Role Play Tips?

machodragon69

Your looking for others, or for a way to return to civilization. Therefore, try to remain mobile, but don't leave yourself defenseless. Small strong huts for the night in sheltered spots, Get a raft to explore, store your extra supplies, and find safe spots, choose pets that will fit on your raft that are fast or can defend you. A pteradon as soon as you can craft a saddle for long range quick safe exploring.

• Volunteer Moderator

The scene:  You are a millionare on a 3 hour cruise, with your wife, a movie star, a professor of science, a farm girl, and the captain and his mate.  A sudden storm strikes and you find yourself waking up on a strange island.  Nake and afraid.  Dinosaurs and other animals all around you.  You know you need to find your wife and others; it is your only chance.

And....actions.

:D

4 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

The scene:  You are a millionare on a 3 hour cruise, with your wife, a movie star, a professor of science, a farm girl, and the captain and his mate.  A sudden storm strikes and you find yourself waking up on a strange island.  Nake and afraid.  Dinosaurs and other animals all around you.  You know you need to find your wife and others; it is your only chance.

And....actions.

Sounds catchy, you should make a tv show about that!!!  :-) 

1 hour ago, Jerryn said:

And....actions.

How the heck did the farm girl and scientist end up on this cruise with the millionaire and the movie star? Did they win a raffle or something? :P

4 hours ago, Jerryn said:

And....actions.

cool idea

7 hours ago, rpicardi1 said:

Your looking for others, or for a way to return to civilization. Therefore, try to remain mobile, but don't leave yourself defenseless. Small strong huts for the night in sheltered spots, Get a raft to explore, store your extra supplies, and find safe spots, choose pets that will fit on your raft that are fast or can defend you. A pteradon as soon as you can craft a saddle for long range quick safe exploring.

sounds fun!

I agree with all the people suggesting that you avoid using flying mounts, and if you want a really fun challenge, do it with no mounts. Tame creatures to follow you around and provide defense/additional carry weight if you feel you need to, but play the entire game on foot. I find it to be much more of a challenge (and therefore, much more fun) to try and survive with just your wits and what you can carry on your back, without a big angry carnivore to protect you. Mounts are crazy useful for resource gathering and transportation, but at it's heart, ARK is a survival game - not a petting zoo simulator. Get out there and survive.

1 hour ago, NymeriaSaida said:

I agree with all the people suggesting that you avoid using flying mounts, and if you want a really fun challenge, do it with no mounts. Tame creatures to follow you around and provide defense/additional carry weight if you feel you need to, but play the entire game on foot. I find it to be much more of a challenge (and therefore, much more fun) to try and survive with just your wits and what you can carry on your back, without a big angry carnivore to protect you. Mounts are crazy useful for resource gathering and transportation, but at it's heart, ARK is a survival game - not a petting zoo simulator. Get out there and survive.

Now that would be a challenge. .

Imagine having to get ingots jeez haha

2 hours ago, NymeriaSaida said:

I was thinking about only using a wolf as a mount

5 hours ago, Justmakingareport said:

Dual wield sword & staff. Get a character voice going and talk to yourself as if talking to others.(its single player) So keeping that in mind lol

duude playing as a long lost survivor who has lost his marbles would be awesome, talking to myself and or an object, maybe my guy will be so bonkers he is litteraly looking for marbles, maybe hes forgotten his reasoning for survival now its to find his marbles, lol

9 minutes ago, machodragon69 said:

duude playing as a long lost survivor who has lost his marbles would be awesome, talking to myself and or an object, maybe my guy will be so bonkers he is litteraly looking for marbles, maybe hes forgotten his reasoning for survival now its to find his marbles, lol

Purely amazing comeback! This is the type of roleplay I do when ive no one to talk to for ages in my server since most my online/irl friends are usually on other games.

Archived