I'm constantly getting troubles in ARK...

DrSmith

I'm constantly getting troubles in ARK...

I play SmallTribes with my friend. We made bases, put turrets and get raided every 1-2 days. We tried to build in the resource underwater caves, but the beer drinkers destroyed them in couple of seconds. We made a base on to of a cliff on SE, but the base was raided somehow and turrets didn't kill anybody.

How we are suppose to survive and breed dinos, if raiders always come, when we are offline.

I wouldnt even bother with turrets unless you can get heavies and tek turrets.

Normal turrets can be flak run or soaked super easy.

Just stay super small and hidden.  Ive had stone 2x1's last months without being found, just make sure to never log out in your base because people scouting with parasaurs will find you.  

Dont breed near your base, i usually just use a pearl cave for breeding and hope nobody finds them before they are finished raising.  

Best part of staying small is theres basically zero base maintenance, more time to pvp and raid.  Rock golems are stupid easy to tame and if you offline raid youll be rolling in the loot in no time.

Just spread loot out over multiple 2x1 bases.  I just do stone personally, because if someone finds it , being metal just makes it that much more tempting to raid.  But a crappy stone base is easy to pass up.

Small tribes PvP isn't designed for casual small tribes. It's played by people who have all day to play but may lack a larger tribe. Because of this if you and your friend stay on small tribe servers you're going to have a very hard time building up. If you want to stay as a duo with your friend but still get into breeding and PvP you should consider switching to a regular PvP server. I can offer you way more advice to build up on servers like those, but back to small tribes.

You're not going to be able to out farm your opponents, so grinding for turrets and defences is pointless. Instead you need to grind for weapons and explosives. Limit your tames to petras, argys, frogs and ankys for now. Anything else will only slow you down in your objective. Your goal is to hit your enemies on the server fast and hard.

Loot the ruins for leftover charcoal. Make gunpowder with it so you don't need to give away your position with fires. Leave everything uploaded at night unless you can get back online in time to retrieve it. After you get full flak, c4 and an argy you are ready to go on the offensive.

Start on smaller bases, but don't be afraid of a few turrets. Generally everything in the base has value to you. Craft parachutes, bolas and saddles with the general resources. Craft ammo, weapons and explosives with the other resources. Lastly take any remaining low weight resources with you like gunpowder, thatch, fiber etc...

You and your friend can start building hidden 1x2 bases with a smithy and some storage and a bed. don't store any gear here, only the things like hide, thatch, fiver and so on. These will be fallback points to quickly repair gear and temporarily hide stolen loot. Eventually you will come across cyropoded dinos, these are absolutely vital to your growth so take all of them.  Continue this course of endless raiding on the server and every opportunity you get upload more gear.

At some point you have too much loot and uploaded dinos to continue managing them through the upload terminal. When this happens its time to settle down. Find a good server and quickly put up a metal base with your friend. You can start grinding materials and such at this point, but as a small tribes server and with only one other person you will never truly be able to rest. You will always need to have some raiding gear and dinos uploaded, so that if someone attacks, you can immediately retaliate. In this game mode its not about defending off your attackers, but attacking them 5 times harder. Someday you will have enough respect from the others on the server and they will leave you and your friend alone, but you will always be looking over your shoulder at the enemies you've made and future challengers. Its a very fast paced and stressful life on small tribes. 

6 hours ago, dempig said:

I wouldnt even bother with turrets unless you can get heavies and tek turrets.

Normal turrets can be flak run or soaked super easy.

Just stay super small and hidden.  Ive had stone 2x1's last months without being found, just make sure to never log out in your base because people scouting with parasaurs will find you.  

Dont breed near your base, i usually just use a pearl cave for breeding and hope nobody finds them before they are finished raising.  

Best part of staying small is theres basically zero base maintenance, more time to pvp and raid.  Rock golems are stupid easy to tame and if you offline raid youll be rolling in the loot in no time.

Just spread loot out over multiple 2x1 bases.  I just do stone personally, because if someone finds it , being metal just makes it that much more tempting to raid.  But a crappy stone base is easy to pass up.

My small bases usually got raided in 1-2 hours after I went offline.

I used purlovias, but wyvern players found all of them including a lot of cryopoded argys.

I had been hiding cryopods for 2-3 months, when somebody figured out it and destoyed all 5-6 storage bases in like 15 minutes. I've lost almost everything. 

6 hours ago, dempig said:

I used one of the caves either, but usually somebody came there on mana and kill all my dinos.

3 days ago the alphas wiped my cave with a giga and a tuso.

Archived