What's the current methods for gathering magmasaur eggs as a solo player?

MCJamZam

What's the current methods for gathering magmasaur eggs as a solo player?

So the main question is in the title.

Basically, I've done a few suicide runs and after X amount of attempts I managed to grab myself a few level 140+ magmasaur eggs, and I've started breeding them and got a level 155 with decent stats. This was enough to tank the magmasaur cave for the most part. But whenever I try to clear the area around the magmasaur nests, I noticed they just keep respawning almost instantly. As far as I can tell, there's literally no way to clear the area to grab eggs and harvest the element nodes there.

My current strategies are the following options...

1. Keep doing suicide runs (no fun, I hate this method)
  2. Brute force it by bringing an army of magmasaurs on follow to take care of any threats in the area (will be glitchy and several of them will probably die, alot of effort for 2-4 eggs that could be absolute trash. Still not guaranteed to beable to survive with an anky long enough to harvest element)

Outside of that... I don't really know what to do. I honestly hate the fact that you literally can't methodically clear the area, grab what you want, and then leave peacefully. It makes no sense that there's literally an UNLIMITED amount of magmasaurs down there. Has anyone found a foolproof way to get eggs, and preferrably to also harvest element shards around the magmasaur nests? I know the alpha tribe on my pve server are just taking 3+ people into the cave to do all this, but as a solo player, what are my options?

Just now, Fresiki said:

I went into the cave on a giga. In several places you can walk down to the lava. Then I used grappling hooks to get down to the eggs after clearing out wild magmasaurs with my giga and a shotgun. Once you get your first mid level egg, I imagine going in on the magmasaurs is the way to go. 

But how to you clear out the wild magmasaurs when they just keep respawning? That's my problem, I keep killing them and more will spawn literally next to me while I'm doing so. When I get too low on health I turn around to head out the way I came in only to realize the 2-3 magmasaurs at the entrance to the nest has respawned behind my back. I asked in my servers discord and the admin says this is normal, so I just have to deal with it... somehow.

Yeah okay, for me they didn't respawn next to me, but they did respawn after a while,but further away. I guess try to only clear the ones around the nest you are trying to reach. I don't have a mental map of the whole magma cave, but I remember there being a very large lava pool with tons of nests and magmasaurs, as well as a smaller pool that only had two nests. Iirc I couldn't walk down to the lava in that pool, but it also didn't have too many magmasaurs, so was easier to clear out. Then I just grappled down. 

If you bring sleeping bags and enough spare xbows/hooks on your dini you can possibly try to grapple down and just snatch an egg before they manage to topple you, then grapple back out fast. Just place down ten sleeping bags up above and keep respawning till you luck out and get one? Good armor and high health would help. 

2 hours ago, LE4SoDeadly said:

On official there is almost 200 magmas in the same nest impossible to get egg massively over spawning atm.

Yep, I feel like that's kind of what's happening on the unofficial server I play on but on a smaller scale. Like there's atleast 20 magmasaurs around the nest and constantly respawning when you try to kill them off.

Cactus Soup + Bug Repel + Parachute + Grapple = Easy eggs.

You take the top entrance near the big lava pool. You can use the Chute to glide past everything to the nests.
Then you just activate the TP on the nest and grab the Eggs last second takes about 5 seconds for the magmasaurs to agro on you after picking up the egg. 

With the Cactus Soup buff you can almost walk on their tails and they don't notice you. 

For personal character gear I only use Hide armor on Genesis map for general tasks like that no point in wasting more. I can normally do get multiple eggs each run if you time my Grapples well you grab one egg using it to bait them all to one side then lose agro and repeat or get friends to grab mulitple eggs. 

Archived