TLC 3 announcement and what you want for it

Scribelord

58 minutes ago, Masurao said:

The ability for humans to actually walk instead of performing the Baywatch run at low speeds.

Yes. So much yes. It's annoying! It's weird! It sometimes makes it difficult not to fall! And walking is something that even dodos can do just fine, so clearly humans should be able to do that as well.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BREEDING TO ALL! :D I want all dinos to be breedable :D

Megaloceros
There are really no words for them letting the female model have holes in its head for this long. Come on!

Brontos
They really need to get those animations working! Not only do their legs look weird af, folding on themselves pretty much the whole time, but also the animation looks like they're taking mini steps all the time. 

Araneo
How can we have creatues that climb walls and spiders are not one of them?! They don't need to be fast as far as I'm concerned but they really should be able to! I would also love to see them getting a zipline ability (spiderman, anyone? :D )

Ichthyosaurus
Again - how can we have a creature that can jump out of the water and it's not the dolphin - the most iconic out-of-the-water-jumper of them all? xD

Mesopithecus
Make it cute, pleeeeeeeease? ?❤️ 
It's face is downright scary and it would be such a perfect candidate for a cute pet.

Plesio
Again a scary face ? I'd love to see it being able to strafe as suggested by @Erinn here. It has so many and so mobile fins it really feels like it should be able to strafe. Also - how can we have a platform saddle for a water dino and not be able to build air tight structures on it? ?

Mosasaurus
Same as above with the platform saddle.

Ankylosaurus
Autoharvest!

Carbonemys
Again - we have a creature that can retreat into its shell and it's not the turtle? ?

Megalodon
Sharks are said to be able to sniff out blood. Why not give them the same ability the wolves have of spotting enemies with less than half health? Maybe the megalodon is even better at it so enemies with less than 75% health? It's stuck in the water so it would have limited usability and wouldn't be too over powered. Also, I'd love a new model for it :)

Personally, I would love to see the water creatures get a TLC. Megs, plesiosaurs, mosasaurus, hell, even the sabertooth salmon could use a little tlc. Also I want to see the dire wolves get a better model. Sure, you could argue they look like dogs, but I definitely think they could look a lot better, especially facial wise. Idk, there's just something weird looking about them. Carnos, need love too, if they really wanted to they can make the carnos look pretty badass. The allosaurus looks good, the rexes, also the yuty looks great. I'd love carnos be able to contend with them in the looks department, and maybe some new abilities. A charge maybe and a roar. 

Carno, Plesiosaur, and Gallimimus would top my list for "needs improvements!"

Also, nerf the goddamn jellyfish.    Can't do east cave with anything but a basil because these can come out of the walls like a ghost and a level 5 Jellyfish can take down you and your level 400 Mosa.   

Giga could use a facelift but it's fine as is otherwise, still the best when it comes to meat/prime meat + hide collecting, we have a swamp near our base and it just fills all our troughs in a few minutes.

On 3/7/2020 at 5:27 PM, MayonnaisePlease said:

Just want to add, now I doubt it'll get reached but PLEASE fix the raptor pounce. I'm so tired of getting pounced off of things blatantly larger than raptors (..Rock drakes)

They did fix it my man! the only way wc know how to fix things! by removing the ability from wild raptors!

only tamed raptors can punce now

ok so i am gonna list some of the OG creatures that really deserve a  TLC. this is based off of my opinion and somewhat form the community's comments on this kind of stuff

1. megalodon: it needs to be the size of the mosa as in rl it was bigger that a mosa, allow it to swallow small creatures whole and gain a healing buff from i. a thrash ability that causes bleed would make it more deadly, sharks have the ability to sense blood form long distances, so it should get the same ability the wolf has where it can sniff out injuried creatures. also make them more badass looking.

