Resource caves being blocked... WC doesn't care!

PeachSwan

• Volunteer Moderator

Since we see almost every single post on the board, we are able to filter a lot of the information (bugs, server issues) to the support staff and community leaders who then can filter it to the devs as they see fit.

That doesn't mean the issues get tackled right away, but we do add a good deal of visibility to these items.

8 minutes ago, PertySlick said:

He's not wrong.  Just because you don't see mods helping out or doing something doesn't mean it's not happening.  I don't see them trolling.  I do however see them tell it like it is.  If you're sensitive and the truth hurts, then maybe it could be considered trolling.  But if that's the case, truth is the kind of trolling we should all be on board with.

Come on dude, it's not happening.  We all know it.   I just saw a guy make a post about him being trolled on the game and support told him to go pound sand.  Then a mod comes in and tells the guy it's his fault he is being trolled.   I already showed everyone the one mod was full of bs, I am sure I could do the same for the rest if I cared enough.  hell I have offered more information in the past week then all of the mods combined.  

10 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Since we see almost every single post on the board, we are able to filter a lot of the information (bugs, server issues) to the support staff and community leaders who then can filter it to the devs as they see fit.

That doesn't mean the issues get tackled right away, but we do add a good deal of visibility to these items.

Sure you do.   Why is it when hundreds of people including myself asked about the server issues you had nothing to say?  I think when I asked if they know about it or are working on it your super helpful answer was "couldn't tell you"   Why not?  Wouldn't you at least know if you had reported the issue?  Is your memory failing you or something?  What went wrong where you couldn't answer that simple question?  As far as you guys reporting things, you still have not explained how a very well reported issue slipped through the cracks leaving wildcard clueless about it.  how did that happen? Did all the mods forget to report that problem?  
https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/508380-sorry-wildcard-genesis-map-is-a-big-failure/&page=7

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, SLlCK said:

Why is it when hundreds of people including myself asked about the server issues you had nothing to say? 

I don't respond to most of the posts. I (we) do send the information to WC staff. My job isn't to report to the users here on the forum.

I think when I asked if they know about it or are working on it your super helpful answer was "couldn't tell you

I don't drive nor do I have access to their work flow. Unless they specifically tell me they are working on something, which they usually wouldn't, the answer will almost always be "I don't know". Because. I don't know.

Did all the mods forget to report that problem?  

They are already aware of those issues. Doesn't mean they give us mods any time frame they will be fixed.

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I don't respond to most of the posts. I (we) do send the information to WC staff. My job isn't to report to the users here on the forum.

I don't drive nor do I have access to their work flow. Unless they specifically tell me they are working on something, which they usually wouldn't, the answer will always be "I don't know".

They are already aware of those issues. Doesn't mean they give us mods any time frame they will be fixed.

I never asked you for a time frame. I asked you, and will ask you again.   How is it a well documented problem with hundreds of posts and threads dedicated to it went unnoticed by the dev team?  How did they not have a clue that issue existed if you guys are sending them reports?    Let me guess, you don't know, you guys did your part and it was out of your hands by then?   Seems like a good answer right?  Better than the truth anyhow right?    So, do you want to take a stab at answering that question?  Or did I steal your thunder?

Just now, SLlCK said:

I never asked you for a time frame. I asked you, and will ask you again.   How is it a well documented problem with hundreds of posts and threads dedicated to it went unnoticed by the dev team?  How did they not have a clue that issue existed if you guys are sending them reports?    Let me guess, you don't know, you guys did your part and it was out of your hands by then?   Seems like a good answer right?  Better than the truth anyhow right?    So, do you want to take a stab at answering that question?  Or did I steal your thunder?

You are excluding the possibilities of the developers missing, ignoring, or prioritizing an issue low in the queue?  I am pretty sure the volunteer moderators have nothing to do with the development process. Haha!

1 minute ago, PertySlick said:

You are excluding the possibilities of the developers missing, ignoring, or prioritizing an issue low in the queue?  I am pretty sure the volunteer moderators have nothing to do with the development process. Haha!

I know they don't.  but according to joewhatever, they have a community manager who's job it is to get this information to the devs.  Now typically that is a paid position, not a mod thing they simply give out to whoever spends a lot of time on forums.

