Building tips and tricks

RaidenZer0

Building tips and tricks

I play Ark mainly for the building, and I am constantly watching tutorials on YouTube for PC or console builds and trying to imitate them to the best of my ability on mobile.  There are precious few videos for mobile, so I'm compiling a list of tips and tricks both for practical play and for aesthetic builds on mobile so that I can apply them in a serious of videos.

Does anyone have any to share?  

Edit: All tips, tricks shared will be credited.

1 hour ago, nintendogamer7 said:

Try checking out @TranquilityEden’s videos and posts. He does building stuff for Mobile. 

Although, I gotta say I find it somewhat odd that you come to Ark Mobile of all places just to build when there are way better building games/simulators whose point is... building. Instead of survival. 

The challenge? It’s what I like! The other building games are designed for building. I love wrestling the mad building mechanics of ark!

thanks for the mention though!

9 hours ago, RaidenZer0 said:

Building tips and tricks

I play Ark mainly for the building, and I am constantly watching tutorials on YouTube for PC or console builds and trying to imitate them to the best of my ability on mobile.  There are precious few videos for mobile, so I'm compiling a list of tips and tricks both for practical play and for aesthetic builds on mobile so that I can apply them in a serious of videos.

Does anyone have any to share?  

Edit: All tips, tricks shared will be credited.

Hi there! Great to hear of another ark mobile builder!!

have you registered for the BuildOff tournament? Check it out if you have a chance!

Ark Build Off Tournament Trailer

2 hours ago, nintendogamer7 said:

Try checking out @TranquilityEden’s videos and posts. He does building stuff for Mobile. 

Although, I gotta say I find it somewhat odd that you come to Ark Mobile of all places just to build when there are way better building games/simulators whose point is... building. Instead of survival. 

I started Ark for the survival, but stayed for the building challenge.  I chose Mobile because my pc cant handle that version, and because I'm always on the go.  I also build on xbox version, but my game play time at home is limited.

One trick I regularly use is using a ceiling attached to wall giving you another snap point. This can be used for aesthetic purposes to stick a stone railing or a door frame to the wall or give a different look or to make a pvp base more secure by doubling or even tripling (using flipped) walls. Once the snap point has been used you can delete the wall. 

Another useful trick is “reserving the place” to place walls that won’t place because of clipping by using door frames (to make walls cross (make an X from above) and using slopes walls to make them clip at an angle. Once these walls have been placed you can replace them with the finished wall and boom they have clipped!

not sure if that’s the sort of thing you were after?

6 hours ago, TranquilityEden said:

One trick I regularly use is using a ceiling attached to wall giving you another snap point. This can be used for aesthetic purposes to stick a stone railing or a door frame to the wall or give a different look or to make a pvp base more secure by doubling or even tripling (using flipped) walls. Once the snap point has been used you can delete the wall. 

Another useful trick is “reserving the place” to place walls that won’t place because of clipping by using door frames (to make walls cross (make an X from above) and using slopes walls to make them clip at an angle. Once these walls have been placed you can replace them with the finished wall and boom they have clipped!

not sure if that’s the sort of thing you were after?

"Reserving the place" is EXACTLY the kind of thing I'm talking about.  In fact you just solved a design issue I was trying to solve just yesterday! Once i read that, i had to go and try it out, the pic is the result.

20200309_113916.jpg

Great I am pleased you found it useful. I use it a lot! You can also use it to place a pillar in the middle of a wall as it fits between where the door goes then replace the door frame with a wall and you have a pillar travelling through the middle of the wall. 

I tend however to use the slopes walls more as they allow clipping at many more angles than door frames offer. 

On 3/9/2020 at 2:52 AM, TranquilityEden said:

The challenge? It’s what I like! The other building games are designed for building. I love wrestling the mad building mechanics of ark!

thanks for the mention though!

I understand the appeal for it, but to come to Ark Mobile of all places and ONLY to build? It just seems strange to me lol

On 3/9/2020 at 4:01 AM, RaidenZer0 said:

I started Ark for the survival, but stayed for the building challenge.  I chose Mobile because my pc cant handle that version, and because I'm always on the go.  I also build on xbox version, but my game play time at home is limited.

Ahhh, that’s makes more sense lol. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2020 at 6:12 PM, RaidenZer0 said:

If you know of any other mobile game that has better building mechanics and more options and still challenging, I'm open to suggestions.

After you clarified, I said understood. But, I wouldn’t really look to the mobile platform for any serious construction gaming due to its severe limitations. If you want a challenge, though, try building a redstone computer/calculator in Minecraft mobile/pocket. 

Archived