TLC 3 announcement and what you want for it

Scribelord

TLC 3 announcement and what you want for it

So they confirmed there's going to be a new TLC and I want to see what everyone would want, also don't add stuff like carno, plesiosaur and megaloceros since their already confirmed I feel like it would be beating a dead horse.

Personally for me I'm hoping they include the Megalodon because it badly needs a new model, a Resize, and new abilities like maybe a bleed to its attack and a blood scent attack where it can sense creatures who are bleeding. Plus if any creatures are considered for TLCs I bet the megalodons near the top of the list.

Edit: honestly pretty much almost every single creature that lives in a cave needs a TLC (Araneo needs new model and abilities, Onyc new model resize rideable and abilities, Titanoboa with resize and maybe new abilities, Arthropleura to make its face look not stupid and get rid of the stupid eyes and ridiculously tiny fangs and Megalania resize and maybe afew new abilities like weight reduction).

Also I want to point out one of my other discussions because I honestly feel like the Araneo is the most underrated creature for a TLC in ark and it needs one probably more than every other creature in my opinion and I recently came across a amazing fan art that recreated the araneo perfectly.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Source here. Bear in mind this was back during the first TLC 2 years ago so its more than likely out of date now and plans change.

"That pretty much covers it for Phase 1 of the TLC-pass, let us know what you think, whether we're missing anything glaringly obvious! We're also planning (not definite!) on carrying out more visual changes to the following creatures: Spino, Sarco, Carno, Raptor, Female Megaloceros, Plesio, and Argie. Let us know what you'd like to see improved with those, as well as any other creatures you think may need some love that we're overlooking."

I would love to see the water creatures get a TLC pass. Remodels at the very least for the ichy, megalodon, plesi and mosa. Additional abilitys would be great too. It would be nice to see the higher teir water creatures like the mosa and plesi get a resistance to jellyfish and eels. My biggest ask for the water creatures would be to completly redo the leiplordodon. Make it a permanent tame, give it a saddle, remove its magical abilities and give it a semi decent ability. Make it fall on the scale between ichy/megalodon and plesi/mosa.

The other thing that springs to mind is a slight tlc pass on the flyers. Give other flyers that suit it, the dive agility. Its just silly flying around on an argy that cant dive, yet the snow owl can for example. 

6 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I would love to see the water creatures get a TLC pass. Remodels at the very least for the ichy, megalodon, plesi and mosa. Additional abilitys would be great too. It would be nice to see the higher teir water creatures like the mosa and plesi get a resistance to jellyfish and eels. My biggest ask for the water creatures would be to completly redo the leiplordodon. Make it a permanent tame, give it a saddle, remove its magical abilities and give it a semi decent ability. Make it fall on the scale between ichy/megalodon and plesi/mosa.

The other thing that springs to mind is a slight tlc pass on the flyers. Give other flyers that suit it, the dive agility. Its just silly flying around on an argy that cant dive, yet the snow owl can for example. 

Completely agree on all of those 

I always did think the mosas face looked outdated 

7 minutes ago, Elgar said:

Thank you. That's what I thought, no confirmation of the concerned dinos since the announcement of TLC3 yesterday. So as you said yourself we can't be sure if plans from 2 years ago are still valid.

You say that but every creature from within the TLC list has been added so don't act like they aren't going to be.

18 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Source here. Bear in mind this was back during the first TLC 2 years ago so its more than likely out of date now and plans change.

"That pretty much covers it for Phase 1 of the TLC-pass, let us know what you think, whether we're missing anything glaringly obvious! We're also planning (not definite!) on carrying out more visual changes to the following creatures: Spino, Sarco, Carno, Raptor, Female Megaloceros, Plesio, and Argie. Let us know what you'd like to see improved with those, as well as any other creatures you think may need some love that we're overlooking."

And yet all those creatures were in fact added.

Don't act like they aren't going to get added because we all know they are.

1 minute ago, Scribelord said:

And yet all those creatures were in fact added.

Don't act like they aren't going to get added because we all know they are.

We are obviously talking about the confirmation of the megaloceros, carno and plesi specifically here, which did not get a TLC pass.  Of course the others got added.

Personally I think those three have a high liklihood of being passed over but to suggest its a certain on the basis of a statement 2 years ago is juat silly. 

5 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

We are obviously talking about the confirmation of the megaloceros, carno and plesi specifically here, which did not get a TLC pass.  Of course the others got added.

Personally I think those three have a high liklihood of being passed over but to suggest its a certain on the basis of a statement 2 years ago is juat silly. 

I suppose and yea

Personally I think carno needs new abilities and passive abilities and a brand new model.

Plesiosaur definitely needs a new model with in specific its face and it could use some brand new skills.

And the female Megaloceros is probably going to get new abilities and I imagine the male will get a new model if the female does also.

The only thing I hope to see is a fix for Tuso hitbox. Mantas and other small dinos always get stuck in their head and there is no way to attack them or break free if you get swarmed.

Either fix the head, or make the tentacle attack AOE around the head. Similar to how the giga bite can kill things behind it.  

Also make Tuso Eggs drop outside of the body. 

Before any creature gets even a 1% stat change, we need changes for the Liopleurodon. It is without a doubt the most useless and awful mount in the entire game. 

