TLC 3 announcement and what you want for it

Scribelord

I agree with the TLC for the  megalodon completely, cause right now, they’re more annoying than intimidating. I want it made so that when I enter the ocean, I’m immediately terrified that something will come up from below and eat me. In other words, since it’s a massive shark, it should be made where it it’s aggro range gets further the more damaged and bloody you or your mount is. They should also kill basilisaurus as real megalodons were whale killers. (Taming a basilisasaurus just got a lot more scary). They should also be a lot rarer and location further down. The other big thing, size, I want it to rival the mosa both in size and damage. Then obviously the animations and model need updated. Just things that make me terrified when I see one coming out of the deep.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/31/2020 at 11:29 AM, DoughBoy93 said:

They dont care about the switch unfortunately for you that was just a quick cash grab :/

Why does a tlc have to be about dinos why not introduce new game modes into the game because it's so stale right now like 10 day old bread lol 

Ikr. They add all these new dinosaurs and stuff but they can't add new game play. Doesn't matter much to me tho cuz they never update the friggn switch :(

Insects+ crab need to breed lol

Honestly mammoth, carno, pelagornis, dilo, compy, plesio, griffin, liopluerdon, unicorn, kentro. There is so many.

Liopluerdon needs to be permanent with new model and breedable

Unicorn needs to be different from equus and needs color regions

Kentro could use a new model and possibly be able to ride.

Dilo could be bigger with ability to ride 

Griffin could breed? Maybe model makeover

Carno, mammoth and pelagornis are pretty self explanatory

Insects (e.g. spider, scorpion, mantis, arthro, moth) could breed with makeover or ( karkinos, basilisk, titanboa, onyc, achatina) could go the same way titanboa and onyc could be resized and ridable as well

Piranha, Eurypterid, Ammonite and Cnidaria could be tamable and a couple breedable with a new new makeover

There is so many

Underwater revamp:

Megalodon - Made rarer, twice the current size, better head/face appearance, wider damage range, alpha damage buff (actually trex of the sea) and a special ability like bleed or HP regen
Megs were supposed to be drawn by the dead carcasses and bloodied creatures but they are already abundant the moment one goes underwater - even ordinary sharks are never this abundant near shores.

Best if a different shark is given that better matches the Megalodon and rename the smaller ones as other smaller ancient sharks like the Ginsu shark/Cretoxyrhina

Jellyfish (Cnidaria) and Electric Eels (Electrophorus) - The only things that players are currently afraid of when it comes to the sea and this must change. They should only be able to shock players and small tames like dolphins (ichthy) but not the larger creatures.

I think it's high time the character models got an update, it's been there since day one and still looks like warmed over poop with few options beyond length of everything to differentiate from other characters, faces are uniform and ugly. While they are at it they can fix the armor glitches so I can read my map while wearing Ghillie armor.

Maybe give some love to the more unused, useless dinos?

Lymantria, Galli, peligornis, brontos (if anyone uses them anymore), megalania, mantis (at least give it a weight reduction), vulture (mostly just polish its model), terror bird, dimetrodon, manta, beelzebufo, araneo, turtle (update model), diplocaulus, diplodocus, megatherium (seriously, its feet bother me), pachy, scorpion, quetzal (update model), thorny dragon. And yes, most water creatures.

Just something to make them a little more appealing and not just annoyances in the wild :')

On 3/5/2020 at 6:00 PM, Scribelord said:

TLC 3 announcement and what you want for it

So they confirmed there's going to be a new TLC and I want to see what everyone would want, also don't add stuff like carno, plesiosaur and megaloceros since their already confirmed I feel like it would be beating a dead horse.

Personally for me I'm hoping they include the Megalodon because it badly needs a new model, a Resize, and new abilities like maybe a bleed to its attack and a blood scent attack where it can sense creatures who are bleeding. Plus if any creatures are considered for TLCs I bet the megalodons near the top of the list.