As far as the devs prioritizing things, yeah, that sounds good in theory, but I don't think the prices in the hexagon store are as important as player dedicated servers still not working at all. do you?   But lets just say that's the case, the prioritizing thing, does that mean they have no idea of certain bugs even existing?   If you were to sit down and make a list, putting things at the top and saving less serious issues for later, wouldn't you at least have to see all of the reported issues?  How do you completely miss things that were supposedly reported to them?   

19 minutes ago, SLlCK said:

I know they don't.  but according to joewhatever, they have a community manager who's job it is to get this information to the devs.  Now typically that is a paid position, not a mod thing they simply give out to whoever spends a lot of time on forums.

As far as the devs prioritizing things, yeah, that sounds good in theory, but I don't think the prices in the hexagon store are as important as player dedicated servers still not working at all. do you?   But lets just say that's the case, the prioritizing thing, does that mean they have no idea of certain bugs even existing?   If you were to sit down and make a list, putting things at the top and saving less serious issues for later, wouldn't you at least have to see all of the reported issues?  How do you completely miss things that were supposedly reported to them?   

They have a community manager: Cedric.  He is usually on Twitter.  He used to come in here every once in a while but the last time I saw him he was assaulted and chased off.  I haven't seen him since.  Too many people on here that think they know better make so much noise that devs just stopped coming around.

In software development, you don't just prioritize issues based on what "SLICK" feels is most important to the game.  You have to weigh other considerations such as complexity of fix implementation, future potential risk of impact, man hours required, severity, or issue duration/history.  That being said: I don't know how Wildcard prioritizes (or if they even do) and I don't know how they handle reports funneled in from these boards.  But you shouldn't pretend to know that or what's best either.  The mods here certainly don't deserve your attacks.  If you have a problem with the game or how Wildcard handles it, take it to the people who are paid to be responsible for it.

5 minutes ago, PertySlick said:

They have a community manager: Cedric.  He is usually on Twitter.  He used to come in here every once in a while but the last time I saw him he was assaulted and chased off.  I haven't seen him since.  Too many people on here that think they know better make so much noise that devs just stopped coming around.

In software development, you don't just prioritize issues based on what "SLICK" feels is most important to the game.  You have to weigh other considerations such as complexity of fix implementation, future potential risk of impact, man hours required, severity, or issue duration/history.  That being said: I don't know how Wildcard prioritizes (or if they even do) and I don't know how they handle reports funneled in from these boards.  But you shouldn't pretend to know that or what's best either.  The mods here certainly don't deserve your attacks.  If you have a problem with the game or how Wildcard handles it, take it to the people who are paid to be responsible for it.

Well then I guess cedric should be replaced.  It is his job to take the reported issues from here to the devs.  Clearly that is not what is happening.  I mean that is the textbook definition of his job and he is not doing it.  If he were in fact doing it then the issues reported here would not go unnoticed by the devs.   The way every other gaming site works is, the community reports issues on the developers forums,  the mods compile a list of know issues and forward them to the community manager, the community manager reports issues to the developers, the developers report back to the community manager with info on what they are working on and answering the most popular questions, the community manager then reports back to the community with said information.    Now,  is that an accurate representation of what we see here?   

As far as what should take priority?  Anyone with 9 working brain cells can tell you having the game working enough so people can actually log on and use it ALWAYS takes priority over small tweaks like the hexagon prices in the store or the color of paint.  No point in fixing tiny little bugs when a good chunk of your player base can't even log on to see these fixes.

For the mod who said we are getting off topic, this is 100% on topic, all of it.  Right in the title of this thread is says  WC doesn't care!  This is just more examples backing that claim up. 

14 hours ago, SLlCK said:

Have you seen the job the mods here do?  Mostly all they do is troll people, I have yet to see them post or do anything the least bit helpful.   This site uses bottom of the barrel people already, I would hate to see what they would come up with for in game mods.

