Xbox bloodstalker controls and tips

Theshinydino

Xbox bloodstalker controls and tips

Hey guys, so I tamed a bloodstalker and wanted to try to get back to my base with it. I couldnt. The controls were very unusual and hard to get used to. Also there was this thing were anytime I went into first person to check my map the bloodstalker would detach itself from the web or surface it was on, doea anyone know about how to prevent that? Anyways could someone please type me a list/guide for all of the bloodstalkers controls on xbox? And any tips you have for using bloodstalkers would be appreciated. Thank you.

Press and hold a to charge a jump. The bloodstalker can double jump. 

If you hold right bumper during a jump you can parachute. Double jumps can be chained to parachuting to "fly". This takes a bit of stamina so watch out for that. 

Right and left trigger will attach either a single web or both to wherever the target reticles appear. The continuation of holding said button(s) down will reel you in and build up momentum. Before your momentum expires you can jump to an acrobatic launch into the air. This can be chained into more web shots to swing around. 

Pressing and holding the jump button while next to a wall you are attached to via web will cause your stalker to begin wall climbing it.

Pressing right thumb stick while webbed will cut the line. 

Any creature highlighted red with a purple outline while targeted can be grabbed up.

While grabbing something you can dismount and help with the kill or whatever.

While webbing a creature it has slowed movement. 

Running into a wall will auto climb it.

That's all I got

one of my friends is having a issue with a blood stalker, i didn't know what to think of when i first saw it, and it effectively makes it so that the bloodstalker won't do anything else.

without any web out, just walking around, the blood stalker will stop, and stand up with its legs sretched strait down, making it look like its trying to stand as tall as it can to 'peek' over something,  once it does this you can't shoot the web, or move.   Is there some key combination that's causing this to happen? I tried all sorts of keys but couldn't get my bloodstalker to do the same thing.

the only way we've found to get it to stop being in that standing state is to pod it and toss it out again.

(oops, noticed this is xbox controls, my bad, but still if you know how this happens please do tell)

On 3/10/2020 at 3:23 PM, EliteQuarmada said:

Press and hold a to charge a jump. The bloodstalker can double jump. 

If you hold right bumper during a jump you can parachute. Double jumps can be chained to parachuting to "fly". This takes a bit of stamina so watch out for that. 

Right and left trigger will attach either a single web or both to wherever the target reticles appear. The continuation of holding said button(s) down will reel you in and build up momentum. Before your momentum expires you can jump to an acrobatic launch into the air. This can be chained into more web shots to swing around. 

Pressing and holding the jump button while next to a wall you are attached to via web will cause your stalker to begin wall climbing it.

Pressing right thumb stick while webbed will cut the line. 

Any creature highlighted red with a purple outline while targeted can be grabbed up.

While grabbing something you can dismount and help with the kill or whatever.

While webbing a creature it has slowed movement. 

Running into a wall will auto climb it.

That's all I got

Doesn't explain the fact you can not read a map!

Archived