Proper mod support

WhyWebb

Suggestion

Proper mod support

Ok, so I know there are a lot of threads out there on this subject, but I have struggled to find a dev response. Could we get better S+ integration? Or more?

Thoughts:

As console players, my partner and I feel like the game is getting stale. We have been enjoying genesis a lot, but find ourselves pretty bored of the limited structures. I would even include the janky feeling build mechanics. We've come to love Ark, quirks included, so I don't want this to come across too negatively. We appreciate how far Ark has come, but that consoles (especially Xbox) are being left behind. 

We realise there is only so much work the teams can get through at any one time, but feel the benefits of mods are just as important to us as new DLC. Even with genesis, it all feels a bit vanilla after all the play time we've put in. We are also aware that getting mods on consoles is rather challenging at the best of times, but for a sandbox feeling game (private server), it really is still very limited in its base building. 

We really feel that this would be a HUGE addition and incredibly well received. 

Please could a Dev or someone with something concrete respond? Apologies if I've missed something. Thanks!

1 reply to this server topic

2 hours ago, WhyWebb said:

Proper mod support

Ok, so I know there are a lot of threads out there on this subject, but I have struggled to find a dev response. Could we get better S+ integration? Or more?

Thoughts:

As console players, my partner and I feel like the game is getting stale. We have been enjoying genesis a lot, but find ourselves pretty bored of the limited structures. I would even include the janky feeling build mechanics. We've come to love Ark, quirks included, so I don't want this to come across too negatively. We appreciate how far Ark has come, but that consoles (especially Xbox) are being left behind. 

We realise there is only so much work the teams can get through at any one time, but feel the benefits of mods are just as important to us as new DLC. Even with genesis, it all feels a bit vanilla after all the play time we've put in. We are also aware that getting mods on consoles is rather challenging at the best of times, but for a sandbox feeling game (private server), it really is still very limited in its base building. 

We really feel that this would be a HUGE addition and incredibly well received. 

Please could a Dev or someone with something concrete respond? Apologies if I've missed something. Thanks!

I know and understand why mods are not being added to the console versions of the game. They simply aren't set up to do so, nor are the systems capable of doing so. The program is already so large... who knows, maybe with the next iteration? 

However, that does not mean I do not agree. I do. 

We have gotten maps, both free and paid. We have gotten a select few QOL adjustments. We have gotten a few new creatures - no all breedable so the interest is sometimes short lived (depending on the individual). And we received a horribly watered down version of S+ over a year ago. 

Below is a rough estimation what what each map has brought us as far as building and decorative items;

• Paid DLC's
    • Island: Standard Building Tiers & some Tek items with Boss
    • Scorched Earth: Adobe Building Tiers & some items designed for the map
    • Aberration: No new building tiers, cliff platforms, items designed for the map, a tek bed
    • Extinction: No new building tiers & a tek bridge
    • Genesis: No new building tiers & the Ocean Platforms
  • Free Map's
    • The Center: Island standard building items
    • Ragnarok: Island and Ragnarok building items
    • Valguero: Island and Aberration building items

Now I can understand why free maps do not offer much as far as new items. They are free after all and the map seems like enough for all that they give us. (personally would be okay to pay a few dollars for the free maps - but that is a completely different discussion)

The paid maps though? Personally I believe that every paid map should come with one, if not two, building tiers for us to use to create with, and the last time we received that was Scorched Earth. 

And since that hasn't happened, I do believe, WC approved, mod packs should be available. And again, I am good with them being purchasable for a small fee (nothing crazy, just $1-$5 depending on the items added with the mod. It would be something small to support both the modder for creating the product and Wildcard for adding it.)

As a player, admin, and coder for a xbox-crossplay cluster, I would love to have more to use to build and play with as far as items. We play the standard version, and used to open a temporary primitive plus map just to change things up a bit since they still have yet to add anything new to the building tiers (and homestead doesn't really count as they were new shapes of existing tiers, not new tiers), yet here is a new map... with no new tiers to build with. Back to basics yet again, in a new map. 

Those are just my thoughts though.

Archived