Jump to content

kiwibuddy

How to breed for stats? (For an idiot)

Recommended Posts

How to breed for stats? (For an idiot)

Alright so... I made this account just to ask this question: How do I breed for stats? Like I don't understand a lot of the words and wild level up or why it works, basically in the simplest terms: I breed good stat dinos with good stat dinos, and try to get better stat dinos, I think I understand and can fumble my way through that. What I don't seem to be able to wrap my head around is if after you tame a wild dino, and then you level it up, does that make the offspring better? For example, a raptor that was just tamed has 2 speed, and I leveled it up 3 times, so now it has 5 speed. Will the offspring take into account the 3 speed (Total 5) that it got by leveling? Or will it just use the 2 speed it had when I caught it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stats obtained from leveling up (and from imprinting, by the way) won't make the baby better. Also, either don't level the dinos you use for breeding at all, or write down what their pre-leveling stats were, so that if the baby gets a mutation you would be able to easily figure out where it landed by comparing its stats with the pre-leveling stats of both parents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rule of thumb when breeding the dinos, don't level them up and don't do the imprint bonus on dinos that you plan only to use for breeding. If you level them it muddies up the parents stats. The stats the parents level themselves before you tame them, which includes the bonus levels they get when you are taming them, are what get passed on to the baby with a 55% chance the baby takes the higher stats.

 

Here's an example:

You have one dodo with 400 health

And an another dodo with 320 health

The baby has a 55% chance to have 400 health and a 45% chance to have 320 health. It doesn't matter if one of the dodo's was leveled to have 500 health the baby only will have the 400 or 320 health options. Also imprinting important if you plant to use that dino to fight but not important if your only using the dino to breed better dinos. 

 

Mutations are another story.

 

Say you have a breeding pair all stats are identical so the baby is guaranteed to have the same stats as the parents unless you get a mutation.

Let's use dodo's again because why not

You have two level 225 dodo's with all the stats the same, the babies come out as 225 with the same stats as the parents, if a baby developed a mutation from one or both parents then the baby will come out as 227 or 229 respectively.

 

Honestly there's a lot of info out there however the best teacher is experience like I said if you plan to breed you don't want to fool with leveling the dinos stats for getting the imprint bonus.

 

Teachers game too does a good job breaking it down.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, hud said:

Baby get only after tamed stats from parents. So in your case baby will get only 2 speed. 

 

Okay that makes a lot of sense, especially when I just started using the Awesome Spyglass mod (it tells you what it's base is compared to how many points you put into that stat). That's really helpful!

28 minutes ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

Stats obtained from leveling up (and from imprinting, by the way) won't make the baby better. Also, either don't level the dinos you use for breeding at all, or write down what their pre-leveling stats were, so that if the baby gets a mutation you would be able to easily figure out where it landed by comparing its stats with the pre-leveling stats of both parents.

Okay that's new information, I thought the baby would be better for breeding if imprinted but that does make sense I suppose; they're not any different genetically after all

10 minutes ago, Arkanewisdom said:

Rule of thumb when breeding the dinos, don't level them up and don't do the imprint bonus on dinos that you plan only to use for breeding. If you level them it muddies up the parents stats. The stats the parents level themselves before you tame them, which includes the bonus levels they get when you are taming them, are what get passed on to the baby with a 55% chance the baby takes the higher stats.

 

Here's an example:

You have one dodo with 400 health

And an another dodo with 320 health

The baby has a 55% chance to have 400 health and a 45% chance to have 320 health. It doesn't matter if one of the dodo's was leveled to have 500 health the baby only will have the 400 or 320 health options. Also imprinting important if you plant to use that dino to fight but not important if your only using the dino to breed better dinos. 

 

Mutations are another story.

 

Say you have a breeding pair all stats are identical so the baby is guaranteed to have the same stats as the parents unless you get a mutation.

Let's use dodo's again because why not

You have two level 225 dodo's with all the stats the same, the babies come out as 225 with the same stats as the parents, if a baby developed a mutation from one or both parents then the baby will come out as 227 or 229 respectively.

 

Honestly there's a lot of info out there however the best teacher is experience like I said if you plan to breed you don't want to fool with leveling the dinos stats for getting the imprint bonus.

 

Teachers game too does a good job breaking it down.

 

 

Okay! I'll check out the video and come back to you if I need help, but a quick question for reference: Do colors work the same way, kinda? Like is there a chance for having a sudden color shift in the baby or is it always going to be colored like a mixture between the two parents?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a full rundown of what you need to know to create strong bloodlines.

Getting Solid Foundation:

All wild dinos have their own set of stats. Knock out a few dinos that are around the same level and you will see that some have higher health, while others have higher food etc...

Start your bloodlines by deciding what you want your dinosaurs to be good in. Whether its health, melee, or speed. Maybe a combination of those. Start knocking out wild dinosaurs and keep the ones with the best stats. Also keep the ones with the worst stats in things you don't care about, like the food or oxygen stat.

Now when you tame these dinos they get a stat boost, but these stats are random, but these stats also go directly into their offspring, so you will need to tame a lot of them to get the stats you want. 

After you get a few high level tames, not counting the levels that you put into them, then you want to breed them together and the babies will have a chance of inheriting the highest stats of the parents. You may need to breed a brother and sister together in order to combine the high stats into one dinosaur.

After you get that one dinosaur that has all of the good stats inherited into it, breed it with the dino that has bad food, or whatever else you don't want. This will produce an offspring that has high stats in only the areas you care about. Get a few more offspring that are like this, ideally you want many females.

Mutations:

Once you have multiple females don't level them up, the extra levels don't apply to the offspring and the unaltered stats will allow you to compare them with future offspring.

Occasionally you will have a mutated baby, which gains a random stat boost and color change. This genetic altercation will carry on to future generations, so save them and breed it back to the females. All of the offspring should come out with that one mutation as well.

The next generation of offspring will have a chance of mutating a second time, retaining the first mutation as well. This process can be done up to 20 times, which means that you can have a powerfull all rounded dinosaur with mutations in different stats or you can specialize in breeding dinosaurs that are super strong in one specific stat.

Other Random Info:

Mutations take a very long time to stack in the right stats, so I suggest you focus on creating a solid bloodline first and never assume that your mutated bloodline is maxed out.

There will always be a wild level 150 dino out there that may have one super insane stat and if you end up finding it you will need to start from the ground up, to fully incorporate the new genetics into your bloodlines.

Have fun with breeding and experiment, getting stable base stats for a foundation for breeding can be done in a week if your lucky. Getting a powerful mutated bloodline will take years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...