2. pteranodon: this creatures is again one of the first OG creatures. i think it should have a group like behavior where when attacked and there are other pteranodons nearby they attack, however if there is only 1 they flee. also one thing that i really think pteranodons should do is pick up creatures and player is aggresive, when wild and in groups they would dive down and pick up their targets, while being carried they would attack them and then drop them from a height resulting in serious harm, or at least for players. they could also pick up players off of mounts and attack them. They also need to be bigger. real life pteradonods were bigger than a human by quite a bit, the ark ones are slightly bigger than a player. they also deserve a dive and the ability to dive into water. 

3. dilo: is a much deserved creature as it is pretty much useless, it needs to be bigger, at least the size of a player, it also needs some kind of torpor bite, when it bites something it inflicts a poisoned debuff resulting in drained health and stamina as well as disrupted vision like that of the spore mushrooms on abberation.

4. carno: the carno was once an actual useful tame as it was one of the top hunters, now they are just retarded rexes who shoved their arms in a blender (joke from dodo dex comments). they deserve a huge TLC, like a full remodel. make them more aggressive looking. it needs a ram that apon impact stuns certain creatures or causes broken bones. it should be slightly bigger and should not be attacked by agressive creatures smaller than it, it should also get a fear roar of sorts that scares smaller creatures.

5. mosa: this thing needs a reskin, this thing also needs to be immune to jelly fish. i think it should have an attack that allows it to grab onto creatures and players and thrash around, it should also have an ability that allows it to swallow some small creatures whole and heal from it. 

6. plesiosaur: this thing looks so retarded i literally just tame it for the memes. it should get some sort of barrel roll attack that does AOE and can stun creatures and players. it also need a major reskin

I'd love to see a good rework on managamrs, you shouldn't have a dino that can do everything and also 1shot anyone who freezes with that hell long ice ray.
Get one of his abilities away, it is either a travel mount or a war mount, but right now is a jack of all trades that's easy as f**ck to tame and so many dinos are getting left behind because of them, its a shame.

Also yeah please make the meophitecus cuter, they are awful xD

15 hours ago, theASCHE360 said:

They did fix it my man! the only way wc know how to fix things! by removing the ability from wild raptors!

only tamed raptors can punce now

Yeah... say that to the air pounce a raptor did while i was jumping with my Barry yesterday on Aberration... thing bugged in the air, the raptor grabbed the Barry instead. They never removed (or cared to fix all the bugs related with) the pounce. X-raptors simple don't pounce, the others still do.

20 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

2. pteranodon: this creatures is again one of the first OG creatures. i think it should have a group like behavior where when attacked and there are other pteranodons nearby they attack, however if there is only 1 they flee. also one thing that i really think pteranodons should do is pick up creatures and player is aggresive, when wild and in groups they would dive down and pick up their targets, while being carried they would attack them and then drop them from a height resulting in serious harm, or at least for players. they could also pick up players off of mounts and attack them. They also need to be bigger. real life pteradonods were bigger than a human by quite a bit, the ark ones are slightly bigger than a player. they also deserve a dive and the ability to dive into water. 

The trademark pterodactyl or Pteranodon actually wasn't that big at all by ark standards when compared to humans, with males being around 200lbs. Honestly, we wouldn't have been able to even ride them, though data dictates that they'd probably be vicious to smaller humans. The only Pterosaur in ark thats near appropriate scale would be the quetzalcoatlus; they'd pretty much kill you, as they even preyed upon baby rexes. I'm 'still' not even sure how they could even fathom flight given their size, but then again the oxygen content on the planet was a lot higher.

That and there's the fact that we have things like bees buzzing around and they are still somewhat of a mystery given how their tiny wings can just go into overdrive and defeat the forces of gravity for such a heavy, bulbous little body. So I suppose nature has a way of just simply saying: "Shut up, I'lldowhatIwant!"

