Any Swarm Defenses?

On March 7, 2020 at 6:16 PM, Damnlag said:

Any Swarm Defenses?

Anyone figure out any way to setup defenses against the swarms in bog other than have a select few dino's on neutral? 

Swarms eat the Species X plants and turrets do not shoot swarms.

You're best bet is to build yourself a flamethrower. Those take care of the pesky swarms right quick.

16 hours ago, Damnlag said:

Had placed numerous torches around the base. It did not help. Great idea though! Looks like nothing works except bug repellent.... better stock up ?

Bummer.  Thanks for testing it out.  Would have made sense if it did work but we're talking about sense here and Ark.  ?

Oh and ghilli if you can afford to make it may help.  At least for other insects it does help.

• 1 month later...

i live inside a big ass tree and built up to each opening ( so 4 tree holes that couldn't have gates ) and in said holes i place a high lv parasaur and set it to turret mode and aggressive so the bugs target the parasaurs first then they kill the bugs and this has worked bout 70% of the time if any get through then its time for the spino back hand 

• 2 weeks later...

For a while, I was using a Paracter with plat saddle, penguin weighed down on aggressive and a bred swarm of dimorphodons on attack my target following Paracer.

The bug swarm will attack the penguin and dimorphodons will quickly dispatch the swarm. Just need to keep a feeding trough in range.

With the peng on aggressive, they pretty much just take care of anything nearby as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...