Allow grinding for non official servers

MR1Reaper7

Allow grinding for non official servers

May have already been talked about so sorry if so. I think it would be very helpful to have the option to allow grinding rewards on rented servers. Have several titanosaur saddles and other loot that ended up getting thrown on the ground cause I have no use for them or can't get resources from them and don't need to hoard anymore stuff. I'm sure I'm not the only one. So if there's a way to change that setting it would be much appreciated. 

4 hours ago, Delenca said:

There are many mods like this one to revert Grinding. Or AA has a way to grind.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2012658802&searchtext=grind

I play on an unmodded cluster. The admin won't start adding mods, but he might change a setting if it was an option. I imagine I'm sharing this boat with quite a few people. That's why people keep asking for settings for everything. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2020 at 6:57 PM, Delenca said:

The Grinding is just crazy OP. Like getting tens of thousands of materials from a single mission. 

Incorrect. The grinder maxes out resources at 100 even if the mats it's giving stack higher than 100. A saddle that takes 9000 metal to make would only give back 100 metal. It's impossible to get tens of thousands of materials from a single mission by grinding up the rewards unless you mod it otherwise. If the grinder can't even be used to gain small amounts of materials from genesis rewards why is it even in the game in the first place? specially if you consider the relatively huge buy in cost of the grinder to begin with.

I would love a server setting to change this as the grinder is sort of useless without it.

all they would need to do is add a config setting for the grinder itself, not really changing anything except adding a OR the if statement for the grinders check on non-grindables.  a simple little 'allowAllGriding' config statement and then add the little OR to the if statement check (If grindable OR (allowallGrinding == True)) so its doable, and really not something very complex.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived