Sign in to follow this  
Damnlag

Any Swarm Defenses?

I'm built on a little island / mountain peak in bog with behemoth gates around the entire thing, they literally spawn in the base, up in the air and attack over and over. 

Found out the hard way that the swarm attacks, drop the food on magmars fast.

I'm not sure as of last patch.  I built an auto turret to kill swarms while my 4th attempt at Plant X was growing early on in Genesis.  It killed a couple sarco but ignored swarms.  I tore down the building around the Plant X when it was grown, swarms feasted on it in 10 minutes.  Lol

On March 7, 2020 at 6:16 PM, Damnlag said:

Any Swarm Defenses?

Anyone figure out any way to setup defenses against the swarms in bog other than have a select few dino's on neutral? 

Swarms eat the Species X plants and turrets do not shoot swarms.

You're best bet is to build yourself a flamethrower. Those take care of the pesky swarms right quick.

On 3/13/2020 at 3:33 PM, mleii said:

Does putting standing torches around the area help?  I don't have genesis so no idea.

Had placed numerous torches around the base. It did not help. Great idea though! Looks like nothing works except bug repellent.... better stock up 🤣

16 hours ago, Damnlag said:

Had placed numerous torches around the base. It did not help. Great idea though! Looks like nothing works except bug repellent.... better stock up 🤣

Bummer.  Thanks for testing it out.  Would have made sense if it did work but we're talking about sense here and Ark.  😂

Oh and ghilli if you can afford to make it may help.  At least for other insects it does help.

i live inside a big ass tree and built up to each opening ( so 4 tree holes that couldn't have gates ) and in said holes i place a high lv parasaur and set it to turret mode and aggressive so the bugs target the parasaurs first then they kill the bugs and this has worked bout 70% of the time if any get through then its time for the spino back hand 

For a while, I was using a Paracter with plat saddle, penguin weighed down on aggressive and a bred swarm of dimorphodons on attack my target following Paracer.

The bug swarm will attack the penguin and dimorphodons will quickly dispatch the swarm. Just need to keep a feeding trough in range.

With the peng on aggressive, they pretty much just take care of anything nearby as well.