TLC 3 announcement and what you want for it

Scribelord

I was being a physco killer today, attacking a parasaur for no good reason, and it ran into the water all bloddy, only to be killed by megalodon. I just thought, "What if being near bloody creatures actually buffed them?" Also, some dinos that are often not mentioned in these threads need TLCs. Of course megaloceros, mega, araneo, etc. but what about less popular ones?I also once saw someone (don't remember who or where) suggest a '"TLC" for the already TLCed argentavis, which was only "remove weight reductions." That's just a nerf! Anyway, back to the unrequested creatures that need TLCs. I'm going to do a list. Ready? Okay, three, two, one...

BAM!

Compies. They would be a great carnivore "equivalent" to a dodo, except they need prime meat, and by the time most players get prime meat, they already can handle dilos, which are pretty much all compies can defeat. Yes, they are a backpack, but other backpacks have more going for them; otters insulate, mesopithecus slow enemies, pegos and microraptors help with PvP combat, jerboas alert you about the weather, light pets keep nameless away and let you know when there's a max level. It would be nice if they could do the max level thing, or loudly alert you when something has aggroed on you.

Electrophorus. PLEASE! I can't think of one niche where they would be useful. Their dossier says they help "shock large aquatic creatures into submission." No one who plays ark would actually trust an unmounted creature to safely KO something. All they are is an unwater nuisance. Perhaps if they could do no real damage with their shock, but add torpor, maybe with an option to "shock only." Also, being a knockout tame would really help.

Pachy.  They are kind of lousy. All they do is act as a very weak fighter, not as good as a raptor, which can be tamed at a similar level. They help with knockout taming, but they still could use something. What if its bony skull cap slowly grew, and if it was manually banged on a rock, keratin could be collected? Keratin and chitin are hard to come by early on, so this could help get some. Kind of like a male deer shedding antlers (obviously this would be more appropriate for megaloceros, but by the time most players can tame them, chitin and keratin aren't too hard to get). 

Megalainia. Their climbing is game changing, but they are super weak, and are just not as good cavers as they should be. If a player can tame them, with their ridiculous torpor drop AND expensive kibble, they've earned a somewhat OP mount. Maybe just a buff.

But I still agree that spiders, bats, deer, megas, and all the popular one still need TLCs.

Edit: And boas! The new kibble system hit them HARD. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

I was being a physco killer today, attacking a parasaur for no good reason, and it ran into the water all bloddy, only to be killed by megalodon. I just thought, "What if being near bloody creatures actually buffed them?" Also, some dinos that are often not mentioned in these threads need TLCs. Of course megaloceros, mega, araneo, etc. but what about less popular ones?I also once saw someone (don't remember who or where) suggest a '"TLC" for the already TLCed argentavis, which was only "remove weight reductions." That's just a nerf! Anyway, back to the unrequested creatures that need TLCs. I'm going to do a list. Ready? Okay, three, two, one...

BAM!

Compies. They would be a great carnivore "equivalent" to a dodo, except they need prime meat, and by the time most players get prime meat, they already can handle dilos, which are pretty much all compies can defeat. Yes, they are a backpack, but other backpacks have more going for them; otters insulate, mesopithecus slow enemies, pegos and microraptors help with PvP combat, jerboas alert you about the weather, light pets keep nameless away and let you know when there's a max level. It would be nice if they could do the max level thing, or loudly alert you when something has aggroed on you.

Electrophorus. PLEASE! I can't think of one niche where they would be useful. Their dossier says they help "shock large aquatic creatures into submission." No one who plays ark would actually trust an unmounted creature to safely KO something. All they are is an unwater nuisance. Perhaps if they could do no real damage with their shock, but add torpor, maybe with an option to "shock only." Also, being a knockout tame would really help.

Pachy.  They are kind of lousy. All they do is act as a very weak fighter, not as good as a raptor, which can be tamed at a similar level. They help with knockout taming, but they still could use something. What if its bony skull cap slowly grew, and if it was manually banged on a rock, keratin could be collected? Keratin and chitin are hard to come by early on, so this could help get some. Kind of like a male deer shedding antlers (obviously this would be more appropriate for megaloceros, but by the time most players can tame them, chitin and keratin aren't too hard to get). 