Edit: honestly pretty much almost every single creature that lives in a cave needs a TLC (Araneo needs new model and abilities, Onyc new model resize rideable and abilities, Titanoboa with resize and maybe new abilities, Arthropleura to make its face look not stupid and get rid of the stupid eyes and ridiculously tiny fangs and Megalania resize and maybe afew new abilities like weight reduction).

Also I want to point out one of my other discussions because I honestly feel like the Araneo is the most underrated creature for a TLC in ark and it needs one probably more than every other creature in my opinion and I recently came across a amazing fan art that recreated the araneo perfectly.

I'd like to see the pteranodon and the brontosaurus added. They are both pretty old and whacky they could need a new model and animation and maybe some new abilities.

On 4/20/2020 at 12:43 PM, DarkEliteH2 said:

Maybe give some love to the more unused, useless dinos?

Lymantria, Galli, peligornis, brontos (if anyone uses them anymore), megalania, mantis (at least give it a weight reduction), vulture (mostly just polish its model), terror bird, dimetrodon, manta, beelzebufo, araneo, turtle (update model), diplocaulus, diplodocus, megatherium (seriously, its feet bother me), pachy, scorpion, quetzal (update model), thorny dragon. And yes, most water creatures.

Just something to make them a little more appealing and not just annoyances in the wild :')

Honestly I feel the same way about the arthropleura 

Like why does its face look so incredibly stupid, like it's really well done until you get to the face with the weird stalk eyes and tiny stub fangs that wouldn't be able to pierce through anything realistically, this is what I think it should look like

2ERyciu.jpeg

1 hour ago, Scribelord said:

Honestly I feel the same way about the arthropleura 

Like why does its face look so incredibly stupid, like it's really well done until you get to the face with the weird stalk eyes and tiny stub fangs that wouldn't be able to pierce through anything realistically, this is what I think it should look like

2ERyciu.jpeg

I didn't think of the arthropleura 'cause it's already pretty useful when it comes to raiding. HOWEVER, you're not wrong~ It does look pretty damn stupid. Its eyes especially. Looks like they're popping out in a cartoony manner lol

Yes~ Give the arthropleura a bit of a model update. It deserves it with its newfound metal munching powers :')

I think the Gigantopithecus should get a TLC. They should be able to learn engrams and wear more than just helmets. I don’t want them to unlock a ton of engrams but they should be able to learn a few. If the engrams are above lvl 75 there should be like a recipe that increase that allows it to make stuff above lvl 75. I’m sort of thinking they have a chance of making better loot (ramshackle, apprentice, journeyman, mastercraft, and ascendant). Gigantopithecus should be able too upgrade crafting speed and the higher it is the better the loot. I don’t know why but I feel like they should be able to learn bps and when they do that you can only get one. I think Gigantopithecus are under looked nobody really uses them any more and they should get some other abilities.

Aberration changes for the element ore :

I wanna to see changes  on aberration for the element ore. i mean look at extinction you get 1 element after hitting 3 lamps (1000  element dust) or getting way more from element vains i wont even talk for genesis thats even easier.
On aberration you have to farm the ore and put in the stations with 100 other materials to get just 3 elements and then get a cooldown on the station. Its way outdated.

My suggestion:
1. Make a new tek stracture (tekgram) that will need to be powered from a tek generator and melts element ore alone or in a combinations with like one type of gem (red/blue) somewhat like the way you use to make gasoline.
2. Remove the batteries and gems from the blueprint to make elements on aberrations on the stations and increase the element amound you get after one element craft on the stations since you get a huge cooldown on the station plus its not a safe spot you need a higher reward out of that.
* you can farm just element dust anywhere and make the element on your base why it has to be that hard to make element on aberration makes no sense.

Map changes no build zones :

A nice additon on genesis was the mission zones. Not many people liked them but those people are probably hordeing servers and putting spam all over them which is retarded and makes the game unplable for everyone because of lag etc. 

My suggestion :
1. Restiction build area to all obelisks across island, i love it on ragnarok and its a nice idea that have been used nicely on genesis. 
2. Restiction build area to artifact caves. Everyone should be able to get in the caves and enjoy the content like get the artifacts and try to do bosses even on pvp servers. I met a poor guy on genesis and he told me he was playing the game 3years and never done a boss all those years. this is so sad to hear.

