difficulty between the quests and the boss is skewed, but I'd honestly be disappointed if the final boss fight could be beaten like that.

sorry, 39 points HP, typo. Anyway you don't get my pont, it's probably doable, I'm just saying the difficulty scaling is stupid. Gamma mission can be made with stupid tamed dino with awful stats and primitive saddle in solo. Final Gamma boss requiring ascandant saddles and bred rex with high stats and mutations and large team. Beta missions are much easier

19 hours ago, Giorgino87 said:

Anyway you don't get my pont, it's probably doable, I'm just saying the difficulty scaling is stupid. Gamma mission can be made with stupid tamed dino with awful stats and primitive saddle in solo. Final Gamma boss requiring ascandant saddles and bred rex with high stats and mutations and large team.

Oh, fair enough. Sorry, I thought the point being made was that the boss generally needed a nerf, not that it was about the difference in difficulty:,D

I totally agree though, the scaling between the missions and the boss (from what I've heard) does indeed seem really weird, and having the missions easy as they are probably does set people up to expect an easy fight. I guess there's not really a good middle ground though- The way I see it, the Gamma missions being easy is sort of to give you a chance to explore the mechanics and just get a general idea of what you do for the mission, and they can't really make the final boss super easy either, because it's, well, the final boss.

Can you stop over exaggerating the fight?

It's clear that you took in 3 rexes, expecting those 3 rexes to be enough to clear a boss fight, it'll be like taking in 3 rexes into the tek cave and expecting to clear it.

And to clarify players, gamma master ai, you can tank quite a lot of hits with a primitive saddle and 20k hp on a rex (pretty average for a wild tamed rex to be leveled to for boss fights).

The first 3 phases are pretty easy, you just need dinos to really just be on aggressive and following 1 dino that you're riding or on passive, the hardest is the last wave where multiple giganotos spawn, phase 3 will spawn 1 giganoto on gamma.

Your rexes shouldn't be dying until phase 4 where they're worn out from the orher phases and the giganotos become the killing blow due to gnashing.

For the giganotos that spawn, i'd recommend using tek rifles and shotguns to deal with them ASAP, and to stay under cover (you'll see those overpass stuff).

For the reskinned tek saddled tapajaras, you can use a longneck or a tek rifle (rec) to deal with them.

And if you do not want to lose as much dinos, use therizinos for boss fight.

Just imagine using 3 rexes to fight the broodmother and writing a thread just because you lost..

On 3/16/2020 at 7:01 AM, Pellao said:

Can you stop over exaggerating the fight?

It's clear that you took in 3 rexes, expecting those 3 rexes to be enough to clear a boss fight, it'll be like taking in 3 rexes into the tek cave and expecting to clear it.

And to clarify players, gamma master ai, you can tank quite a lot of hits with a primitive saddle and 20k hp on a rex (pretty average for a wild tamed rex to be leveled to for boss fights).

The first 3 phases are pretty easy, you just need dinos to really just be on aggressive and following 1 dino that you're riding or on passive, the hardest is the last wave where multiple giganotos spawn, phase 3 will spawn 1 giganoto on gamma.

Your rexes shouldn't be dying until phase 4 where they're worn out from the orher phases and the giganotos become the killing blow due to gnashing.

For the giganotos that spawn, i'd recommend using tek rifles and shotguns to deal with them ASAP, and to stay under cover (you'll see those overpass stuff).

For the reskinned tek saddled tapajaras, you can use a longneck or a tek rifle (rec) to deal with them.

And if you do not want to lose as much dinos, use therizinos for boss fight.

Just imagine using 3 rexes to fight the broodmother and writing a thread just because you lost..

it's not over exagerating. First, We did the tek cave with 3 rexes and some therezino in passive behind just for boss fight. They were better rexes, but they were just 3. So, yes it's possible :)

Second, no you cannot tank quite a lot, my rex died in 10 seconds. So, you are not specifying something here. You mean a pack of rexes? How many? a single rex will die in few seconds. Please share a video if you want to show how it works.

Third, you are again not getting what I wrote. I wrote that difficulty scaling is stupid. We did gamma moeder with 2 mosa. 2 stupid tames mosa. I did not expect to win the fight with 3 rexes, but not even to get them annihilated in 10 seconds and unable to pass the first round.

BTW, we had tek saddles, tek rifle, shotgun. Seems all useless. If you are on foot you don't deal enough damage (only with cluster grenades we were bale to do them significant damage on foot, but those destroy your armor as well) and you're dead as soon as they ctach you

Archived