lets be honest here, who is having fun with genesis ?

anguelwyvern

lets be honest here, who is having fun with genesis ?

i was super hyped for genesis ! really hyped, after hearign all the devs saying

"yeah we did put more work in this than extinction/abberation"

but even with my nearing 5K playtime, i find it hard to want to play genesis, i find it ... boring (all the bug/unbalance REALLY doesnt help !)

and i end up going back to extinction or abberation (mostly abb) am i the only 1 that find genesis to be a big disapointement ?

I have been having a blast. It's great looking. It has new dinos. It has new core game mechanics, why is everyone so pissed about there being a store? It's cool! I found it irritating at first that there were no flyers and no way to traverse biome to biome, but I found the teleportation with hlna to be fairly interesting so I considered that to balance it out, and after getting used to it I like it.

17 minutes ago, sjskdjkfa said:

I have been having a blast. It's great looking. It has new dinos. It has new core game mechanics, why is everyone so pissed about there being a store? It's cool! I found it irritating at first that there were no flyers and no way to traverse biome to biome, but I found the teleportation with hlna to be fairly interesting so I considered that to balance it out, and after getting used to it I like it.

I felt the same at first but as more and more issues pop up and as people are learning how to exploit the map, I find myself having a harder time enjoying the game.

I lost my main bloodstalker to blue screening yesterday in the snow biome and then last night the lunar biome was lagging so badly it's a miracle I didnt lose my back up bloodstalker. 

I consider myself lucky that I haven't run into any turret TP spawn traps yet (although I've been spawn killed by people and dinos many times), but I fear that as players advance the number of TP spawn turret towers will grow.

For me it's critical that TP spawn camping and the horrible server performance get addressed for me to continue playing genesis on a regular basis especially with warzone dropping next week.

Just now, St1ckyBandit said:

I felt the same at first but as more and more issues pop up and as people are learning how to exploit the map, I find myself having a harder time enjoying the game.

I lost my main bloodstalker to blue screening yesterday in the snow biome and then last night the lunar biome was lagging so badly it's a miracle I didnt lose my back up bloodstalker. 

I consider myself lucky that I haven't run into any turret TP spawn traps yet (although I've been spawn killed by people and dinos many times), but I fear that as players advance the number of TP spawn turret towers will grow.

For me it's critical that TP spawn camping and the horrible server performance get addressed for me to continue playing genesis on a regular basis especially with warzone dropping next week.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fully aware that it's still ark. Ark has always been terribly exploitable and buggy, and there's a lot of bad things you can say about it. I'm just sayin it was fresh enough for me to have fun.

3 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

why is everyone so pissed about there being a store? It's cool! I found it irritating at first that there were no flyers and no way to traverse biome to biome, but I found the teleportation with hlna to be fairly interesting so I considered that to balance it out, and after getting used to it I like it.

for multiple reason (lets get thsi out rn idc about not having flyers, me loving abb should say enough), but for exemple mission ? what is that ? i can understand ppl enjoy em, but if you a solo player can you do all the gauntlet fight solo ? gamma yeah for sure ! beta ? hmm maybe alpha yeah not gonna happen so your out and wont be able to do alpha boss cool

as a player who loved to do crate hunting on abb and extinction drops, i found the mission system just wrong, its a big no no to me ...

and rest is pretty much just a reskin, why would i need tame who lot of new anky karki rex n stuff when on others map i just have THE EXACT SAME DINO but far better ?

not talking about the "restricted area" thanks to mission ...

idk this map just doesnt hit it for me hopefully next one will be better ... but for me its a negativ

like righ tnow tamed our first astrocetus 140

exceptional kibble (light blue) unknown.png?width=832&height=468

another bug ?

we tryed with  mutton raw/cook (on different tame ofc) even tryed ambergris ... never know ...

and that kind of things is what really turn me off this map, everything is bugged, unbalanced,

the whole map feels rushed and definitly needed few month of polish

3 hours ago, anguelwyvern said:

for multiple reason (lets get thsi out rn idc about not having flyers, me loving abb should say enough), but for exemple mission ? what is that ? i can understand ppl enjoy em, but if you a solo player can you do all the gauntlet fight solo ? gamma yeah for sure ! beta ? hmm maybe alpha yeah not gonna happen so your out and wont be able to do alpha boss cool

as a player who loved to do crate hunting on abb and extinction drops, i found the mission system just wrong, its a big no no to me ...

and rest is pretty much just a reskin, why would i need tame who lot of new anky karki rex n stuff when on others map i just have THE EXACT SAME DINO but far better ?

not talking about the "restricted area" thanks to mission ...

idk this map just doesnt hit it for me hopefully next one will be better ... but for me its a negativ

another bug ?

we tryed with  mutton raw/cook (on different tame ofc) even tryed ambergris ... never know ...

and that kind of things is what really turn me off this map, everything is bugged, unbalanced,

the whole map feels rushed and definitly needed few month of polish

the creatures are not reskins, they have different stats and resistance. they are better and stronger.

i for one am having a blast, the missions have brought together the community on my friends server, even though its pvp we are more focused on the missions. i do admit there are a few things that annoy me, one is the races, creatures, trees rocks and more stuff makes it really hard. we now have people who run through on golems and clear the track before we race but it takes way too long. we done the bog beat down on the weekend and boi was it fun. gotta be my fav one so far.

i can understand ppl enjoy em, but if you a solo player can you do all the gauntlet fight solo ? gamma yeah for sure ! beta ? hmm maybe alpha yeah not gonna happen so your out and wont be able to do alpha boss cool

Ark is designed to be based on tribes so devs made it harder for solo players to complete.