Forge :

Well i think this is something so many people would like to see happen. getting a new forge we are stuck with either using 20 simple forges or get an indutrial forge. i think its time for some new forges since the industrial is way big and expensive for starters and its not that fast for high end players.

My suggestion :
Make a new forge sitting between the industrial and the simaple forge that its not huge but it melts  metal faster that the simple one make it like 5 simple forges and dont make it that expensive and the make a new tek forge mby that works either witha tek generator or with element and its smaller than the industrial but way more efficient and fast (it could even be the same one i sugeest earlier for the element ore).

So there are my ideas. btw thanks for using my idea for the deinonychus back in the day that i made that post with dino suggestions that i wrote i wish you used more but its good to see one coming to life.
I have almost 5k hours in the game only pvp and ive been playing since when you were going under a supliy drop the drop could send you under the map and dinos used to fall under the map or even you XD , so i think i know what i am talking about plus i am playing with 4 friends all those years so its not like i am in a huge tribe and i have done all the bosses and stuff exept overseer and the vr boss.

Titanoboa needs update.Personally think we need a way to ride it.also wild card, can you make a setting to where there is an auto unlock engrams setting. I get very annoyed with not being able to get everything on the list.I know I can just turn creative on then off but me and my brother don't really like doing that.so please make an auto unlock setting.anyone else who agrees with this like it so wild card sees it.

Titanoboa needs update.Personally think we need a way to ride it.also wild card, can you make a setting to where there is an auto unlock engrams setting. I get very annoyed with not being able to get everything on the list.I know I can just turn creative on then off but me and my brother don't really like doing that.so please make an auto unlock setting.anyone else who agrees with this like it so wild card sees it.

On 4/21/2020 at 7:07 PM, DarkEliteH2 said:

I didn't think of the arthropleura 'cause it's already pretty useful when it comes to raiding. HOWEVER, you're not wrong~ It does look pretty damn stupid. Its eyes especially. Looks like they're popping out in a cartoony manner lol

Yes~ Give the arthropleura a bit of a model update. It deserves it with its newfound metal munching powers :')

I agree with this it also should be able to climb too

Another thing should be customizable dino levels and player levels and make a limit on that too.this would be very interesting to see. Customizable levels will make things more interesting and fun also make some minibosses that spawn randomly.another thing is more alphas if there were more alphas that would be perfect for crystal isles.more alphas mean more artifacts which means more searching which would make ark a whole ton more fun.and also there wouldn't have to be so many alpha creature mods.another thing that would be interesting would be npc tribes on single player.i really hope you guys add these cause that would make a lot more things to do

7 hours ago, Arkfan15 said:

Another thing should be customizable dino levels and player levels and make a limit on that too.this would be very interesting to see. Customizable levels will make things more interesting and fun also make some minibosses that spawn randomly.another thing is more alphas if there were more alphas that would be perfect for crystal isles.more alphas mean more artifacts which means more searching which would make ark a whole ton more fun.and also there wouldn't have to be so many alpha creature mods.another thing that would be interesting would be npc tribes on single player.i really hope you guys add these cause that would make a lot more things to do

I don’t that that would work out well with new players. For ex: a mini boss just spawns at a player spawn. But I do agree with the idea of mini bosses.

I would like to see a survivor/game TLC:

Inventory:

Right now you can only transfer one stack at a time or all the stacks at once, I would like to see an option to transfer X stacks to the remote/local inventory or drop X stacks of the filtered item.

Filtering/searching  by weapon damage/armor instead of only the name of the item.

Engrams:

Allow us to unlock engrams on all maps so we don’t have to transfer multiple times to learn engrams again. Especially element engrams are in a weird position, you can get dust on all maps from tek Dino’s but only learn the engram on extinction.

Survivor:

Allow us to make a “save profile” of our survivors so that a GM can restore that survivor when we lose it.

