Ark Good idea terrible devs

Bloodavenger

Ark Good idea terrible devs

1st off let me say 2k hours in the game so i know what i'm talking about.

5 years.. 5 years and meshing is STILL a thing, I have been meshed countless times and the devs refuse to do anything about it even with the so called "fix" to meshing i have been meshed a further 3 times and lost everything. Wildcard is holding a great game back because of their lack of care of the game and the hundreds apon hundreds of hours people put into their dinos and their bases and lets face it they don't care about their community at all.

I stopped playing a while back and put my character with boss fights and ascensions on a safe server only to come back after a break and find my character data was deleted and the GM i got assigned wouldn't listen and only game me level 105 back it took me 3 days of fighting to ad least get the basic tekgrams back like tp gen and trans still this process took about a month for my appointment to be seen because the wildcard programmers cant secure playerdata. In the month it took to get my character back i leveled a fresh one up to Level 105 only to have that one be deleted aswell whats the point.

I was talking to a game tester that i run into on a random server who told me that wildcard (generalising people) doesnt care about the game or its community. In the testers words they already have your money they are done with you. The tester then went on about how majority of the dlc where not tested much of at all before release.

Lets not forget banning a community youtuber for bringing to light meshing and ways that it could be fixed, shutting down servers (mainly OC from what i have seen), Building spam that sometimes takes up 1/4th of the map (Looking at you decommissioned OC scorched servers), Down right refusing to start a small tribes cluster for OC, The real money blackmarket, the mega tribes that are ruining the game, scorched earth still isnt finished, and dont get me started with the sh**show that is atles and its race wars.

What broke me was logging in to see that griefers had meshed into our base with the astrocetus and killed all our lines and wiped everything. Given i play in a 3 man we had alot of stuff and alot of time sunk into that base and them tames.

2000 hours and what am i left with. no base, no dinos, no relevant character progression.

Don't get me wrong i had some good times but having read the above it should be clear the bad out ways the good. I would start it all again if wildcard put out a small tribes for OC but i know they wont.

So as it seems this might by my last good bye to a game that had and still has potential but under the current Wildcard will never be fully released.

I mean, One solution to this is just to open a private password protected server with PvE. you dont need to play on Wildcards servers. Remember in a private server you have the control over everything, like leveling up and so on. Plus you can take your own backups so you have it incase  your savegame corrupts

5 hours ago, Bananbaronen said:

I mean, One solution to this is just to open a private password protected server with PvE. you dont need to play on Wildcards servers. Remember in a private server you have the control over everything, like leveling up and so on. Plus you can take your own backups so you have it incase  your savegame corrupts

your missing the point here i like the pvp and raiding hence why i want a small tribes OC its the fact wildcard dont give a single raptor about the game anymore same goes for its community.

It’s management being poor, they use the excuse “ oh we’re a small company we’re a small company give us a break” we’ll the problem with that is your company size doesn’t matter, your producing a product and packaging if and slapping a label on it and charging people. 
the actual problem with wildcard is laziness inexperienced and management but I’ll skip the extra long blah blah blah because I could point out faults left and right for hours but it comes down to these 2 options and nothing else 

1 your creating the hardest game ever to develop and that’s why you have issues

or

2 you have one of if not the worst dev teams in the gaming industry 

I’m going with option 2 it’s a lot more plausible 

As a customer I’m tired of the excuses wildcard literally has 3-4 excuses per week as to why something messed up again 

I understand programming and coding may be hard but if your team is struggling or incapable you have an incompetent team

This is why i haven’t and won’t ever buy Genesis unless it’s gameshared with me. I bought the season pass in 2016 or 17, never spending another penny on Wildcard after my first cheater. What bamboozles me is that despite all of the bugs/deletions/meshers, people STILL BUY STUFF. 

I only play this game to waste time on as most other games are only good for wasting 1 or 2 hours casually. Maybe i’ll play ESO

1 hour ago, SaulGoodman said:

What bamboozles me is that despite all of the bugs/deletions/meshers, people STILL BUY STUFF. 

Playing on Unofficial servers helps out alot. 

Bang for buck, Ark is one probably one best games I have purchased in a long time purely on the how much I have spent on the game and hours played. 

