Why are 99% of creatures useless?

Frost027

Are they useless because of what they can't do? Because what they do is too weak? No.

99% of the 100+ creatures in this game are useless because of the mana, the worst thing ever added to this game.

And no, I'm not bob on the beach who got his level 50 pt killed by a mana. I have over 3,000 hours in pvp, and plenty experience in high end, late game pvp. And it's BORING. Why? Because the mana is the ONLY tame you can use realistically in PvP.

One of the primary reasons is breeding, tamed manas are horrible. They have 5-7k hp, and around 200-350 melee, which in my opinion is exactly all they should have and that's it. But no, with breeding manas come out with around 17k hp BASE, and have OVER ONE THOUSAND MELEE. They also get a 124 armor saddle cap.

Now, with things like the giga, it doesn't matter as much, even if they have really good stats, unlike the mana you can't fight everything with them, you're locked to the ground with a slow walking speed.

But because of breeding, why do manas get INSANE tankiness, 20k hp with a 124 armor saddle, AND the most speed and mobility of any creature in the game. Oh! I almost forgot some of the most damage in the game, with an INSANE stun that lasts over ELEVEN seconds at some time.

Why do they literally get it all? Utility, stun, speed, damage, tankiness. It's stupid.

You literally cannot use Griffins anymore in PvP. Why? Well because griffins usually have around 8-10k hp, a mana can deal all that health in damage in about 4 seconds with no saddle. Yay! But the best part?? GRIFFINS GET FROZE FOR ELEVEN SECONDS. In WHAT world is that fair?

Why are Wyverns, which are so much harder to get, and can't be bred, struggle so much against them? You can't use them that often in normal pvp either, since they don't gave saddles, and manas will shred them close to the ground, and some even have less health than manas. All while being slower!!!!!

PvP is SO stale and so boring, all you can use are manas, nothing else works. Can't use Rock Drakes, or their Tek Saddle because they get shredded and can't get away from them.

They have it all, tank, speed, damage. And that STUPID freeze. I want to do SOMETHING other than use a mana. Mana v Mana is so boring and a waste of time. And I can't use basically ANY of the 100+ creatures in the game because of them.

A vast majority of the PvP community agrees. Look at Vindactur, Kishko, popular Ark Youtube pvpers, they all agree, manas make the game stale, and make everything basically useless. People that I've asked about why they play MTS instead of offical, they say "Manas are the main reason"

Wildcard knows this, and they do nothing. I've spent literal thousands of hours pvping people and for the past year, it's been nothing but "Mana Zoom Mana Freeze"

You might as well remove everything except for Gigas and Manas, since that's the only thing you can really use.

And I guarantee you this TLC will be for the carno or Megalodon or something else, that will add nothing to PvP. So the meta can remain to be stupidly stale, boring, uninspired, and driven by incompetence in balancing.

I'm hoping the Wyvern will be apart of the TLC, and it'll get a saddle, so maybe for once I can use something to good or even great effectiveness in PvP using actual skill, instead of the worst thing ever put into a video game.

4 hours ago, Frost027 said:

Are they useless because of what they can't do? Because what they do is too weak? No.

99% of the 100+ creatures in this game are useless because of the mana, the worst thing ever added to this game.

And no, I'm not bob on the beach who got his level 50 pt killed by a mana. I have over 3,000 hours in pvp, and plenty experience in high end, late game pvp. And it's BORING. Why? Because the mana is the ONLY tame you can use realistically in PvP.

One of the primary reasons is breeding, tamed manas are horrible. They have 5-7k hp, and around 200-350 melee, which in my opinion is exactly all they should have and that's it. But no, with breeding manas come out with around 17k hp BASE, and have OVER ONE THOUSAND MELEE. They also get a 124 armor saddle cap.

Now, with things like the giga, it doesn't matter as much, even if they have really good stats, unlike the mana you can't fight everything with them, you're locked to the ground with a slow walking speed.

But because of breeding, why do manas get INSANE tankiness, 20k hp with a 124 armor saddle, AND the most speed and mobility of any creature in the game. Oh! I almost forgot some of the most damage in the game, with an INSANE stun that lasts over ELEVEN seconds at some time.

Why do they literally get it all? Utility, stun, speed, damage, tankiness. It's stupid.

You literally cannot use Griffins anymore in PvP. Why? Well because griffins usually have around 8-10k hp, a mana can deal all that health in damage in about 4 seconds with no saddle. Yay! But the best part?? GRIFFINS GET FROZE FOR ELEVEN SECONDS. In WHAT world is that fair?

Why are Wyverns, which are so much harder to get, and can't be bred, struggle so much against them? You can't use them that often in normal pvp either, since they don't gave saddles, and manas will shred them close to the ground, and some even have less health than manas. All while being slower!!!!!

PvP is SO stale and so boring, all you can use are manas, nothing else works. Can't use Rock Drakes, or their Tek Saddle because they get shredded and can't get away from them.

They have it all, tank, speed, damage. And that STUPID freeze. I want to do SOMETHING other than use a mana. Mana v Mana is so boring and a waste of time. And I can't use basically ANY of the 100+ creatures in the game because of them.