Megalainia. Their climbing is game changing, but they are super weak, and are just not as good cavers as they should be. If a player can tame them, with their ridiculous torpor drop AND expensive kibble, they've earned a somewhat OP mount. Maybe just a buff.

But I still agree that spiders, bats, deer, megas, and all the popular one still need TLCs.

Edit: And boas! The new kibble system hit them HARD. 

Compies i could get behind, it's rare that I ever tame them. Even on PvP they seem pretty useless, though they technically do have their own little quip to them (you just need more of them to use it, but even then you'd need LITERALLY hundreds of them to make it worth it.) Didn't know about the max level thing about light pets, now i'm more inclined to get them. I'd give them a skill that allows their horde to mount foes and deal minor bleed damage that increases the more compies are gripped onto the target... that's just my rwo cents since the idea behind them is "numbers vs size"

Electro-knife fish is too new compared to the other TLC animals... I DOUBT it will get one ever.

For pachy, agreed. They are decent early game tames, and if it's strong enough it will keep the raptors and dilos off your back. maybe make it able to gather flint (and stone to a lesser extent) and give the headbutt the ability to bone break foes closer to it's size class (and can we also make it bigger? please?0

Like the "Not an Eel", Mega-lizard is too new compared to the older creatures. They ain't changing anytime soon.

Snakes were never useful even before the kibble re-work... so yeah they need a TLC real bad.

As for MY choices. I'm going to go for a bit of a different approach... my top 10 creatures in need of a TLC makeover.

10.  Areano

The spider, was never a good creature to tame... nor was it the most fun. Yeah their webs could slow down a creature to make it easier to knock out... but what's the point when you can grab a flyer and drop a wild animal into a taming pen? they can't even walk on walls, DESPITE BEING A F*CKING SPIDER! and when you do manage to tame one, good luck getting it out of the cave alive. What could a TLC do to benefit this creature? Well I have three ideas. All of them centered around the idea of this tame being a spider.

The first is to make it more like a traditional spider. Solitary and living in it's web waiting for some poor unfortunate animal to get trapped in it. It auto-aggro's on all insects smaller or similar in size to it in the wild, and will repel them when ridden as a tame. The New Areano can also produce webs to set up barricades from wall to wall, effectively rendering an area unreachable unless destroyed using either a sharp blade, or fire. In addition, you can harvest silk from a slain Areano or have a tamed one produce it for you. needless to say you can also get silk from harvesting it from the webs of wild spiders, they will instantly aggro you if you do though.

My second idea is to remodel the areano and base it off of a Trapdoor Spider

My thoughts for this one is  instead of making webs, they burrow underground. They cannot move while burrowed, but they can (as the name TRAP-door spider would suggest) spring out and pin foes in their place. when they have a creature of similar size to a survivor or smaller pinned down, they start to induce topor into them drastically. So long as it has you pinned the topor will not go down, instead once it's prey is is unconscious it will start attacking it. This could be used as a base defense, or (if you set it to not attack foes and only pin them) tame small creatures.

Third idea is to give the Areano a pack bonus, make it so taming more of them makes them stronger and make it so their webs can act as a bridge to any tamed Areano. They can also walk along zip-lines and vines. Give them hive mind mentality in which the only way you can tame them is either to tame the queen or kill her out right. perhaps also give them a skill that enables them to detect dangerous animals? like a "spider-Sense" (pardon the bad joke, bus seriously why the heck not?)

You could go with any of these but which ever you choose, give them wall crawling. Because it irritates me that the bloodsucker can "spider" more that the OG spider can. any of these ideas will make the areano a terrifying arthropod AND will make caves a bit more dangerous...

speaking of Arthropods...

9. Pulmonoscorpious

Be honest, When's the last time you tamed a scorpion since the kibble re-work? My guess is, not anywhere near as often. So why not make it good again and make the stinger it's own attack and the claws another? Make the latter deal significantly more topor damage than now and make the claws do none. Have the claws be able to work like scissors and be able to harvest fiber from plants, or maybe even cut zip lines? Give it wall crawling (because some scorpions could do that), and on  Aberration... make it so they are a glowing tame and produce charge and repel the nameless! It's a scorpion for crying out loud! Add more scorpion things to it!

