Non dedicated server rockwell?

snackattack

Non dedicated server rockwell?

So I'm playing non dedicated with a friend of mine and she gets teleported to me and all that but will the distance be enough to make her teleport to me  during Rockwell's fight? Right now our plan is to have her shoot on the back of the rockdrake while I drive and dodge the reapers and nameless ect. But what do you think

Depends what you've set the distance to- the arena is quite large, so if you have your distance too low, there'll be some TPing. There are no specific teleport zones within the arena itself as far as I remember, but she will be teleported to you, into the arena, any time she dies and repsawns outside of it.

Hmmmm.. It's not a bad plan, but whether or not it's the best one depends on a couple of factors (and with 2P Rockwell, you really want the best plan you have). How much health does your Drake have? (And gamma/ beta/ alpha RW?) Ammo counts/ weapon damage? The main issue that I can see is that you'll have to do some turning in order for your friend to be able to see the orbs well enough to shoot them effectively, and you'll also have everything in that arena focused on just one drake (and by extension, both you and your friend).

At the very least, I'd bring some Reapers or well-bred Megalos-Anything that has decent surviveability and speed- on neutral, simply because they're some extra damage and an extra target for all the nasties. They may not last long if you're not actively guiding them, but it'll at least be some help getting though the first rounds. I wouldn't recommend trying to use your tames very heavily though, controlling them gets messy, they de-render on the other side of the arena etc. Just set em to neutral and let em do their own thing for the most part.

The principle you have- splitting up the roles- is solid though. The hardest thing in the arena (and what makes it such a challenge to do with few people) is just how much there is to keep track of. So, I'd consider- How good are both of you at handling weapons on a Drake? If you're both pretty good at moving with a gun, I'd suggest a Drake each. It'll give you more flexibility, and a larger total mount health pool. Also, if you get caught by the electricity, there's a chance you'll still have at least someone mounted- and by extension a charge pet still alive. If you do that, split up the roles. You'd both be taking piloting, so focus on splitting the enemies. One person focuses on moving through the arena shooting tentacles, and the other runs around them, shooting any orbs or Reapers that get too close. 

And if you aren't decent mounted with a gun, you definitely want to get some practice in before you go into the arena. Even if you do end up just piloting, you will pretty much certainly need to do at least some orb shooting- they get very overwhelming in numbers toward the later rounds. That said, I do remember clunky/ complex controls adding to how overwhelming the arena can be (switching between three guns, turning with A/D, turning to shoot, trying to turn around to shoot the orb behind me but I've got a gun in my hand so put the gun away so I can use my mouse to turn, pull out a gun that's the wrong gun-) so if you aren't super confident that both of you can shoot and drive, it may be good to have one person focusing on driving and the other shooting. Just keep in mind that it does mean you'll have less surviveability.

Also, if you intend to abuse the tether distance teleporting- Let your friend know that the most important thing is not letting the host die. If it reaches the point where they're dying and don't have a chance to find and pick up their equipment, and all they can do is hope they can dash to a mount before they die again, then they should just bodyblock the orbs from reaching the host. Doesn't matter if they die, but if the host dies, it's game over. 

OH! And put all your items, armour, everything, in a dino before you Ascend after you beat him! Your inventory drops in SP, I've heard, though I've never actually tested myself. Also, if you don't find your dinos at either the Portals or the Rockwell Terminal after you spawn back in, lmk. I've got a guide written up on what's probably happened to em and how to get them back.

Thanks and rn we are still getting everything we plan on bringing 2 reapers, bred up megalos, and rn 1 drake where I pilot and she shoots we are mainly worried about the teleporting thing. We are gonna beat beta Rockwell so we can learn the tek drake saddle then we will hop to another map to just goof off on, maybe like valgeruo or extinction, and we wont replace our megalos because I did some research and megalos are better then rexes imo and I've seen that if you start a boss battle at night it's still night in the boss arena idk if that's true but still, sorry for ranting

I play on PC- And I guess I should have started off by asking which platform you play, actually, because I don't know if the TP zones on console are the same as PC..>_< And since I've heard you can't raise the tether past the slider on console, assuming there's no difference in scaling between PC/ console tether, you'd have issues. The arena is huge, big enough that dinos on the other side of the arena to you de-render, so the maximum distance the slider alone allows will have TPing (at least on PC). 

If you also play PC though, everything I've said comes from experience. I have my tether set to 50, which should be more than enough to prevent any issues in the arena. 

Damn. My bad for not asking first, sorry! In that case, I'd expect distance teleporting, considering the size of the arena, if you are indeed unable to raise the slider beyond.. 3 iirc? Definitely go with the two-person Drake method so you don't have to worry about that, unless you're pretty confident that you know the distance you get TPed at and can stay within range of each other on separate Drakes.

Archived