A vast majority of the PvP community agrees. Look at Vindactur, Kishko, popular Ark Youtube pvpers, they all agree, manas make the game stale, and make everything basically useless. People that I've asked about why they play MTS instead of offical, they say "Manas are the main reason"

Wildcard knows this, and they do nothing. I've spent literal thousands of hours pvping people and for the past year, it's been nothing but "Mana Zoom Mana Freeze"

You might as well remove everything except for Gigas and Manas, since that's the only thing you can really use.

And I guarantee you this TLC will be for the carno or Megalodon or something else, that will add nothing to PvP. So the meta can remain to be stupidly stale, boring, uninspired, and driven by incompetence in balancing.

I'm hoping the Wyvern will be apart of the TLC, and it'll get a saddle, so maybe for once I can use something to good or even great effectiveness in PvP using actual skill, instead of the worst thing ever put into a video game.

TLC include creature reworks, these are creatures which are usually old and in the game from the start. what the mana needs is a extreme nerf. in the server cluster i play on only 2 manas can be in a tribe at a time (this is for PvP) and if more than one is reported being used in a raid the tribe loses that creature and is fined. i agree manas are OP for PvP. but WC should not waste a spot in the TLC for the mana, what they should do is greatly nerf it and make it non breedable. something that would also make it weaker is it takes 3-5x damage from fire, and projectiles. this would make things like turrets and wyverns more effective against it.

4 hours ago, Lilboi said:

Man its not that hard to counter manas just use z and y plants and then just pocket rhino or giga that poop u can even use a flamethrower i mean its not that hard man and most flyers can get away from them now after the nerf

if the only way to survive against them is running away then they are too op. if you are being raided you dont wanna run away, you wanan stand and fight, the mana makes this very hard to do. they should also reduce the freeze to like 5 seconds

51 minutes ago, DarknessZerkt said:

Bro just wait until bloodstalkers are everywhere, also who knows what they will add in genesis part ii lmao

blood stalkers can be easily countered, i have stated this somewhere else. a good flamethrower, shotgun or pike and some Armour will easily take care of one. and since the player is exposed when you are pulled in you can easily kill the rider leaving the stalker even more defenseless

7 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

blood stalkers can be easily countered, i have stated this somewhere else. a good flamethrower, shotgun or pike and some Armour will easily take care of one. and since the player is exposed when you are pulled in you can easily kill the rider leaving the stalker even more defenseless

thank you for making it clear. some people thank its op.

27 minutes ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

thank you for making it clear. some people thank its op.

yes it is OP in some terms, it is Op for carrying around stuff as it can swing even when over encumbered, yes it is op for taming, yes it is OP for travel. but no it is average for PvP. this is due to its small HP pool. and since if you do play PvP it would be smart to always carry some kind of strong weapon around with you, mines is either a shotgun, pike or flamethrower. sometimes all 3. and people dont realise but you can struggle to escape, aswell as having low HP when low on health it eats its rider, so if you get it down to low health you can kill both by essentially just harming it.  as of rn this thing is an effective support mount, taking out players or riders by dragging them away from the fight. it terms of pulling players off and up into the air, well that is where stuff like glide suits, grapples and parachutes come in handy. if you are a smart player you know or learn to counter these things. i apologize for the rant. overall it is an OP mount and very useful. but not really in PvP, or atleast to the way the majority of ark players like to play PvP which is big damage output and high tanking health.

6 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

TLC include creature reworks, these are creatures which are usually old and in the game from the start. what the mana needs is a extreme nerf. in the server cluster i play on only 2 manas can be in a tribe at a time (this is for PvP) and if more than one is reported being used in a raid the tribe loses that creature and is fined. i agree manas are OP for PvP. but WC should not waste a spot in the TLC for the mana, what they should do is greatly nerf it and make it non breedable. something that would also make it weaker is it takes 3-5x damage from fire, and projectiles. this would make things like turrets and wyverns more effective against it.

I said I hope Wyverns are apart of the TLC, not manas. Manas can be removed from the game for all I care. A Wyvern TLC would be an amazing breath of fresh air in this game for late/mid-game pvp

• 1 month later...

Yes manas are extremely annoying the breath does like 5 damage per millisecond. They need to take out the ability to upgrade breath damage with melee Damage increase.  I thought they did but on single player I had 2 different manas doing different damage with the breath. Also the breath needs to take more time to freeze  creatures because if you get hit 2 seconds later your frozen that just sucks.

Like if helpful

You can tell by a lot of these replies these people really have no idea how it actually is on official pvp servers or MTS. Every single established player and most that aren't, are on a mana. Many of them buy them, which is a fact. If you think you can counter a highly mutated mana with good saddle, on anything but the same, you're very confused & I'll happily prove it if you're on small tribes official pvp.

PvP revolves entirely around manas outside of Genesis. When Crystal Isle drops, it will be the main focus as well just like all other maps outside of Genesis, which most will soon abandon when transfers open up, used only for missions & the niche new dinos.

Edit: Manas moving faster in water than any water creature still.....let alone how they were for so long before nerfs (unlimited jumps) lmao.

Archived