Next, the Giga. It's such an antiquated piece of Ark's game design. The Rex and Spino both got upgrades, now the Giga needs an upgrade/rework.

The Pelagornis. This things model is complete garbage. I've never seen worse work by the devs. The creature itself also isn't all that good either. 

Brontos. They look so mechanical as they walk, yet the Diplo and Titanosaur are fluent and lively. A model upgrade would be nice, but just a boost to animation quality would go a long way. 

Mammoths are also in need of some TLC. Their fur texture needs a do-over, and I think two smooth but long tusks would look a lot nicer on them than the bramble bush that is on their face. 

Aside from that, creatures added before Scorched Earth often have models that take me out of the game. I look at the face of a Carbonemys or skin of a Carno and immediately notice how dated they are compared to newer models like the Allo or Rex. Even if they don't get new abilites, creatures like that deserve to look a little better. 

First of all, I'm on pve and don't see a lot of current flaws probably.

Most of dinos I use are already good and those I don't, would require too much changes to become a proper utility creature. Can't imagine them changing spider in any way that would make everyone go and tame them. Same with scorpions - you don't even need it for eggs after kibble rework.

Though there are couple tweaks I would like. Not even rework, just fixing and making it less inconvenient.

Frog: at least should be able to attack midair. Wilds can easily get under it, making frog hover and if there is a wall behind, you are stuck for good. Can't attack, can't run or jump. Have to sit there waiting for wilds to push each other around releasing you in process or dismount and try to fight hostiles yourself. Good luck doing it in swamp cave.

Attacking underwater would be nice too, but that I can live without.

Tuso: geez, after all that time small aquatics can still swim inside your head where they can attack you, while you can't attack them. Extremely annoying and immersion shattering since it only makes sense if you see them as collision capsules with some code attached to it.

It will sometimes forget which side is front and which is back, model flips and now you attack with head instead of tentacles.

Ink should push away surrounding wilds or/and disable their collision for 100ms to give you a chance to run away when you are swarmed.

I would also want a new ability which is actually old one - being able to grab stuff. Yeah yeah, I know you can't carry stuff on pve and especially now with all the antimeshing shenanigans around devs would probably not want to allow tuso grabbing. But! It was a huge deal, since tuso was healing and inflicting torpor, without this ability it could be megaladon in squid costume. Or a coel. Huge one. Anyways, I believe there is a way to bring back its super-powers without breaking everything.

Tuso should not be able to move or even turn when holding something, this way you won't be able to carry wild stuff into someone's base to grief them, push stuff inside mesh to kill or undermesh etc. And all the usual - no grabbing of player and their tames if they not in tribe with you on pve.
Also I think it would be better to move tuso to target and not the other way around when grabbing, otherwise I'm  sure someone would waste a week to move alpha mosa to your base cm by cm by grabbing and releasing.

I like any new content. I know the Argy has issues picking players and their smaller tames together.  Small water tames still beach themselves and die on occasion.  Being able to save more dino paints would be nice. Speaking of painting, the if we could update the current system that would be lovely. It's decent on canvas but can be quite a hassle on a lot of dinos.  I've seen the Atlas paint system.   If it were as good as that, maybe I can finally fulfil my dream of an Iron Man lighting wyvern.

Just a thought. Different species skins for the griff would be sick: harpie eagle, Philippines eagle, secretary bird. Some stylish birds.  

3 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Before any creature gets even a 1% stat change, we need changes for the Liopleurodon. 

The Pelagornis. This things model is complete garbage. I've never seen worse work by the devs. The creature itself also isn't all that good either. 

Brontos. They look so mechanical as they walk, yet the Diplo and Titanosaur are fluent and lively. A model upgrade would be nice, but just a boost to animation quality would go a long way.

On these 3 I could not agree more.. the giga I kinda agree with but I feel other creatures deserve the upgrade as well.

Carno.. yikes it's just awful. I wish I could say more but it speaks for itself..

All the water life needs upgrading.. ?

5 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

(...)

Next, the Giga. It's such an antiquated piece of Ark's game design. The Rex and Spino both got upgrades, now the Giga needs an upgrade/rework.

(...)

They need to upgrade Gigas for sure and in this TLC. The textures and meshes are terrible outdated...

I agree with Tuso meshes too - the fact that enemies can go inside the head and stuck the mount is just ridiculous. 

One creature that i would love to see some work on is the Mantis. The taming process is horrible - sometimes is easier to tame a Giga than this damn insect (resource wise). But they are so bad... well, they are good to break tools if this is what you want. They should be able to jump/glide like terror birds and have a way to equip/unequip/swap tools. And the fact they can't breed is annoying.

Besides the suggestions thus far, most of which I agree with the one I'd like to see get some TLC and I've read MANY threads on this as well are...

Humans!  Yes, I want to see more variety, not just the sizes but more different faces, hair, etc.  Also a bit more variety in the armor models.  Besides the body shape everyone has the same face.

Outside of that more love for the shoulder pets.  I'd love to be able to whistle them on and off my shoulders, specifically the flyers when in flight.  That and fix the hitboxes for the smaller flyers, they're terrible, you can have 20 arrows sticking out of it and none registered on the server.  LOL

Archived