Community Crunch 219: Genesis Update, Enforcement Updates, and EVO Event

StudioWildcard

What about dinos and buildings blocking port points ??? or what should the answer be when resources are added to Caves to go to another server??? on the one hand caves are not buildable but players are allowed to block them and make them not accessible to other players on PvE e.g. blue gems can be found in these caves!!!

So why is this Code of Conduct?

Please do something at the port points regarding dinos and buildings and caves should not be allowed to be closed with rare resources, thank you

• Thanks 1

Why aren't you guys banning the people that are keeping your TRUE,LOYAL, customers from playing the game? Placing dino's on mission locations to purposely keep others from playing? just ban them, this way your true customers can play and IF the banned players want to play again while learning a lesson, you make more money from them buying the game again. WIN WIN

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Cedric said:

The dates have been corrected.  My body just didn't want to type Friday the 13th!

Can you please fix the bugs in bog? Or give us an idea how to keep them away? so many babies died during this event because the swarm KEEP spawning, constantly. I hope by "bug fixes" on Wednesday you mean to fix this a bit.

Thanks,

How about instead of trying to work in another map you fix the one you just released. Bloodstalkers getting killed bu antimesh as soon as they tame, invisible defence unit, defence drones and reapers in the lunar biome. I mean come on wildcard pick your game up. You already delayed the release by 2 and a half months to get it right and you are still yet to get there

• Like 1

I'm giving ARK this update. If I dont see a drastic improvement in genesis. Then unfortunately Genesis will be the Last Time Wildcard will ever get my money. I'm sick and tired of how they keep pushing new maps and dinos out. Without sorting out major issues with existing maps. It's almost as if they never even test these maps before pushing them out. Because they are always riddles with massive flaws. Mainly extinction and genesis. It's honestly gradually getting worse n worse.

This is just my opinion. I understand other people wont agree with me. And that's okay. Everyone has there own opinions. I just feel let down and robbed time after time.

I've seen many comments about fixing Primitive Plus....and I agree....it needs to be fixed. What I don't agree with is the fact that there's no communication on the status of fixing Prim+ … Just a red bar at the top stating that Primitive+ Servers are down....okay, great...tell us why they're down, or give us an update on the progress of fixing it.

On a side note, are Procedural Arks still busted? Any plans to fix them? If not, perhaps WC should remove that option from the menu.

56 minutes ago, Kheops said:

The whole point of my comment is that I can't play it properly, nobody can on PS4 except with a pro. 

It's a shame they released an unfinished and buggy game on PC, but why would they come and do the same on console ? I think you are either naive or stupid, but you have to realize this game isn't an alpha or a beta anymore, and other devs are trying the best they can while WildCard just casually tells their players to go f*ck themselves, at every single patch. 

I already know they won't fix the shop prices, it was intentionnal, they are just a bunch of assholes, probably the kind who likes to call themselves the "PC master race", just a bunch of rich kids who never had to work a single day of their lives. 

Just like you. 

Ahh you know that also with a pro you havent the issues and bluescreens? Well i could confirm, you also have.

I didnt criticize your opinion(because the issues arent to deny), just your kind of crying and handling with people.

Why are you playing a game if it or the company isnt compatible with your attitude?

and i wasn't abusive to you, as you do.  just for your calm down, I also have to work for my money...dont worry about that.

I must also ask, IS there any word on Primitive +? It's clearly close to a back seat issue, considering Genesis just released and resources need to be devoted to that in order to fix bugs, exploits, etc. that occurred during launch. I know you worked hard on P+, Cedric, and it would be a smart move to integrate the structures, resources and tools into the main game instead of running it as a stand-a-lone mode of sorts, particularly on console. It breaks with almost every other update, and i suspect that in part at least is because you guys are trying to prevent any sort of Tek being carried over into it. hell, before it crashed, I wasn't even able to place most adobe structures on Scorched Earth and that's kind of bad considering it's insulating properties in game. We the community, know you guys can add new structures, tools and resources into the main game already. You did it with S+/Homestead update, Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction as well as Genesis. If people don't want to move beyond primitive lifestyle in the game, that can be a choice. Heck, instead of the check-box for Primitive + for private servers, have a check-box for allowing Tek instead. Sure, there are some things within to address like which ghillie suit ingredients to go with, the classic one, or the P+ one that uses leather. I'm sure you guys can work it out. I believe moving P+ beyond just an alternative Game Mode and graduating to become part of the larger game will streamline things. With all the new stuff you guys are working hard on for an exciting 2020, i feel this option would be better for everyone in the long run as well as saving time, money and energy that must be expended to fix it with each big update. Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence and thrice is a pattern. Primitive + has broke down to some extent or another more than three times, so it seems the writing may be right on the wall in regards to possible solutions and next steps.

Keep up the good work guys, great work with Genesis! Looking forward to Crystal Islands and Gen Part 2!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Pikasal07 said:

I want a ceratosaurus to come to ark

it would be cool if their were skins of Dinos that spawn as Varrents 

like the ceratosaurus would be a Skin of the Carno but has some slight Buffs maybe

and they could also add the Arkelogy animals as natural dinos that spawn. but with Buffs

Stiggy has a Rivalry Buff near stronger dinos

Styracosaurus could harvest stone, and have more Hp and damage the trike

Brachy just should be its own Dino.

maybe?

• Like 1

I think the game looks awesome! Only thing I have seen are tribes controlling areas by placing pillars, but that didnt stop the spawning of dinos. There are some blue screen issues, lag issues, and server timeout issues mostly because of people building huge behemoth gates in a concentrated area...but not bad enough to quit playing yet. Guys freaking out should be patient, it takes a ton of work to make a game like this as awesome that it is... have faith, they will fix it :)

Edited by Tralfaz777
  • Like 1

Bog fishing causes a crash.  Completed Gamma and immediately tried Beta afterwards.  Game crashed 3 times during Beta mission.  Each time the items I earned from the Gamma disappeared but I only received 80 hexagons after redoing the mission at that difficulty level.  The original hexagons I earned didn’t save but I earned less as if I had already completed the mission.

Also, I tried to place stone fence supports.  After a couple of them were placed I received “requires foundation support to place” and couldn’t put down anymore.

Teleporting with a tame is still iffy as well.  Sometimes they come with and other times they get left behind.  Hopefully the update fixes these issues...

Xbox One.

Edited by Arthurkane

20 hours ago, irishstorm said:

Is putting rexes on aggro in the kark lunar cave considered griefing? asking because  a tribe has proceeded to do this to stop people from taming karks on our server :(

It won't be to stop people from taming them, it will be to AFK farm Organic Poly and Chitin. There are a few caves they spawn in, might have some luck in the others