Ark Genesis. Dissapointed

ArktheExplorer

Ark Genesis. Dissapointed

I'm a pve player, not one for shootups and player guided games - that's why when I first played ark before extinction came out I was in heaven. I could explore a world as if I awoke one day on a strange island. Building shelters crafting tools and taming animals that could perform certain tasks better than me. A complete explorer's paradise. I honestly thought, with the hype of genesis, that this was gonna take exploring to the next level, new tools to craft, new ways to build structures and new animals to understand and tame. And most of all a LARGER map with more new resources, wild creatures, cave systems and such, as well as a large ocean of a similar size with these tamable giant turtles to use as well as rafts, I even thought that with a bigger map and ocean we might have also got the opportunity to upgrade from rafts and build decked boats ? And maybe a new process of building up a tameable tame to perform tasks like collecting Berry's, oil, metal, rock, meat, etc, and placing them in certain containers when we instruct them to do so, like - if we had set them to wander we could set them to gather ?

Boy, was I wrong. I started in the bog biome, quickly started building, tamed couple of rapters and a Steg. Then on the back of steg with rapters following I went exploring. It was like a scooby do chase screen as in you pass steg, raptor, Diplo, para, parcel, .....steg,raptor, Diplo,para,parcel, .  And so on. I went into the other biomes, accept for the one in space. And yes the same results but animals relevent to the biome repeated and repeated.

It seems like the owners / creators of 'Ark evovled' have given up with the foundation of the game and gone over to the side of PvP shootups. By creating so called large multiple areaners (biomes) for PvP combat.

Isn't the ark about an alien civilisation that built these arks to study us ?

The original arks were small ( especially on a flyer ) and with extinction the disbanded alien arks were here. So genesis I thought was the aliens new improved arks to study us more, giving us more space and more tools, structures and wildlife to conquer, develop and understand..... . 

Perhaps 'Ark' as we know it, or, as we knew it, is no more.. R.I.P ?

Not really impressed by Genesis too and the limitations it imposes, but the story of Ark isn't even close to what you are saying. It's not about aliens. It's about the downfall of humanity through Element and a dying Earth, the efforts of survivors to "fix" the Arks and bring them back to Earth as seeds for a new beginning, it's about ascension and becoming Homo deus. All of this actually has nice parallels to my favorite TV shows: Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

48 minutes ago, Oieru said:

Not really impressed by Genesis too and the limitations it imposes, but the story of Ark isn't even close to what you are saying. It's not about aliens. It's about the downfall of humanity through Element and a dying Earth, the efforts of survivors to "fix" the Arks and bring them back to Earth as seeds for a new beginning, it's about ascension and becoming Homo deus. All of this actually has nice parallels to my favorite TV shows: Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

Sounds dull

I thinking of going back to my other server to continue on with my build and breeding. It’s to clunky a process to get stuff. I like planning and executing a plan. I hate not knowing what I’m teleporting into and the massive bubble makes me uneasy. I got bola before I properly logged in once. Also in typical DLC fashion the new Dino’s are so OP and broken. I know this was done intentionally 

Archived