Servers Down

Muucow

official servers crapping out.

I main on OC-PVE-Official-TheIsland207, what would one have to do to get someone to actually get the server host to actually do something with regards to some maintenance on the server. we've been posting server down reports for months now and the server keeps getting worse and worse and worse. 30-45 second lag spikes every 10-15 minutes and when we are not lagging the server is either crashing our and rolling back or disconnecting and timing out the populace of the server. so far tonight in the span or 3 hours we have had 9 disconnection's and 2 out and out server crashes. this is not happening to me alone it's been happening to everyone on the server so it's not an external ip issue.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, HiImZech said:

its happening to all OC servers I think.

seems like wc isn't giving enough attention to the servers down under

EU servers as well. Literally just had my friend's game crash while we were on a griffin in a dive, had the thing's face into the ground gliding along for about 15 seconds before he was disintegrated by nothing, then I was teleported to the skybox into atmospheric freefall.

I can say that if you don't have a wingsuit, the game's impossible for flying at this point.

I guess it's not really the servers, but Wildcards internet connection.

Sure, some servers tend to crash more often than others, but if you avoid them you can play for months without crash, like me. Because all servers having the freezes it can only be the bandwith. That's the price of a game where all servers are connected together. I would not wonder if the ARK network produces more data than the CERN, because we have now around ~1000 official servers. But while the CERN get their internet costs paid from european citizens, Wildcard must pay it self. And for economic reasons they can't just upgrade until we are lagfree.

Earlier or later Wildcard must do something, region lock, server consolidation, decreasing of dinos/structures cap ... whatever, it will be a bloodbath. Or they do nothing and ARK just fades away one day.

Dude... they just made bankroll off of genesis. I dont get why they dont invest a couple mill into fixing their servers with our money and improving gameplay rather than dealing with this constant garbage. I've never had servers down on any other game as much as this one. Matter of fact every game I've ever played in the history of time combined have not crashed as much as this game has. If they would spend our money on fixing the connection issues this game would be near flawless.

2 minutes ago, FueledByRedBull said:

Matter of fact every game I've ever played in the history of time combined have not crashed as much as this game has. If they would spend our money on fixing the connection issues this game would be near flawless.

"in the history of time" thats deep ;) but yhea i was saying this to myself before the crash while building and trying to compensate for the lag delay... concept is amazing but the servers need more strength

13 minutes ago, FueledByRedBull said:

Dude... they just made bankroll off of genesis. I dont get why they dont invest a couple mill into fixing their servers with our money and improving gameplay rather than dealing with this constant garbage. I've never had servers down on any other game as much as this one. Matter of fact every game I've ever played in the history of time combined have not crashed as much as this game has. If they would spend our money on fixing the connection issues this game would be near flawless.

Yea even roll out 3x again like seriously why not just keep it 2X rated for weekdays and 3x for weekend?

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Servers Down

Archived