Could Magmasaurs possibly get a lookover?

ramflax92

Suggestion

I love the design of the magmasaur but a few things stand out as issues that dont really make sense.

1. They only smelt as fast as a refining forge.

2. Their Aoe attack does about 4 damage, if it manages to hit anything.

3. They have the terrible fate of being able to breed but stuck at regular max dino level.

4. Most of their tamed growth stats are truly horrible.

5. Their best stats to level are health and weight, but they dont get much at all from either.

6. They have a taunt ability which is amazing to have, but there is no current reason for it. They dont have a good HP pool or natural armor to make good use of it.

I think a few changes can make them a real treat to tame and use.

1. Allow for their smelting to scale with tamed levels placed in food by the player. This would allow for magmas to start at refining forged speed but if you were to put all level ups(73) into food they will reach industrial forge speed. This will give multi use to magmasaurs, and allow the food stat to be put to real use.

2. With how it functions currently, i believe the Aoe searing spit would best be replaced. If  instead the magamasaur created a flame aura around its body , that applied a fire DOT to anyone who attacks it or is attacked by it. The flame aura, drains 10% of the searing spit gauge per second, the player can keep charging the gauge to keep the flames up but it puts a greater tax on the dinos food for being held longer than 10 seconds. I think the fire damage would be the same burn proc from the projectile.

3. With the above change (2.) it gives a real reason for the magmasaur to have the taunt ability, to now draw in attackers towards itself to then burn them. Because of this defensive retaliation type  way of fighting, their lower health pools now make more sense as it would be the trade off for valuable aoe damage. Though I believe an innate ~10% damage reduction for both wild and tamed would not go amiss in helping with their survivablity with the lower health. (They are made of rocks after all)

If the magmasaur took on these attributes it would make more sense with them being locked at the max level of the server yet still being able to breed. They would be dinos that offer a lot of utility and strength but keeping their weaknesses.

I believe these changes can help give the magmasaur a greater Identity and presence, while keeping its current self in mind

2 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, ramflax92 said:

I love the design of the magmasaur but a few things stand out as issues that dont really make sense.

1. They only smelt as fast as a refining forge.

2. Their Aoe attack does about 4 damage, if it manages to hit anything.

3. They have the terrible fate of being able to breed but stuck at regular max dino level.

4. Most of their tamed growth stats are truly horrible.

5. Their best stats to level are health and weight, but they dont get much at all from either.

6. They have a taunt ability which is amazing to have, but there is no current reason for it. They dont have a good HP pool or natural armor to make good use of it.

I think a few changes can make them a real treat to tame and use.

1. Allow for their smelting to scale with tamed levels placed in food by the player. This would allow for magmas to start at refining forged speed but if you were to put all level ups(73) into food they will reach industrial forge speed. This will give multi use to magmasaurs, and allow the food stat to be put to real use.

2. With how it functions currently, i believe the Aoe searing spit would best be replaced. If  instead the magamasaur created a flame aura around its body , that applied a fire DOT to anyone who attacks it or is attacked by it. The flame aura, drains 10% of the searing spit gauge per second, the player can keep charging the gauge to keep the flames up but it puts a greater tax on the dinos food for being held longer than 10 seconds. I think the fire damage would be the same burn proc from the projectile.

3. With the above change (2.) it gives a real reason for the magmasaur to have the taunt ability, to now draw in attackers towards itself to then burn them. Because of this defensive retaliation type  way of fighting, their lower health pools now make more sense as it would be the trade off for valuable aoe damage. Though I believe an innate ~10% damage reduction for both wild and tamed would not go amiss in helping with their survivablity with the lower health. (They are made of rocks after all)

If the magmasaur took on these attributes it would make more sense with them being locked at the max level of the server yet still being able to breed. They would be dinos that offer a lot of utility and strength but keeping their weaknesses.

I believe these changes can help give the magmasaur a greater Identity and presence, while keeping its current self in mind

in my honest opinion I don't think the magmasaur needs a change in abilities I like it as is but it can be set on fire takes no damage in water and it cant swim in lava  in the other maps also I tested the AOE it deals like 100 damage for me are you playing in single player? or official?

6 minutes ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

in my honest opinion I don't think the magmasaur needs a change in abilities I like it as is but it can be set on fire takes no damage in water and it cant swim in lava  in the other maps also I tested the AOE it deals like 100 damage for me are you playing in single player? or official?

just tested it the magmasaur not working properly.

Archived