TLC 3 announcement and what you want for it

Scribelord

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Schneeti said:

Megalosaur: Shouldn't sleep in caves. Its useless in all maps except aberration. Since its small sized, it would be nice for cave pvp.

I can agree with this. In fact, change megalosauruses entirely to just being cave-dwelling dinos who don't need to sleep (otherwise give the sleeping function to ALL non-nocturnal dinos, and whoooo-ee, I can hear the rage on that already). Make them their strongest in dark settings, whether at night or in caves, and their weakest in lighter settings (sunlight, manmade light, light pets).

Or how about go the troodon route, and make them just normal during the day? They're not hyper-aggressive, they don't sleep, but they roam about (maybe keep the sleep function optional?) and at night, they're just absolute terrors.

I just want to see my sleeping landmines become useful other than on Aberration or at night ?

On 4/29/2020 at 6:01 AM, DarkEliteH2 said:

I was thinking of this, too, BUT...for certain flyers.

Slow flyers like argies and definitely quetzes would benefit. I might get some flak for this, but pteras would be opted out. They’re fast enough, though maybe they could get a stam depletion buff since their stam is ridiculously low as it is. And from what I remember back pre-flyer nerf, pteras could go so fast that they could out speed turrets. That’s scary.

But yeah. Add back flyer movement speed for CERTAIN flyers.

And aren’t alpha dinos already considered mini bosses? ?

Yeah just I'm thinking of actual minibosses and I also think alphas should harvest cause people sometimes use that as an advantage to kill them

10 minutes ago, Arkfan15 said:

Giga also needs updated.its just too big.it should be smaller and way more details the only thing that is detailed is it's massive head.

I personally like the giant size

Makes me think of the giga from dino crisis 2 plus it's not too bad compared to the mountain sized titanosaur but nobody really brings that up

2 minutes ago, Scribelord said:

I personally like the giant size

Makes me think of the giga from dino crisis 2 plus it's not too bad compared to the mountain sized titanosaur but nobody really brings that up

Well,it kinda does feel good being big but I'm talking about when you get off and take fall damage and yes the titanosaur needs updated too thanks for commenting and thanks for bringing up titanosaur??✌️

7 hours ago, Arkfan15 said:

Well,it kinda does feel good being big but I'm talking about when you get off and take fall damage and yes the titanosaur needs updated too thanks for commenting and thanks for bringing up titanosaur??✌️

I don't think a resize but what would be better is if instead of dismounting on it's back it automatically teleports you to the ground when dismounting

Unless that creature has a platform saddle equipped in which case we could just build a way down

On 4/30/2020 at 3:59 PM, Arkfan15 said:

Yeah just I'm thinking of actual minibosses and I also think alphas should harvest cause people sometimes use that as an advantage to kill them

Definitely people just kill something the drag the body to an alpha then kill it while it tries to eat the body. And alpha raptor should not be able to fit in cages.

After playing ARK for over about 5 years, TLC 3 needs to be big, bigger than the previous 2. Dino’s I believe that need to be included:

Mosasaurus: Needs a updated model as long as it stays accurate to the real thing, and maybe some new attacks

Carnotaurus: Needs updated model, and maybe a ramming ability similar to the triceratops

Liopleurodon: Needs updated model along with resizing (bigger model in other words) and the 30 minute tame time needs to go because that is just stupid, and the fact that it disappears/teleports or whatever is just insane. Just make it a permanent tame.

Megalodon: Needs a BIGGER updated model, with deadlier attacks, I mean come on, it is the largest shark to have ever existed.

Quetzalcoatlus: Needs updated model that is more accurate to the real thing: yeah, that’s about it for me on this one

Titanoboa: Needs Bigger updated model in which the player can ride it, seriously, some people can’t afford aberration to ride a gigantic snake!  It could also use some interesting attack animation if the rideable feature is added. 

Leedsichthys: This beast needs to be able to be tamed, ridden, and it needs a new model

Mammoth: The model is fine in my opinion, but the ability to suck up water and spray everywhere with trunk would be cool ?! I did hear that they had plans for that on mobile, but it would be amazing if it was going on Xbox and PS4!

