Why did the bloodstalker taming go back up?

lGravel

10 hours ago, lGravel said:

it went back up but nice click bate

The method of dying to the Bloodstalker once with empty inventory was actually the only way to do it with a small amount of Blood Packs when Genesis released. They then changed it to being super easy. And now apparently changed it back to the original again. Maybe this method also work again? Since they brought back how it was from the beginning. That was the reason I asked if they have tried this after the latest patch done to the Bloodstalker. Ill try this method again and get back to you when Im done. I hope it works, standing and draining a character of blood for 3 hours is a bit much in my opinion. :)

There definately has to be a trick to it that nobody is talking about.  I tamed a few today and some would tame super fast and others with the crappy normal rates.  I assume it ha something to do with letting it eat a wild/tamed dino before trying to tame it.

Letting it kill you definately dosnt work, but using tames might, gonna try it tonight

9 hours ago, Piffguru said:

even with the 3x we still had going on today it took 150 packs to tame a lvl 20 today...

8 hours ago, Cjblaired said:

a 135 i just tried taming on 1.3 multiplier just took 100 packs for 10%, so it wanted a thousand. I haven't dino wiped on my server since day 1. Could old bloodstalkers be on old taming rates?

16 hours ago, Allanballan said:

One of the players on my server tamed a 130 with 84 bloodpacks today. We have x2 on Taming.

wow, I really feel bad for console players :( tthat's way too many blood packs to tame one of those with how squishy even a 145 comes out to be.  Second one on pc on 1x only too 96 packs, another 145, then a 55 who took close to 60 at 1x.   

I think the worst things happening on pc right now with them are 1) taming counter can go up to 1000% before they are tamed, which is weird but I don't think it effects anything negatively, and them as well as Ferox randomly vanishing for no reason.

Just now, Cjblaired said:

Yea its private, I like to keep it close to official but not too long.

one would think it would be a setting somewhere with them... sense all the servers get the same updates (unofficial/official) …. the last patch for genesis for settings just says "Fixed implementation of newly added Genesis configuration settings"  but doesn't say what those settings are or where they are located.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2020 at 12:01 AM, Cjblaired said:

a 135 i just tried taming on 1.3 multiplier just took 100 packs for 10%, so it wanted a thousand. I haven't dino wiped on my server since day 1. Could old bloodstalkers be on old taming rates?

THIS IS THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR!!! DESTROYWILDDINOS FTW!!

I found 150 male and 130 female bloodstalkers... grinded 1150 bloodbags. Fed the 130 female 8 moschops to get 100% efficiency. Let her drain my blood to find that my 1150 blood bags wasn't enough!? After reading many posts saying 'fixed, only needs ~150 bags for lvl 150' i was dumb founded... it never crossed my mind that legacy stalkers weren't taking the new code change... but that was it!!!

I just did a 'destroywilddinos' command and walked away for 10 minutes. Came back to find sever was up to ~24k dinos and set off to find another high lvl. I found a 135 female and started work. I initiated the tame and immediately noticed the first few bags gave good %. I feed her 6 moshops, to get her to 100% efficiency, and then let her grab back on to me. Low and behold, she was tamed with less than 200 bags used!

Thanks for the idea @Cjblaired! It hadn't crossed my mind and maybe never would have... very grateful!

I'm playing with 'Max Difficulty' & 'Use Single Player Settings' equal to 'True'. Here are the custom values I've changed:

GameUserSettings.ini
XPMultiplier=3.000000
TamingSpeedMultiplier=3.000000
HarvestAmountMultiplier=3.000000

Game.ini
LayEggIntervalMultiplier=0.300000
MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.300000
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=3.000000
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=3.000000

Every other setting is unmodified.

Archived