Ark-wise, the pteranodon suddenly scooping you up and dropping you as though you were on yet another troll-worthy PvP server would be more fitting as well, considering the realistic trailer thats on youtube. It would bring a greater aspect of fear to the game, but considering the other things that want to troll you such as the pego and seagull(itcthyornis), I'm pretty sure one of them would have to go. Too much terror on the beach at that point.

here is the second part of my TLC list

mammoth: these things need a platform saddle and a better model

bronto: this thing needs a major reskin aswell as some sort of attack, maybe a stomp that cripples targets or stuns then, also it should not get attacked by some creatures like allos

diplodocus: this thing is in dire need of a reskin, it also needs to have the ability to do damage, the real diplodocus was a strong fighter with its whip like attack. it needs a whip attack that stuns and does massive knockback, alos they lived in herds so it should spawn in groups and possibly have some sort of herding buff

frog: it needs to be slightly bigger and a better hit box, it cant hit any flying creatures which makes it prone to bug, which mind you are what it is supposed to eat. also give it an attack where it can drag creatures towards it and torpor them.

spider: i dont know how many times i have said this but it really needs a TLC: make it bigger and a better model. give it the ability to shoot a silk grapple hook, shoot a silk zipline that enemies get stuck on if trying to use it, can climb walls and ceilings, inflicts a poisoned ability or rabies (something like that), and one new ability i think that would cool is the ability to deploy web traps. you can use the cross hairs to shoot one anchor point, then another until you have a enough to support the trap, it slows down or possibly stops creatures and the spider can climb on them and suck the blood from the victims allowing it to heal. i can exactly explain how the web trap would work but you guys know what i mean. 

onyc: needs to be slightly bigger and have a better design, it should  be allowed to cling to walls and ceilings by haning upside down, the saddle has a pasanger seat where someone sits in a harness on the belly of the bat. can latch to large creatures and drian there blood healing the bat, it needs a sonar like ability to detect creatures and set a sort of pin point marker, it can allow riders to see in the dark. however during the day it is very weak and slow.

scorpion: needs to be bigger and possibly cooler looking model, it needs to have the ability to grab creatures in its claws and possibly rip small creatures apart. while holding these creatures it can also repeatedly sting the held victim inflicting torpor, they also need to be breedable.

one thing i think needs to be added is the ability to struggle and escape form trapping creatures like fliers, kapros and megalosaurus. since it is possible to do with bloodstalker i think it should be applied to to other creatures.

47 minutes ago, Masurao said:

The trademark pterodactyl or Pteranodon actually wasn't that big at all by ark standards when compared to humans, with males being around 200lbs. Honestly, we wouldn't have been able to even ride them, though data dictates that they'd probably be vicious to smaller humans. The only Pterosaur in ark thats near appropriate scale would be the quetzalcoatlus; they'd pretty much kill you, as they even preyed upon baby rexes. I'm 'still' not even sure how they could even fathom flight given their size, but then again the oxygen content on the planet was a lot higher.

That and there's the fact that we have things like bees buzzing around and they are still somewhat of a mystery given how their tiny wings can just go into overdrive and defeat the forces of gravity for such a heavy, bulbous little body. So I suppose nature has a way of just simply saying: "Shut up, I'lldowhatIwant!"

Ark-wise, the pteranodon suddenly scooping you up and dropping you as though you were on yet another troll-worthy PvP server would be more fitting as well, considering the realistic trailer thats on youtube. It would bring a greater aspect of fear to the game, but considering the other things that want to troll you such as the pego and seagull(itcthyornis), I'm pretty sure one of them would have to go. Too much terror on the beach at that point.

i get your point, but i have always wanted ptera to be somewhat aggressive or neutral, as well as being able to grab creatures and beings. if i recall the icthy can swoop down and pick up small creatures including your tames, i have had many small tames die to them but never find their bodies including bag. so i assume they pick them up and fly off. anyway they would only attack you if there were multiple pteras, if alone they would flee. however adding a mechanic like that of the hyenas where depending one if you have tames nearby or other player they may not attack you.

For TLC Pass 3, some of the potential creatures that comes in mind such as :

Bronto:
New model is more than needed. At bare minimum, their health and weight needs to be drastically improved to be on par with other creatures that can carry more. (Basilisks, gasbags, quetzs, etc.) Adding an AOE stomping ability would be great. 10-15 secs stun + mild damage.