2 hours ago, Wopranksta said:

It’s management being poor, they use the excuse “ oh we’re a small company we’re a small company give us a break” we’ll the problem with that is your company size doesn’t matter, your producing a product and packaging if and slapping a label on it and charging people. 
the actual problem with wildcard is laziness inexperienced and management but I’ll skip the extra long blah blah blah because I could point out faults left and right for hours but it comes down to these 2 options and nothing else 

1 your creating the hardest game ever to develop and that’s why you have issues

or

2 you have one of if not the worst dev teams in the gaming industry 

I’m going with option 2 it’s a lot more plausible 

As a customer I’m tired of the excuses wildcard literally has 3-4 excuses per week as to why something messed up again 

I understand programming and coding may be hard but if your team is struggling or incapable you have an incompetent team

The reality is Wildcard is a smaller company and it seems pretty obvious that they bit off more than they can chew with Ark.  I'm not defending Wildcard or their treatment of the player base, but you have to admit the game they produced is complex and very ambitious.  While Wildcard leaves a lot to be desired as a developer, they are by no means the worst developer ever.  People still get their money's worth out of it.  Hell, the original poster starts with the classic "I've got 2k hours so I know what I'm talking about" line.  2,000 hours into a game they maybe paid $100 for depending on when they bought it and which DLCs were purchased?  How many other games do you get 2,000 hours of enjoyment for the $60 price tag?

History shows Wildcard to be a smaller and less experienced development studio.  The increased complexity of this game lends itself to being more prone to bugs and issues.  It sucks, but it is what it is.  Try to cut these guys a little slack and understanding as they attempt to support the game.  Slinging mud and getting salty doesn't help anything.  They also have the balancing act of supporting the existing content while bringing in revenue to keep the team going.  I don''t think Genesis should've been released before outstanding game issues were addressed.  But I also understand the need to bring in more money.

5 hours ago, LEDminer said:

Well there are some popular unofficial PvP servers out there, even with settings that you might like.

This game tester you talked about, unless they had crystal clear proof that they were an official game tester and not some self proclaimed tester troll spreading false information, I wouldn't trust a stranger online.

Had the game tester icon (a joy stick) next to their name and had the Game tester hat skin

50 minutes ago, PertySlick said:

The reality is Wildcard is a smaller company and it seems pretty obvious that they bit off more than they can chew with Ark.  I'm not defending Wildcard or their treatment of the player base, but you have to admit the game they produced is complex and very ambitious.  While Wildcard leaves a lot to be desired as a developer, they are by no means the worst developer ever.  People still get their money's worth out of it.  Hell, the original poster starts with the classic "I've got 2k hours so I know what I'm talking about" line.  2,000 hours into a game they maybe paid $100 for depending on when they bought it and which DLCs were purchased?  How many other games do you get 2,000 hours of enjoyment for the $60 price tag?

History shows Wildcard to be a smaller and less experienced development studio.  The increased complexity of this game lends itself to being more prone to bugs and issues.  It sucks, but it is what it is.  Try to cut these guys a little slack and understanding as they attempt to support the game.  Slinging mud and getting salty doesn't help anything.  They also have the balancing act of supporting the existing content while bringing in revenue to keep the team going.  I don''t think Genesis should've been released before outstanding game issues were addressed.  But I also understand the need to bring in more money.

tbh i should have dropped the game a long time ago but i'm a sucker and i REALLY wanted to make the game fun. 2k hours and 90% of the time was spent grinding because i got meshed by unraidable mega tribes that dont get banned. Also your cutting Wildcard to much slack 5 years they have had to fix hell even finish their content (scorched earth) as for the money they said that they delayed work on their next project (Ark 2) for genesis because survival evolved is still printing money. From what i understand they have more then enough money and are just milking every dollar out of the game before they start on ark 2.

The way i see it if they cant fix their game after 5 YEARS they should get someone that can or ad least admit that they are incapable of fixing the game but as it stands they ban people that bring the issue up ignore you when you get meshed and refuse to give you anything back. I also agree wildcard is far from the worse devs Looking at you Code }{atch

As for what other games could you get 2k hours in and have it be fun Arma 2 OA and Arma 3 top tier games imo

1 minute ago, Bloodavenger said:

tbh i should have dropped the game a long time ago but i'm a sucker and i REALLY wanted to make the game fun. 2k hours and 90% of the time was spent grinding because i got meshed by unraidable mega tribes that dont get banned. Also your cutting Wildcard to much slack 5 years they have had to fix hell even finish their content (scorched earth) as for the money they said that they delayed work on their next project (Ark 2) for genesis because survival evolved is still printing money. From what i understand they have more then enough money and are just milking every dollar out of the game before they start on ark 2.

The way i see it if they cant fix their game after 5 YEARS they should get someone that can or ad least admit that they are incapable of fixing the game but as it stands they ban people that bring the issue up ignore you when you get meshed and refuse to give you anything back. I also agree wildcard is far from the worse devs Looking at you Code }{atch

As for what other games could you get 2k hours in and have it be fun Arma 2 OA and Arma 3 top tier games imo

If you had problems with the game 5 years ago and still bought DLC as it was released, then you are a part of the problem ;)  The truth is Wilcard are the only ones that are going to work on Ark.  Either they continue doing what they can or they drop it and you're stuck with the game as is.  The other option is somebody bigger buys Wildcard, but as a programmer I cannot imagine another group of devs wanting to touch Ark's codebase at this point.  This game seems to be a hot mess with a frantic and disorganized team behind it.  They can't even get their patch notes together.  Cedric himself said on Twitter it's hard to determine what exactly is in each patch at this point.  They've also publicly admitted they are too under-staffed to maintain the game already.  As far as not getting compensation or regulation on official servers: I would just say those are play at your own risk.  You're not paying a fee to play on servers made available.  What can you expect?