Light blue is extraordinary not exceptional, u sure u used the correct one?

i can understand ppl enjoy em, but if you a solo player can you do all the gauntlet fight solo ? gamma yeah for sure ! beta ? hmm maybe alpha yeah not gonna happen so your out and wont be able to do alpha boss cool

Ark is designed to be based on tribes so devs made it harder for solo players to complete.

Light blue is extraordinary not exceptional, u sure u used the correct one?

57 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

This is correct, and unfortunate at the same time.

Ark was obviously always envisioned as a multiplayer game. However, perhaps by accident, it ended up being an amazing single player experience, too. It is a hard but deep game where you are always in control, with no cutscenes or narrative (but still plenty of lore in the form of notes or scenery). It's also insanely long. Those qualities are rare and highly valuable in the single player space, and in fact things like those are the reason why everyone seems to be making Souls clones nowadays in that space.

That being said, you can evaluate the class of a developer in the way they respond when a number of players start to enjoy their game in a way they didn't foresee. The very top, like the way the old Blizzard was, would carefully embrace the new possibilities, and extend them in future patches and extensions. However, the vast majority of developers will get angry at the prospect that their holy vision wasn't respected, considering the new ways as bugs, and actively prevent them from working by any means necessary. They work against the players (at least, against a fraction of the player base). It's their way, or the highway.

It's unfortunate that Ark must fall in the later camp. But then again, game design has never been the game's forte, so...

My server is getting ddos every night, which is why im here posting this instead of playing. Hooray awesome release.

Before that I went to the lunar cave to tame a ravi and had to abort because I was getting blasted by the invisible defenders. Why on earth haven't those things been taken out of the game world until they get fixed. Its a joke.

As I said before I was having a lot of fun the first few days but the issues keep piling up and up and up. After a while it just completely saps my will to play. Once warzone comes Tuesday I think I'll be taking a break in hopes that when I return some of the problems are fixed. Not holding my breath.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2020 at 6:43 PM, Kodking194 said:

the creatures are not reskins, they have different stats and resistance. they are better and stronger.

ALL of the X-Variants are just reskins with boosted stats that are NOT transferred when tamed. So an X-Variant will take longer to kill/knockout/tame but will give the same tamed stats as any random wild in a similar level category +- RNG factors. There are "new" dinos but most are in fact just reskins. X-Variants would have been nice if there was a purpose for taming them other than color. 

221B0B195C2E9D1359FB91F93264FB20B03DC3B7

bogs not all that bad, once you got some bug repellent, my little base is there in the bog, but I also have a small one in each of the other biomes, one in the ocean for collecting wood, thatch, and salt.   one in the snow for collecting obsidian and berries, one in the lava for getting oil. 

The tp bit is abit annoying though, as most the time I have to teleport twice to get where I want to go, once to the biome, then again to actually get to where i wanted to be the first teleport. this is something I wish they would fix.

Dispite the bugs, the glitches, lag, teleport deaths from dinos camping spawns, I've been enjoying it, but I think The majority of the tribe log consists of messages of my death lol.

Now i just need to get a little green house going on that big blocky looking thing, and i'll be able to start making kibble.

Have a ferox, bloodstalker, and a magmasaur (still raising) now i just need a turtle and a whale :D 

my magmasaur:
479FD5E17A4AB79D5150C0B6DECF33127BDC12E7

2 hours ago, kevbal98 said:

ALL of the X-Variants are just reskins with boosted stats that are NOT transferred when tamed. So an X-Variant will take longer to kill/knockout/tame but will give the same tamed stats as any random wild in a similar level category +- RNG factors. There are "new" dinos but most are in fact just reskins. X-Variants would have been nice if there was a purpose for taming them other than color. 

no, they have 4% less HP for 4% more melee overall (someone correct me if i am wrong) just like with aberrant creatures, they too had some kind of stats difference. 

10 hours ago, gojinki said:

Having less health and more damage being better is debatable.
Still not worth the hassle to tame them, rather tame tek variants when possible.

but that was my opinion, i was not speaking for everyone else. i dont mind the hassle of pumping tranqs with most of the X creatures. i think it give more od a challenge. what i think they should have done was have the X variants take less damage but still same amount of torpor

Archived