ARK Story ? bosses ?

MessiahUK

ARK Story ? bosses ?

/Hi I played ARK back in 2016, which it was very much in its early iterations.  I have recently read that there is a story and bosses one can fight to move onto the xpansion packs.

I would love to try this, so was hoping someone could give me a small spointer, as to how I go about doing the story mode so to speak.

Do I have find someone ? Something ? 

how do I get to bosses ? In which order ? 

any help to get me started would be greatly appreciated.  Would prefer some structure to my ARK experience this time round.

I would say that there is more lore than story. Throughout the maps you will find hidden explorer chests. These give your character a small bit of experience but also contain lore about the dinos and story. Some of the notes are simply information about dinosaurs but other notes you find will be pages from journals of the survivors before you. By collecting these notes you will learn their story before you, as well as answers to things that don't make sense, such as why the maps have barriers that prevent you from escaping. The maps go in order of release date so to play them in order play:

-The island, Scorched, Abberation, Extinction and then Genesis.

There is a lot of cool lore that you can link to locations in the game, but remember to go into your settings and turn on subtitles, because much of the explorer notes are written in different languages. 

7 minutes ago, Baklap said:

Start on island, kill all 3 bosses, do tek cave, kill overseer and ascend to abberation.

Kill rockwell, ascend to extinction.

Kill all 3 titans and then king titan and ascend to genesis.

Then beat genesis.. guess thats pretty much it? Thus may sound easier than it is :P

You skipped scorched earth and spoiled the boss on abbertion*, please edit your post before they see it!

edit: Changed extinction to abberation

9 minutes ago, Baklap said:

Start on island, kill all 3 bosses, do tek cave, kill overseer and ascend to abberation.

Kill rockwell, ascend to extinction.

Kill all 3 titans and then king titan and ascend to genesis.

Then beat genesis.. guess thats pretty much it? Thus may sound easier than it is :P

are the 3 bosses just roaming around ? do I have to do anything to find them ?

what about oversser, or tek cave ?

Is this something I can just stumble across ? At what lvl/stage shud I be looking to do this ? etc

32 minutes ago, MessiahUK said:

are the 3 bosses just roaming around ? do I have to do anything to find them ?

what about oversser, or tek cave ?

Is this something I can just stumble across ? At what lvl/stage shud I be looking to do this ? etc

The bosses are fought at obelisks except for a few. They are not roaming around, you will need to summon them. Most are summoned by gathering artifacts which are usually found in caves, except the last boss which is done by defeating all the other bosses. Honestly just start playing on the island and spend plenty of time exploring and reading the notes, the rest will fall into place. Rushing to the bosses is not exactly story mode.

Also his order is not correct, scorched is a part of the story as well and takes place right before aberration. If you skip that map you will miss a gap in the storyline. 

Archived