I'm not trying to say Wildcard deserves a free pass or anything.  I am also disappointed and honestly have stopped playing since the re-re-reintroduction of the whistle bug on Windows 10 with the addition of Genesis.  I didn't even buy the DLC and I still had my experience ruined by it.  I also understand that history shows Wildcard seems unable to right this ship.  So I choose not to support them with my money any longer.  But I also think the devs actually care and are trying to do what they can.  But they are doing so within a company that lacks the organization, processes, and procedures required to maintain such a complex game on so many platforms with so much content.

7 hours ago, PertySlick said:

If you had problems with the game 5 years ago and still bought DLC as it was released, then you are a part of the problem ;)  The truth is Wilcard are the only ones that are going to work on Ark.  Either they continue doing what they can or they drop it and you're stuck with the game as is.  The other option is somebody bigger buys Wildcard, but as a programmer I cannot imagine another group of devs wanting to touch Ark's codebase at this point.  This game seems to be a hot mess with a frantic and disorganized team behind it.  They can't even get their patch notes together.  Cedric himself said on Twitter it's hard to determine what exactly is in each patch at this point.  They've also publicly admitted they are too under-staffed to maintain the game already.  As far as not getting compensation or regulation on official servers: I would just say those are play at your own risk.  You're not paying a fee to play on servers made available.  What can you expect?

I'm not trying to say Wildcard deserves a free pass or anything.  I am also disappointed and honestly have stopped playing since the re-re-reintroduction of the whistle bug on Windows 10 with the addition of Genesis.  I didn't even buy the DLC and I still had my experience ruined by it.  I also understand that history shows Wildcard seems unable to right this ship.  So I choose not to support them with my money any longer.  But I also think the devs actually care and are trying to do what they can.  But they are doing so within a company that lacks the organization, processes, and procedures required to maintain such a complex game on so many platforms with so much content.

lets be honest the money i spend on the game doesnt mean poop and if i didnt buy the dlc's month and years ago they still would be doing the exact same thing. also wildcard have the money and ability to bring in new people to fix the poop they themselves cant but as it seems they dont have the interest in doing so. as for playing on non official OC has a handful of them and most of them are 10X so there isnt a point in anything. the consumer shouldn't have to use other peoples servers to have an unbroken experience eg aimbot, esp and meshing.

what can i expect? a game that after the year long break i took from the game to be somewhat fixed in any capacity. Also i would play small tribes but WC refuses to make an OC small tribes and if you say its because of the player count potentially being to low for it the reason OC players left is because the OC server where taken over my mega tribes and ruined the center 95 is a good example aswell as the only OC scorched server as all our other servers where shutdown because mega tribes foundation spammed 25% of the map and blocked off all drops and obis so no one played them anymore.

I hope you see what im getting at here WC have had 5 YEARS to fix the most basic stuff yet refuse to.

On 3/9/2020 at 3:57 PM, PertySlick said:

Your right but biting off more then you can chew and still running away with it taking bigger and bigger bites? That IS management making poor decisions while disregarding it’s consumer, as a professional company you dont use excuses your employer would fire you for that (a competent one would) so using the complete excuse of biting off more then they could chew is actually a bad one because they keep doing it and making a mess every where, it’s bad leadership and employees not great at their job it’s ok that’s not illegal it sucks but I dont know I guess I’m tired of the excuses for the past few years no other company is aloud to constantly use multiple excuses every week for years on end their has to be a limit because it’s out of hand 

11 minutes ago, Wopranksta said:

Your right but biting off more then you can chew and still running away with it taking bigger and bigger bites? That IS management making poor decisions while disregarding it’s consumer, as a professional company you dont use excuses your employer would fire you for that (a competent one would) so using the complete excuse of biting off more then they could chew is actually a bad one because they keep doing it and making a mess every where, it’s bad leadership and employees not great at their job it’s ok that’s not illegal it sucks but I dont know I guess I’m tired of the excuses for the past few years no other company is aloud to constantly use multiple excuses every week for years on end their has to be a limit because it’s out of hand 

I didn't say it was an excuse.  I'm also not defending Wildcard or their actions.  I'm just sharing my understanding of why things are they way they are.

Archived