Question about dino Breeding and server settings

ArkPrisoner

Question about dino Breeding and server settings

I am running a dedicated server with a couple friends. It doesn't seem like we can breed dino's to get over level 187.  I personally have reproduced the issue with both Zino's and Rex's.

We are playing "The Volcano" map
Max dino level is set to 120
Difficulty Offset is set to 0.5
We have tame levels going up to 132.
The server has been restarted many times

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Im not really sure what the problem is? Are you saying your breeding dinos together that are 187 and not getting any mutations? Are dinos over 187 disappearing? 

Just incase your not aware. Every dino you tame will have the amount of levels it has randomly split between all its stats. So in theory it shouldnt be too hard ,with your difficulty setting, to tame 6 dinos each with 40 points in each stat except movement speed. If you then breed them all together to get all the stats into one dino you should get a dino that is lvl 240. Obviously you wouldnt do this but it just shows how it works hopefully :/ 

I have several dino's that are level 187. But when breeding them I never get higher than 187.

I think I only started with 2-3 of each and just kept breeding the offspring over and over.  Up from maybe 167.  Is that the problem?  I need different blood in the breeding?  Maybe another dino will allow them to get higher level.  I know the zino's have quite the long heritage and well over twenty mutations.  I hadn't started with wild level 120s.

24 minutes ago, ArkPrisoner said:

I have several dino's that are level 187. But when breeding them I never get higher than 187.

I think I only started with 2-3 of each and just kept breeding the offspring over and over.  Up from maybe 167.  Is that the problem?  I need different blood in the breeding?  Maybe another dino will allow them to get higher level.  I know the zino's have quite the long heritage and well over twenty mutations.  I hadn't started with wild level 120s.

Yeh you should really watch a video on youtube or read up if you want really good dinos. 

the way i do it is i tame a load til i get high stats in what i want ( normally melee and health) then breed them all together til i have a male and female with exactly the same stats (be careful you can get 2 the same lvl with different stats) but zero mutations. 

name these 2 perfect or all stats or something like that. Then breed them till you get a baby with a mutation in a stat you want ( ull know because itll be 2 levels higher ) wait for it to grow up then breed it with the opposite gender perfect dino. Then ull be looking a baby with a mutation that is 4 lvls higher than the perfect dino. You can do this forever if you want i think but it takes a loooong time. Just make sure your always breeding the one with the mutations with one of the original perfect dinos. 

1 hour ago, ArkPrisoner said:

If both parents have more than 20 mutations you won't be able to get any new mutations.

2 hours ago, ArkPrisoner said:

Will they continue to occasionally gain levels?  Is there a max level the breeding can get them to?

Thanks again for the info.

As long as you make sure you always breed the mutated one with one of the original ‘all stat, zero mutations’ dinos you can get infinite levels BUT! The further you go the chances of a new mutation goes waaaay down. 

Think about it, The baby you want will need to have all previous mutations PLUS a new one AND in a stat you want. The more mutations you already have just makes it much more rare to get a new one! 

i find taming alot of wilds to find really good stats in the first place is a big help and much quicker, even if your breeding settings are super high. 

Archived