Final Test Boss Strategy Help

dv8ndie

Final Test Boss Strategy Help

My Tribe has attempted this boss twice on Gamma.  Once with 2 players and once with 3 players.  Players in the best flak/riot we could find, shotguns for the flyer drones, and a stack of HP brews.  The last time we tried with a Yut (60 armor JM Saddle), 1 Daeodon (50 Armor Saddle), 18 Tek Rexs with 90+ Armor Saddle.  The Alpha Hide and Sink mission for Rex Saddles is easy to farm.  Bred Tek Rex leveled to 30k HP and 900%+ Melee.  100k Food on the Daeodon.  Both runs we ended up overwhelmed in the last phase of the boss and the adds just were too much and killed us collecting keys.  It was very hard to keep the Rexs together in a group for healing and yut buffing.`

Does anyone know any legit strategies and/or tips for beating this thing?  Is my group comp wrong?

I can't find a valid video on Youtube.  All the Vids I have found that beat it use Saddles/Weapons/Armor above the official server cap or console commands.

This fight is very similar to the overseer. In said fight, I always ignore drones and focus on land-based threats and the boss itself.

Furthermore, I'd make the switch from rexes to theriz as they are all around far superior boss fighters for numerous reasons. Among them, being herbivores for cake healing and being smaller makes them able to much more easily circle your opponents. They also tend to be less buggy than rexes in terms of getting stuck in each other.

I'll try to make a recording of the gamma fight when available.

Wasn't so much about the dinos as the strategy. You need a high health to deal with the rex's and reapers, Theris on the ground wround with your rexs help clearing out the simulated players. You use your mounted dinosaurs to clear a path for 1--2 ground people to gather the keys and depot them. YOU HAVE absolutely must kill the gigas that spawn before they reach your rexs in our testing the theris will eat anywhere between 16 and 25 veggie cakes you do not want to be mounted on them  set them aggressive and follow the rex's. The first 3 phases are the easy part the final 4 phases are the hard part you will need to rotate around the boss try and stay relatively close to the node if you can and keep a path open for the ground guys IF you have enough tribe mates make one person be on flyer duty everything else is window dressing.
The biggest take away we found though is giga control if you let those gigas reach your rexs it's over the bleed effect will destroy you

We did try a line of megas due to their low drag weight high speed and damage however they were too small and the riders could damage you too easily and they lose out compared to the theris do to the self healing using veggie cakes. The rexs are big enough to keep those ridding safe from the simulated players but are squishy vs gigas

That is my bad though @Darkholis I should have specified more in the original post

also just as a point of fact nothing spawned all just bred up ? the corruption mutation is from the Super Structures mod which is an updated version of s+
Also thanks for the compliment on the video ?

1 hour ago, Alocoste said:

Oh ok, i'll hard-try it then x) Thanks mate. Ez clap with a fast ichty

That is probably the easiest scavenger mission.  Glider wing skin helps a lot on the terrarium part, swim up high outside, enter, and glide down to the higher up ones.  Tek boots would probably also help if available.

On 3/11/2020 at 1:07 AM, Darkholis said:

@penguinactual1 Fun video but still nothing that can be used to do it on official servers/settings.

Your rexes are enraged corrupted, either spawned-in or from a mod, each with around 300k hp... I suspect it's not what the OP is asking for sadly.

In the video they are also using Tek Chestpieces to fly when they get into trouble on the ground.  As you stated, that video is nothing near what I was asking.

Archived