HUD:

The following options would be nice to have:

-show server save timer(like on transmitter/obelisk)

-extinction show when vein grows nearby, currently you can hear it, but deaf people have a disadvantage

-show Dino’s left on wave for extinction osd/vein

Gacha:

Show range for sadness similar to trough/tek gen range.

Open all crystals at once.

Edit1:

Fix bug with tek dedicated storage and artifacts, currently you can keep on withdrawing artifacts from the tek dedicated storage without them apearing in your inv if you already have one(like it should) but it wil remove 1 from the dedicated storage without dropping or anything(this should be fixed). Same bug also happens when dropping multiple of the same artifact and pressing F to pickup all.

Increase hide stack to 300 from 200 currently.

Procoptodon:

Make them carryable by more dinos again.

Fix the issues with babies in pouch getting either teleported or destroyed(missing) when unrendered.

Quetzal:

Make my honkbirds great again! MQGA!! Right now they are almost inferior to the Argentavis. Perhaps give Quetzals similar bonusses as the Argentavis, or some of the following:

-Make them fly faster

-Weight reduction like in the past(carried dino only 50%)

-Allow us to place structures on Quetzals that can't be placed on other platforms such as vaults or tek dedicated storage

Platform dinos/structures:

Allow us to place some more structures on certain "high end" platforms. From a PvP standpoint I understand this would be too strong, but maybe make it a server option like ?PveAdvancedPlatformStructures=true for PVE servers. For example the following:

-Tek generator

-Turrets

-Vaults

-Tek dedicated storage

-Tek sleeping pods(even without the tek gen it would be nice to place them on platforms due to their higher health compared to bunkbeds)

Tek replicator:

Allow us to withdraw resources from nearby dedicated storage boxes

From official pvp perspective. TLC and general balancing ideas:

Scorched Earth Dinos:

Lymantria: breedable, Poops Gas Grenades which knocks out players. Enemy Racers are soaking, you fly above them and poop in their face.

Thorny Dragon: Change/buff its range attack, More Damage, More Slow, Add a turret mode, Or change its mechanic completely since no one is using it.

Wyvern: Add a Tek Saddle. Should have some armor, doesnt need to shoot projectiles, Maybe a short range teleport like space whale, just faster.

Morellatops: Totally useless dinos in PvP. Make it heal swamp fever when you drink from it LULW

Island Dinos:

Scorbion/Pulmonoscorpius: Totally useless in PvP. Make 2 attacks: One that grabs smaller dinos and players (like the crab) and one stinger attack which adds alot of torpor.

Troodon: Shoulder Pet? Yes please. Who is using the "detect player / dino" thing at all? :D Just remove it.

Parasaur: Remove the Alert Message. Abused by bots. We have Tek Sensors now anyway (which don't work after server restart btw)

Megalosaur: Shouldn't sleep in caves. Its useless in all maps except aberration. Since its small sized, it would be nice for cave pvp.

Doedicurus: Allow us to turn this thing when its rolling??

Aberration Dinos:

Rock Drake: You still can light of sight everything. The head of the rock drake does not get hit by turrets, but you can shoot the turrets. 205iq

Extinction Dinos:

Snow Owl: Shouldn't be allowed to heal when out of food.

Gasbag: Too strong against Heavy Turrets. The player doesn't get shot at all + 90% natural damage reduction is just to high.

16 hours ago, Arkfan15 said:

Also please make flyable creatures speed to put points into it and make a certain speed limit on them.say you have a quetz it's base speed is 100 maxed out speed should be 250 or anything that you want just make there speed upgradable.I would really like to see that coming.im pretty sure others would too.

I was thinking of this, too, BUT...for certain flyers.

Slow flyers like argies and definitely quetzes would benefit. I might get some flak for this, but pteras would be opted out. They’re fast enough, though maybe they could get a stam depletion buff since their stam is ridiculously low as it is. And from what I remember back pre-flyer nerf, pteras could go so fast that they could out speed turrets. That’s scary.

But yeah. Add back flyer movement speed for CERTAIN flyers.

And aren’t alpha dinos already considered mini bosses? ?

Archived