Random dino death bug in Genesis?

RomulusD

Random dino death bug in Genesis?

Hey all, earlier in the day I was swimming back to my base in one of the big sunken air cubes in the ocean biome and as soon as I rendered my base in I got six dino death messages.  It just said they were killed, not that they were killed by anything.  There were no threats present, they all had food, and bodies were just laying on the ground. Several other dinos were just fine. Has anyone else had this happen?

When you toss a Dino out or to out check the oxygen if it’s going down punch the Dino and it should snap out of it same thing happens when using a teleporter in vacuum compartments. Idk if it’s the same exact issue but yea worth a shot it’s likely some are drowning the others have probably been hit or moved snapping them out of it 

Still happening.  I had first built a base in the bubble that bordered the moeder mission, so I figured that the boss's attack was crossing into the bubble.  I moved my base to another bubble over 1000 m away.  This morning I was up on a cliff platform and got a message that my sarco had died.  Climbed down and sure enough, it was dead.  Was checking to make sure it hadn't starved and my spoder dropped dead.  My dire bear, with a good saddle, was damaged but still alive.  My spoder had over 20k health.  When it happen next to the moeder mission, I had died too.  This time I was fine.  No idea what's going on, but since no structures were damaged, I'm just going to keep everything cryoed until they get this fixed.

6 hours ago, Mashboro said:

Same issue for us. It is not just a meshing issue either. 30+ dinos of ours have died to this glitch. Seems the under water caves are bugged. We had our dinos on foundations and away from walls and not clipped into anything or each other.

We had that aswell. We had dinos on foundation and still died. My advice just move because it will not be fixed soon I guess.

1 hour ago, Horiana said:

I had the same issue, but even i died in the same second. Also in underwater bubble. dino was on the ground i was on ceiling, about 15 foundations apart

The first time it happened to me, I died as well.  That was when my base was right next to the moeder mission area, so I think it may have been someone fighting the boss, but I'm not sure.  That's why I moved to the other side of the biome, but it still happened to my dinos.

On 3/17/2020 at 7:52 PM, CrazyHermit said:

The first time it happened to me, I died as well.  That was when my base was right next to the moeder mission area, so I think it may have been someone fighting the boss, but I'm not sure.  That's why I moved to the other side of the biome, but it still happened to my dinos.

My dinos keep on dying, in past 4 days i lost more than 15 dinos by this bug, not only aqua dinos, feroxes, carbo, and iguano too. I've made a ticket to get them all replaced, now im waiting for GM. Im not near any mission area

On 3/17/2020 at 2:52 PM, CrazyHermit said:

Its happening to us on private server as well when nobody could be using the mission area that cuts our base in half... we've had deaths on both sides of the huge air pocket at the SW of the map. Some aquatic animals, some land animals.

Ouch KilLerdft, that hurt.  That's exactly how it happens with me.  It happen to me twice today, but I've learned to keep all of my important tames in cryos.  My base is on a cliff platform, so i did a little experiment. I placed a vacuum cube with a low level dodo and lystro in it on the platform, then had a few other low levels outside the cube, along with my character.  Everything outside the cube died, but the ones inside the cube were fine.  So now I'm going to make a larger cube for breeding and raising babies in, to protect them in case it happens while they're out.  I'd move, except I really like the location of my base.

5 hours ago, CrazyHermit said:

Ouch KilLerdft, that hurt.  That's exactly how it happens with me.  It happen to me twice today, but I've learned to keep all of my important tames in cryos.  My base is on a cliff platform, so i did a little experiment. I placed a vacuum cube with a low level dodo and lystro in it on the platform, then had a few other low levels outside the cube, along with my character.  Everything outside the cube died, but the ones inside the cube were fine.  So now I'm going to make a larger cube for breeding and raising babies in, to protect them in case it happens while they're out.  I'd move, except I really like the location of my base.

maybe it has something to do with the random underwater whirlpools?

Archived