8. Wooly Mammoth

By no means a "bad tame" on paper, but when the Zino came out it lost the shine it had as a wood harvester... And even before then it had to compete with Triceratops and Brontosaurus. And the model is just ugly, do I even need to mention the tusks? This is an elephant, so why not give it an ability to spray water at foes ant push them back? Heck this skill could also be used to put out fires! and because it's furry, why not also give the rider insulation from the cold? Maybe even use shears on it to gain large quantities of pelt? Or how about something that puts those god awful tusks to good use (seriously, if this thing DOSE get a remodel make it so it has just two and not four!)

7. Megapiranah

Although TECHNICALLY Tamable through the use of the fish basket... would you? They don't have a pack bonus (unless you mod), you can't level them, you can't even feed or breed them! so why not fix all of that with a TLC update! give them reduced weight when carrying meat and give them a HUGE schooling bonus. Also make it so we can breed an level them. They may be a nuisance, but when on YOUR side they can at least be bothering some other poor unfortunate soul. The old dossier even says that can be used as a guard, so giving it the buffs and bonuses it needs to succeed would be an excellent way to make players WANT to get these things.

6. Elasmosaurus

Yeah you are going to find I have a lot of gripes with water creatures in ARK, The Plesiosaur (or Elasmosaurus as Helena has documented it) isn't a "bad" tame per-say, but that model is in need of an upgrade. and it could also do with some behavioral overhauls. Like being aggressive to the player when the dossier says it's harmless, or maybe make it able to drag it's self on land like a sea-turtle? i know that's not accurate to how the animal behaved but since when did ark care about accuracy? have you seen the giga?  and of course, give it a preference to fish over other kinds of meat, as this was a picivore that use it's long neck to snatch fischfrom schools.

5. Mosasaurus

Like the Elasmosaurus, the mosa isn't a bad tame. It's the go-to warship tame for a reason. But the model is just hideous and could use a new paint job, not to mention it handles like crap. As for new skills, I say give it bonus damage to rafts and motor boats (make it able to damage the latter and metal structures). and how about a roar just to be vain? Over all the Mosa doesn't have too many jarring problems but it could still use a rework.

4. Icthyosaurus

Does anyone tame these? like ANYONE?  They really suck and they have trash health, and god awful damage. The only good thing it has going for it is it's fast and has a good chunk of stam, but it means nothing if you get one shot before you had a chance to know what hit you.  So don't only give it a new model, but an hp buff too. Make it able to gather silica perals (both normal and black) better than other sea tames. And since people like to call it a dolphin, make it able it jump out of the water really high! And how about a skill to locate objects/creatures underwater! Like a Dolphin does with sonar! all of this may make the Icthy more fun to use again (so long as it doesn't go back to attacking turtles again). Which brings me to....

3. Carbonemys

it's slow, which makes sense given that it's a turtle. and it absorbs a lot of damage too, again it's a turtle so I'd expect something like that from it. Thre fact it can hold a lot and isn't a bad swimmer are all nice and all... but it still uses an old model, and what difference does a high hp make if you are bad at inflicting damage? And if your foe is thousands of levels higher than you? I say give it a new model, give it reduced weight on most objects, and give it immunity to jellyfish stings (and topor overall) and make it a passive tame. Also make it so it can gather loads of biotoxin from jellies.

2. Megalodon

Yeah kinda have to agree with people when they say the shark is bad. it's smaller than I'd like it to be (which is weird because when I do tame these things they take up a good chunk of space until I put them in cryo storage.) So a size change and a new model could do them some justice... and how about that rage skill I mentioned earlier in another post? That could mean something, and to give it that "Shark" feel... maybe make it so it can detect nearby injured animals, and draw aggro to them if they are under a certain % of HP?

1. Giganotosaurus

Oh my GOD is this animal GARBAGE! Piss poor stamina, a rage that makes it more of a hindrance than an asset, and it even LOSES damage when you tame it! What?!?!? WHY? and the model is horrendous, not to mention it only has two color regions so the ugliness can be amplified if you get something like pink and white for coloration (thanks WC, you really know how to ruin wild tames -_-).  It's NEEDLESSLY big and handles worse than a semi-truck on a sheet of ice in a blizzard! Nerf it's size down in HALF at least, this sin't to make it smaller than the rex (which it was in the era of dinosaurs), it's to make it more managable. Make the rage something the player can control and NOT induced from taking damage! And do something with the roar, don't make it something that's just ascetic... Give it some added affects, I don't know what just... SOMETHING!  and needless to say, new model and color regions.

