Failed alpha hunt mission; scaling broken?

N601J

1 hour ago, Tician said:

Anyone an idea how to do the "Hop, skip and jump" mission int he bog on alpha? If we take smaller creatures they are in the way, if we take larger creatures - they are in the way. If we just go with 2 ridden Spinos we don't deal enough damage and the frog dies quite fast. We don't have a lot of big dinos, we started playing ARK with the new map, so we also don't have any TEK-items unlocked and of course no skiff~

We did it with Ferox's, the knockback is enought to hold the Incoming dinos away so they dont reach him and they are dealing a huge amount of damage. You need some good helmets tho, Ferox doesn't use a saddle, i also suggest to have a second one in cryo to switch in some stages if they are bleeding too havy.

Oh and for the Alpha mammoth hunt: Get 10 rexes with 80armor+, 20-25 HP and 800-900%damage, after the second spawn switch your rexes with a new Setup of 10 rexes (or even more) and you should be able to kill it. And use ofc. one Yuty all the time. If you dont have so many rexes, take a daedon with raid-kibble (Dodo-Kibble, around 1000-2000)  and you can kill it with only 10 rexes without switching your setup

Speaking from experience. If you fight the alpha spino without a mate boost or in the water your giga will rage in about 3 seconds flat even with a 350 saddle. That’s a 400melee hatch giga with double imprint and max level. To straighten one thing out as well, alpha hunt Dino’s take 5x reduced dmg. Someone said it’s over 6x. Either they suck at math or are mistaking they’re base dmg output. My tribe has yet to defeat the Alpha giga hunt. Gigas are essentially worthless in that fight. Even 4 ridden 570 melee hatch mate boosted gigas  with 350 saddles and a yuti got torn apart. Several op velos And tek skiff with mini guns is our next setup. We’ve killed the giga a few times but he’s with 3 rexs and they are equally insane. 

10 hours ago, Ibsmokin said:

Speaking from experience. If you fight the alpha spino without a mate boost or in the water your giga will rage in about 3 seconds flat even with a 350 saddle. That’s a 400melee hatch giga with double imprint and max level. To straighten one thing out as well, alpha hunt Dino’s take 5x reduced dmg. Someone said it’s over 6x. Either they suck at math or are mistaking they’re base dmg output. My tribe has yet to defeat the Alpha giga hunt. Gigas are essentially worthless in that fight. Even 4 ridden 570 melee hatch mate boosted gigas  with 350 saddles and a yuti got torn apart. Several op velos And tek skiff with mini guns is our next setup. We’ve killed the giga a few times but he’s with 3 rexs and they are equally insane. 

Honestly the best way to do it is to set up tek turrets at the final part on a certain path. The path we took was 74 tracks. We were able to build just outside the mission area and then you could lure the tek dinos to the turrets and it did all the work. We did it on official server with 9 tek turrets and all turrets were filled to the max. You just need enough people to do enough dps using tek rifles and meks and whatever else you can shoot at it for the first and second part of the mission and time is your worst enemy in this horrific mission.

On 4/28/2020 at 5:11 PM, Gopa said:

We did it with Ferox's, the knockback is enought to hold the Incoming dinos away

Tried it, but there is no knockback for the Ferox - or I don't know which attack should cause the knockback. Or it was patched, idk. Really would love to do the Hop, Skip and Jump mission on Alpha, it's never about our Dinos taking damage, but we can't keep wild dinos away from the little froggo.

On 5/6/2020 at 4:17 AM, Tician said:

Tried it, but there is no knockback for the Ferox - or I don't know which attack should cause the knockback. Or it was patched, idk. Really would love to do the Hop, Skip and Jump mission on Alpha, it's never about our Dinos taking damage, but we can't keep wild dinos away from the little froggo.

The knockback occurs when you hit the attack button while still moving forward. I will say it's not consistent for me and sometimes it bites instead but it does clear the dino's quite far when it works. 

I'm thinking Reaper tail swipe will work on this well once transfers open too but I think you need a finisher to clean them up like a Rex. Spino's bipedal attack does good knockback and damage too. Would probably work real well in frog protect.

• 4 weeks later...

Alpha spino This is an absolute joke iv killed every brute alpha apart from spino and giga  but i bought with me 30 rexs all with 1.6k melee and 100k+ health all mc asc saddles and a yuty i got to the last spino got it down to 1 or 2 hits and it killed all my rexs and then i died that is rediculous since iv done every alpha boss with less and worse rex stats and none or not many deaths this is on official btw before adding new content they really need to fix these missions its like they just don't care nothing's being done! Days or weeks of raising for an army to just die like that makes getting to alpha controller impossible 

We havn't done any Alpha-missions yet (beside the Races), we are stuck at Beta-Missions. We did the beta-mission to beat Raptors with 1 Yuti and 5 tamed Tek-Rex each with 30k HP and around 500% damage. It was easy.

The same spot has the mission to hunt a spider. We tried it twice on beta, same setup, 1 Yuti and 5 Tek Rexes, but couldn't even survive the second encounter, the spider takes very little damage and deals a lot. We started on Genesis, it's the only map we have, we can't bring any Gigas.

But I guess seeing as others bring 20+ creatures, all bred and imprinted we should try that too - but still, the difference between Raptor and Spider-hunt-missions is huge.

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2020 at 9:02 PM, MrHalloween said:

Skiff with mounted minigun turrets and a mounted tame in the grapple to get the tracks

Then when brute appears you melt with turret

Seen streamers complete that way, 

But yeah they are crazy, had the alpha raptor eat an extremely OP reaper with ease

You don't have the skiff before beating this mission unless you're cheating by having another person join ur tribe to build you a skiff. I also failed this mission on alpha. I didn't know it would enrage my gigas. I lost 4 gigas 9 Rexes and a yuty

On 4/28/2020 at 6:04 AM, Gopa said:

Don't worry guys!

Servers are open for transfer at Mai 15, just grab some 1200% damage gigas and those alpha hunt missions are easy to go. ^^

Alpha enrages the gigas 

Archived