Ok, I tend to disagree on this matter. Most of the time I see them being helpfull tho and yes, once in a while they have their own unsalted opinion. Calling them the bottom of the barrel is not doing much good too ;)

Altho I still think RL GMs ingame is the way to go to be on top of the most "sickness" on servers, I also believe humanity has changed the last few years into a what uncertain teen wich has yet to discover his or her sexuality. Meaning players are not sure what to make of toxic enviroments, so they adapt into a selfprotective enviroment on servers. For the most they turn out good, some rotten apples don't and get freecard for being toxic due to this halfbaked enforcement. Why I think it's halfbaked I allready explained in more threads, I don't want history being repeated. Keep in mind, I only play PvE.

For that matter I'm surprised seeing players who help out newcomers loosing all their dinos due to a devwipe without one single headsup while other can carpetbomb Genesis with pillars are knock people into oblivion with new dinos. That's where the CoC misses the goal.

And that's where GMs should come in and do enforcement. Stating examples, make sure EVERYONE on the server sees what happens if you keep on screwing around; banned and loose all.

And that's something I've not seen. Except for one post for the enforcementteam. And with that post, you are not scaring people away, but you make them laugh.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:27 PM, Tanchyon said:

Really?? I was base wiped in PVE for building at the edge of a lake because "it's a pathway" when there was plenty of ways to go around.   I guess there's rules for some and others are "protected".

Guess your tribename is not [][][][] then. Otherwise you would be able to block crab spawn and get away with it.

Rules are very vague on purpose. How your case will get solved always depends on GM's mood. It will remain like this unless we get clear and concrete rules as mentioned by Fukushu.

I've visited 7 official Genesis servers, all have blocked resourcecaves and all are official. When asking on servers if someone put in tickets, i get massive replies they are deemed solved, but not one of the tribes has removed (or get removed by GMs) their gates and walls. Are these being removed by GMs anytime soon if tribes do not remove them?

I would like to have an official statement on this matter please.

48 minutes ago, captyarrr said:

I've visited 7 official Genesis servers, all have blocked resourcecaves and all are official. When asking on servers if someone put in tickets, i get massive replies they are deemed solved, but not one of the tribes has removed (or get removed by GMs) their gates and walls. Are these being removed by GMs anytime soon if tribes do not remove them?

You're not likely to get any "official" response here unfortunately.  You will have better luck going to Twitter and trying to get one of the devs to respond.  But even that is unlikely.

11 minutes ago, PertySlick said:

You're not likely to get any "official" response here unfortunately.  You will have better luck going to Twitter and trying to get one of the devs to respond.  But even that is unlikely.

I would like a moderator or someone higher in "paygrade" to answer, because this is too easy for them to let other players comment. No offense to you. 

So, someone willing to make an official statement on this or are you hiding behind walls all of the sudden?

1 hour ago, captyarrr said:

This is probably the only official statement you will see on the matter.eu.thumb.PNG.729ca70b4c107be8d1dc77383b50613a.PNG

Although, I wouldn't hold my breath.

52 minutes ago, captyarrr said:

I would like a moderator or someone higher in "paygrade" to answer, because this is too easy for them to let other players comment. No offense to you. 

So, someone willing to make an official statement on this or are you hiding behind walls all of the sudden?

No offense taken.  I'm just trying to help you understand this isn't the place to get any official statement.  You're demanding a response in a forum where your demand will probably never be seen by somebody that can "satisfy" your expectations.  The mods here are volunteers and have no insider information either.  Twitter is where you find more responses from devs than anything else I've seen recently.

1 hour ago, PertySlick said:

No offense taken.  I'm just trying to help you understand this isn't the place to get any official statement.  You're demanding a response in a forum where your demand will probably never be seen by somebody that can "satisfy" your expectations.  The mods here are volunteers and have no insider information either.  Twitter is where you find more responses from devs than anything else I've seen recently.

Sadly that's how it is,  but not as it should be.

Official forums is a perfect place for official statements.

4 hours ago, SLlCK said:

This is probably the only official statement you will see on the matter.eu.thumb.PNG.729ca70b4c107be8d1dc77383b50613a.PNG

Although, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yes I seen it. I was wondering if this goes for builds in "forbidden places". Since nobody form the Enforcement team is responding, my guess is that it will be like all other DLCs. Loads of people loose stuff/cant build or get killed on PvE official (legacy was exactly the same) and not a single rats bottom is done about it. Time to start returning favors I guess.

I play nice since the first day, helped loads of people and send in tickets. Time to turn that around.

Archived