9 hours ago, TyranntX said:

Wooly Mammoth

By no means a "bad tame" on paper, but when the Zino came out it lost the shine it had as a wood harvester... And even before then it had to compete with Triceratops and Brontosaurus. And the model is just ugly, do I even need to mention the tusks? This is an elephant, so why not give it an ability to spray water at foes ant push them back? Heck this skill could also be used to put out fires! and because it's furry, why not also give the rider insulation from the cold? Maybe even use shears on it to gain large quantities of pelt? Or how about something that puts those god awful tusks to good use (seriously, if this thing DOSE get a remodel make it so it has just two and not four!)

I agree with all your points, but especially this one. The mammoth can compete with beavers, with better weight and strength, but the therizino blows it out of the water. A wood, fiber, berry, meat, and hide gather, who can also fight the bosses? No chance. Plus, the model is weird, the fur looks matted together together, there are four tusks, and they have the ugliest butthole. I agree that megalainia are pretty new, and their abilities and model are fine, they mostly need a damage buff, and not a full TLC. Electrophorus, though they may also be too new, DO need one. They have almost no practical value.

On 6/30/2020 at 3:22 PM, TR-8R said:

Need escape mechanic for Thyla and Raptor . When a Thyla grab you it is over , you barely have time to fight back unless you go full shotgun but let be real , very few people carry shotgun all the time , the same goes with Raptor and theirs bs pounce you on Stego.

This is about TLC's, not about the base mechanics of creatures that are too new for one or already got it.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Kyju said:

I think giga is great as is for now.

And i'm just now getting into water tames so i'm still learning what they have.

But what i can agree with rn is I really want to see the bugs get this overhaul.

Be able to breed, spiders at least walk on walls and zip line, mantis glide, and water bugs tamable

i think the giga could uses a new model and maybe a new attack,  or just a new model!

Im back with some MORE IDEAS!!!!!!!

After Replaying the game i have gained more ideas!
and here are a few more TLC ideas for some animals 

Beaver! (the Natural construction Worker!)

The beaver has a slightly new look, is able to gather more wood, over time it will turn wood into CP,  has a Hydration buff! And its unique Building tendencies!

• Construction mode: this mod is activated when you hope off the beaver and you go to its wheel and in green color words will say "construction Mode" then you ride it!
    This mode allow you to build Further and higher! Able to repair Buildings in a Larger range (a 8x8) and for less! And able to reinforce Buildings to get more HP on them so you can make Tek buildings EVEN stronger! however it will cost more and more over time when upgrading! and they can also Upgrade stuff like spikes, gates, walls, roofs etc!

Humans!

Humans have a new look but you can also uses the classic model! (many of these options are from Atlas) 

• you have a few new skin types (default, Young, Middle, Old, Damaged!) (damaged just makes you look like you were wrecked in you're time with scars and healed over skin)
  • More Sliders for stuff like Nose, eyes, ears, Belly, Wight, muscles, Hair (body hair) and Age!
  • Able to Keep Hair at a different length! or you can be Bailed! 
  • Hitboxes are Equal for Males and females!   
  • Rather then upgrading food or Water, when you upgrade them you get plus 100 or 50 for Each (rather choosing one or the other you upgrade one and you get the points in both)
  • A adrednail Ability can happen when you are Pinned down, stunned or Shocked and this will make you immune to getting Grabbed/stunned for 30 secondes BUT it ups food and water consumption! (has a cool down)  
    • If you Disconnect and you are on a Tame you stay on the tame but you're slumped over/sleeping! animals can still kill you but they also have to deal with you're dino!
    • Resting in a bed Helps recover HP (2x in a normal bed, 4xs on a bunk bed and 10xs on a Tek pod!)
    • Able to Eat in mid air and underwater (however eating underwater gives less food)  
    • You are Able to escape Wild dinos graspe (like Kapros, meglos and Squids) (not crabs though)

On 6/29/2020 at 6:44 AM, TyranntX said:

...but i recently got a Trading Card in my steam Inventory for the Ark Megalodon. Said something about "Mastering a state of fury, and being able to grow stronger the more damage it receives"... I don't know if this means anything, but maybe THIS could be one of the clue's we're looking for? 

Steam trading cards for Ark? Stop lying! ? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived