Ocean Platforms, the new lag generators

Zapha

Ocean Platforms, the new lag generators

I had this neighbour on The Island at my old beach base, with his crazy big base which was always at loading.

But now with the ocean platform it became really worse. He put that thing in front of my rafts and use it as presentation platform for his 500 dinos. The lag became so bad, I was enforced to leave that place.

Wildcard, please, that thing is designed for Genesis, please don't allow it outside of Genesis. You gave the "Look at my 500 dinos" crowd a "great" tool for spamming the beach waters full with easy to build posing platforms.

Whoever wants such a platform outside of Genesis can do that with a raft (which is way more time consuming to build why we don't see something often).

Just saw someone on Valguero who connected 4 ocean platforms together, and the way he is arranging it shows that he will make a 3x3 mega platform (transmitter on the middle platform, one side is ready and packed with dinos). Of course terrible lag when bypassing that thing which he placed in the middle of the lake.

Devs, it's only a question of time until all lakes on all Valguero servers will be packed with combined mega platforms. And the beach waters on the other servers too.

Should be limited to be fair. Like once you’ve placed one then you can’t place another due to proximity. Or one per tribe .or limit to ocean biome placement only on genesis. There’s obviously easy player workarounds potentially but it’s a start . Just can’t see it happening though , too much else going on In game that needs addressed first. It’s in the game now so get used to it

Archived