Araneo: New Model entirely (way to creepy for me, I have arachnophobia), could use the ability to climb (can it already, I’m not sure)

Onyc: Bigger model that’s rideable, give it the ability to hang upside down while being ridden, that would be sick ?!

Ammonite: Resizing (I would like to ride this one and make this one fast!), and get rid of the effect that makes every single living thing around it go ballistic!

As far as TLC 3 is concerned, that is about it for me. Note that this is my opinion, some may agree, some may disagree.

Also, was this a bit much! LOL!

5 hours ago, Decendum said:

After playing ARK for over about 5 years, TLC 3 needs to be big, bigger than the previous 2. Dino’s I believe that need to be included:

Mosasaurus: Needs a updated model as long as it stays accurate to the real thing, and maybe some new attacks

Carnotaurus: Needs updated model, and maybe a ramming ability similar to the triceratops

Liopleurodon: Needs updated model along with resizing (bigger model in other words) and the 30 minute tame time needs to go because that is just stupid, and the fact that it disappears/teleports or whatever is just insane. Just make it a permanent tame.

Megalodon: Needs a BIGGER updated model, with deadlier attacks, I mean come on, it is the largest shark to have ever existed.

Quetzalcoatlus: Needs updated model that is more accurate to the real thing: yeah, that’s about it for me on this one

Titanoboa: Needs Bigger updated model in which the player can ride it, seriously, some people can’t afford aberration to ride a gigantic snake!  It could also use some interesting attack animation if the rideable feature is added. 

Leedsichthys: This beast needs to be able to be tamed, ridden, and it needs a new model

Mammoth: The model is fine in my opinion, but the ability to suck up water and spray everywhere with trunk would be cool ?! I did hear that they had plans for that on mobile, but it would be amazing if it was going on Xbox and PS4!

Araneo: New Model entirely (way to creepy for me, I have arachnophobia), could use the ability to climb (can it already, I’m not sure)

Onyc: Bigger model that’s rideable, give it the ability to hang upside down while being ridden, that would be sick ?!

Ammonite: Resizing (I would like to ride this one and make this one fast!), and get rid of the effect that makes every single living thing around it go ballistic!

As far as TLC 3 is concerned, that is about it for me. Note that this is my opinion, some may agree, some may disagree.

Also, was this a bit much! LOL!

The liopleuradon ( idk how to spell it) should give a 35% fishing buff because the loot from fishing is really garbage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the pelagornis could use a lot of work. Its currently extremely useless other than the fact that it can float on water. It would be super cool if it worked like a fishing pole(eats fish while floating and can get the good loot that a pole can) and if it could dive like a griffin thatd be cool too because its a giant seagull. Also it would be cool if you could pick up small creatures or people and hold them underwater until the drown or escape.

For a giga it would be nice to have a new model for it and a better roar, because currently the rexs roar sounds wayyyyyy more intimidating. Other than that it's already pretty op so it doesn't need any new attacks or anything although a weight reduction on meat would be cool also if it worked as a fridge for prime meat so it doesn't spoil so fast.

Mammoths need to be able to pick up small things like the karkinos

Brontos/paracers need new models

Doedicurus needs an updated hitbox like the anky 

• 2 weeks later...

I say give the rex the ability to drag flyers out of the air ( such as wyverns and quetzals ). Because when you're starting out on a server, you tame a rex and the nest morning some sausage on a lightning wyvern comes and kills it. Rex also should have a small size buff and damage buff, however less damage agianst bosses

• 2 weeks later...

The Rex already HAD  a TLC update, so.... nope (Also that's kind of why Official PvP is cancer, almost as much as the PvE officials)

Anyway, this edit may not be much... but i recently got a Trading Card in my steam Inventory for the Ark Megalodon. Said something about "Mastering a state of fury, and being able to grow stronger the more damage it receives"... I don't know if this means anything, but maybe THIS could be one of the clue's we're looking for? 

Archived