Today is patch day! Or not so much...

SLlCK

Today is patch day! Or not so much...

So they say they are releasing a patch today, they never said for who or for what or any of those non important little details.  Then today, after traveling down some rabbit holes on twitter I find that it's delayed until tomorrow, for pc, xbox and ps4?  Delayed until some other time.

It's good we have such a hard working community manager that gets us this information is such a timely manner.  I mean if he worked just the slightest bit harder I wouldn't have to be here doing his job for him now would I?

So there you have it, patch is delayed for all those wondering where it's at.

pa.thumb.PNG.eab497229153fb36a61277f9a46c04c6.PNG

41 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Xbox got a patch yesterday but it wasn’t the bug patch. It was just a patch to catch it up to the PC version. Bug patch for all 3 platforms is still to come. 

People should do a little research before flapping off on Twitter. 

Agreed!  where does one go to find the official information on current and upcoming patches along with patch notes?

Is there a person who's job it is it relay this type of information? I have heard rumors there is but I have yet to of seen such a person.  Not sure if said person actually exists or no. So anyhow I checked the news section of this site and the official twitter but saw nothing, so where should one go to read the most up to date news on the game?  

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, SLlCK said:

Agreed!  where does one go to find the official information on current and upcoming patches along with patch notes?

Is there a person who's job it is it relay this type of information? I have heard rumors there is but I have yet to of seen such a person.  Not sure if said person actually exists or no. So anyhow I checked the news section of this site and the official twitter but saw nothing, so where should one go to read the most up to date news on the game?  

https://arkdevtracker.com/

Only site you’ll ever need. 

2 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

https://arkdevtracker.com/

Only site you’ll ever need. 

So not the official website, or the official twitter, but an entirely different 3rd party twitter tracker?  Oh my god this just keeps getting better and better.

before I spend any time on your twitter tracker, is there a twitter tracker tracker site I can go to instead?  you know to cut out the rest of the crap that get posted?  How about a twitter tracker tracker tracker?

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, SLlCK said:

So not the official website, or the official twitter, but an entirely different 3rd party twitter tracker?  Oh my god this just keeps getting better and better.

before I spend any time on your twitter tracker, is there a twitter tracker tracker site I can go to instead?  you know to cut out the rest of the crap that get posted?  How about a twitter tracker tracker tracker?

You can be spoon fed or stay obstinate and remain uninformed. It’s a personal choice each must make. 

You can be spoon fed or stay obstinate and remain uninformed. It’s a personal choice each must make. 

Spoon fed? Yeah because everyone knows you never go to the official sites to find the latest news on anything, you should always go down the deepest rabbit hole you can find and dig through tons of garbage before you find the relevant information that should be made available to paying customers, that's just common sense am I right?  You seriously have no idea how much enjoyment I get out of watching you guys defend this garbage.  Just do us all a favor, step up and admit your community manager is completely worthless.   Think about it, you might be able to even take his job!  Wouldn't that be just grand?  you would actually get paid to sit here all day instead of doing it for free! 

32 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I'll stay uninformed then, I guess. I don't twitter. I've got zero inclination to even figure out what a twitter tracker even is, let alone go down "twitter rabbit holes" lol.

22 minutes ago, SLlCK said:

Spoon fed? Yeah because everyone knows you never go to the official sites to find the latest news on anything, you should always go down the deepest rabbit hole you can find and dig through tons of garbage before you find the relevant information that should be made available to paying customers, that's just common sense am I right?  You seriously have no idea how much enjoyment I get out of watching you guys defend this garbage.  Just do us all a favor, step up and admit your community manager is completely worthless.   Think about it, you might be able to even take his job!  Wouldn't that be just grand?  you would actually get paid to sit here all day instead of doing it for free! 

Maybe take it down a notch bud, I highly doubt you're going to get anyone fired with this rant lol.

3 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

I'll stay uninformed then, I guess. I don't twitter. I've got zero inclination to even figure out what a twitter tracker even is, let alone go down "twitter rabbit holes" lol.

Maybe take it down a notch bud, I highly doubt you're going to get anyone fired with this rant lol.

Nobody is getting fired,  these slackers will defend each other to the bitter end.  Worst case scenario for them is getting someone in there with a work ethic because that would make the rest of them look even worse than they already do.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Nobody gets fired from a silly rant on the interwebz here.

Nobody gets fired from a silly rant on the interwebz here.

That was my point.  The only way any changes get made is when people man up and starting doing the right thing. I was saying you should man up.  Instead of wallowing around in this broken mess of a website and accepting the fact nobody wants to do their job, why not try and get things working the way they are supposed to work?  The way most other gaming sites/developers work?  

We can always ask directly (and in a polite manner), "What is the best way to find out what's going on?" - and include any clarifying questions if needed, but keep things on point.

If we want answers, the best option is to NOT be inflammatory (believe me, I understand the frustration).

I think of it this way: The devs have a job - and that job is development - so what better way to meet them where they are?

If I were slaving away at fixing things, I wouldn't want extra steps added like forced communication, when folks can get it directly from the horse's mouth so-to-speak.

I might be idealistic, but let's assume positive intent on their part. I'm not saying not to demand answers, but let's do it in a way where we'll get those answers, instead of friction.

1 hour ago, glassman2u said:

We can always ask directly (and in a polite manner), "What is the best way to find out what's going on?" - and include any clarifying questions if needed, but keep things on point.

If we want answers, the best option is to NOT be inflammatory (believe me, I understand the frustration).

I think of it this way: The devs have a job - and that job is development - so what better way to meet them where they are?

If I were slaving away at fixing things, I wouldn't want extra steps added like forced communication, when folks can get it directly from the horse's mouth so-to-speak.

I might be idealistic, but let's assume positive intent on their part. I'm not saying not to demand answers, but let's do it in a way where we'll get those answers, instead of friction.

good luck with that

Archived