Is it intended that the boss deletes all your items?

Peteed1

Just beat gamma boss and in the end cutscene it kills you and you lose all the items. Surely it can't be intended to delete the shotguns and ammo and cryo'd dinos and more that the player has one them... 

Also one of our players and all of the dinos from people in alliance got left behind but all other alliance members got in. Final people did end up teleporting in but later in the fight majorly delayed but no alliance dinos made it. That led to us having to unclaim dinos quickly so others could claim and use them. 

No idea what of this is intended but yeah I went from really high quality flak gear to now in primitive until I refarm another set :(

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Peteed1 said:

Just beat gamma boss and in the end cutscene it kills you and you lose all the items. Surely it can't be intended to delete the shotguns and ammo and cryo'd dinos and more that the player has one them... 

Also one of our players and all of the dinos from people in alliance got left behind but all other alliance members got in. Final people did end up teleporting in but later in the fight majorly delayed but no alliance dinos made it. That led to us having to unclaim dinos quickly so others could claim and use them. 

No idea what of this is intended but yeah I went from really high quality flak gear to now in primitive until I refarm another set :(

I believe this is the result of downloads being disabled since when you ascend, your character along with its items gets uploaded. I also believe the if you don't download it on Genesis but on another server, your items won't be deleted.

3 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I believe this is the result of downloads being disabled since when you ascend, your character along with its items gets uploaded. I also believe the if you don't download it on Genesis but on another server, your items won't be deleted.

this is what happens when they use the coding for the Tek cave for new boss battles.   Same thing happens there, been happening for a long time running, and people have complained about it only to have it fall on deaf ears.   The only real resolution to stop it from happening is quickly shove all your gear onto your dino before the cutscene kicks in,  I imagine this method would work as well for the boss battle on Genesis.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, Peteed1 said:

Private server with no others clustered :(

Clustering a single server should work, allowing you and your players to upload and download from the cluster but being the only one, transfers wouldn't be allowed anywhere. Perhaps you could try that.

5 hours ago, caleb68 said:

this is what happens when they use the coding for the Tek cave for new boss battles.   Same thing happens there, been happening for a long time running, and people have complained about it only to have it fall on deaf ears.   The only real resolution to stop it from happening is quickly shove all your gear onto your dino before the cutscene kicks in,  I imagine this method would work as well for the boss battle on Genesis.

Most likely would, because tames are teleported back and are not uploaded. From a story standpoint, it makes sense that you are being uploaded since you are ascending to the next world but I have to a agree, this is not ideal and can be tricky for server owners that are not running more than one map at a time.

7 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Most likely would, because tames are teleported back and are not uploaded. From a story standpoint, it makes sense that you are being uploaded since you are ascending to the next world but I have to a agree, this is not ideal and can be tricky for server owners that are not running more than one map at a time.

I don't know why you talk about one server, doesn't matter if you run one server or twenty, or play on official,  its a bug that's been around sense they introduced the tek cave.   Before doing tek cave runs on official we always make sure everyone knows to store everything on their dino asap after the boss is done else they lose their items.

people should exercise the same practice for this boss being its the same coding.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, caleb68 said:

I don't know why you talk about one server, doesn't matter if you run one server or twenty, or play on official,  its a bug that's been around sense they introduced the tek cave.   Before doing tek cave runs on official we always make sure everyone knows to store everything on their dino asap after the boss is done else they lose their items.

people should exercise the same practice for this boss being its the same coding.

It does matter, because each setup have their own restrictions and the losses caused by different reasons.

if you run one server

If you only run one server that is not clustered and ascend, the server will reject the items because download are not allowed. If you enable downloads on a non-clustered server, then your players will be able to also download stuff they uploaded locally (from their single-player world).

or twenty

If you run 20 servers, then that means they are clustered. And you should be able to download your items unless explicitly disabled.

or play on official

Officials are a totally different beast. Not only the cluster is not hosted on the same machine and thus involve networking, but they also have heavy restrictions when it comes to downloads in an attempt to fight and prevent exploits such as duping. I believe the download will be rejected for items that were not "ready to upload" at the time of ascending and that those items were in fact dropped in the arena. For example, if you freeze your dinos, then they weren't ready to upload until the next save. Same for stacks that changed size such as ammo, etc.

Archived