Carno:
Still a good cave dweller, but just about useless nowadays for anything else. A weaker charge ability like the rhino with a touch of bleed effect would be nasty. FFS, no rubber forearms!

Megalodon:
Looks like a shark but the real thing was easily twice the size of what we got in game. Megalodons were the apex predators of the ocean during their era, period. That being said, I'd love to see a bitting ability like the megalosaurus where you can hold on to something and shake its head until limbs of the victim detach. Alternatively, a way to jump out of the water from below like actual great whites would be insane.

Pulmonoscorpius:
Model still looks great but the hitbox NEEDS to be fixed. Getting stuck in scorps has been a thing since day 1 of EA and it's never been adressed. Their stinger attack should be as potent as basilisk bite. If they grow in size, their pincers could use the same grabing logic as the ptera for small creatures.

Araneo:
The model never looked good in my opinion. It needs to look like an actual spider and be able to climb walls + ceillings at bare minimum. Its webbing ability could be changed into an alternative version of Y-Plant traps.

Mammoth:
Also a creature in dire need of a remodel. I'm ok with their current stats as they are as well as their utility for wood/berries. I would however add an insulation value while being ridden, like the basilo, considering the amount of fur on these things. Please, no more yellow spot in the b-hole location... FFS, no more barbed tusks, see pictures of actual mammoth skeletons for something decent.

Hopefully the Wyvern. Even if they just add a saddle for it. I'm so sick and tired of the PvP meta being "Giga chomp mana zoom" Giving them saddles and possibly updating some abilities would breathe so much life into this game.

I see a lot of people asking for things like the carno and the megalodon, which I guess would make the game better for PvE in some sense, but it would literally, like the other TLCs for the most part, do literally nothing for the PvP community. Hopefully they'll take us into account

1 hour ago, Frost027 said:

Hopefully the Wyvern. Even if they just add a saddle for it. I'm so sick and tired of the PvP meta being "Giga chomp mana zoom" Giving them saddles and possibly updating some abilities would breathe so much life into this game.

I see a lot of people asking for things like the carno and the megalodon, which I guess would make the game better for PvE in some sense, but it would literally, like the other TLCs for the most part, do literally nothing for the PvP community. Hopefully they'll take us into account

lot of my posts were helpful to both pvp and pve. especially spider

2 hours ago, Frost027 said:

First, they stated in the past that only the oldest creatures would likely receive TLCs, which exclude SE and any DLC creatures. Though I agreee with you the mana meta is cancerous right now and makes it unplayable on most servers.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't want wyverns to get any boost. They were stupidly OP at SE launch and it took WC months to fix their breath destroying cables through walls... They are in a good spot imho.

As a hardcore PvP player myself, I'll disagree about TLCs being aimed at PvE players only. Procoptodon, argentavis are among the best tames to have in the current meta, just to name these 2.

9 hours ago, Darkholis said:

First, they stated in the past that only the oldest creatures would likely receive TLCs, which exclude SE and any DLC creatures. Though I agreee with you the mana meta is cancerous right now and makes it unplayable on most servers.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't want wyverns to get any boost. They were stupidly OP at SE launch and it took WC months to fix their breath destroying cables through walls... They are in a good spot imho.

As a hardcore PvP player myself, I'll disagree about TLCs being aimed at PvE players only. Procoptodon, argentavis are among the best tames to have in the current meta, just to name these 2.

First, Scorched Earth came out 4 years ago, and basically nothing has been done to the Wyvern for all that time.

Second, compared to other creatures, to some people Wyverns can be underwhelming. Very. People prefer to ride around on Snow Owls to fight manas with plant Z because manas SHRED Wyverns. Nearly NO ONE uses them because of this one thing. That and some people think; Why use a wyvern when I can use a 16k hp Snow Owl with a 90 armor saddle? They're one of the coolest tames in the game, and yet barely anyone uses them.

And no, the Procoptodon and Argen are not the "best tames" to have in the current meta. The only thing you use an Argen for is farming, and picking someone out of a mek. The Procop offers nothing to PvP other than very early game

Archived