Thank you for disabling cave building on PvE Genesis

Nokosa

Thank you for disabling cave building on PvE Genesis

This is a fantastic change. Too many natural resources and spawns have been blocked since the launch of the servers. This is needed.

However, the people who have built inside of these caves still have structures inside of these caves, effectively making the "no build zone" change sort of useless. Is this to be addressed?

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Zapha said:

But the setting for "Build in Caves" was already before Genesis available for private servers.

Yes, but some areas in PvE caves since this latest patch have now become Mission areas that result in blocking building. So some areas as a result of this cannot be built in even with allow cave building because of the new mission areas.

So it won't impact all PvE cave building on private servers, but it does impact quite a bit regardless of cave building settings.

This is great news, it's a huge source of drama on our official server that some people have built in and blocked off certain caves, but the building that has already taken place in caves needs to be addressed quickly. In the spirit of fairness people who have built in caves should be given some time to relocate, maybe a week, before structures are despawned. But they definitely need to be cleared.

39 minutes ago, GP said:

Yes, but some areas in PvE caves since this latest patch have now become Mission areas that result in blocking building. So some areas as a result of this cannot be built in even with allow cave building because of the new mission areas.

So it won't impact all PvE cave building on private servers, but it does impact quite a bit regardless of cave building settings.

specifically for this we have removed all those restrictions on our server.

• Building in mission zones : allowed
  • Building in caves : allowed
  • Flyers : allowed

All these restrictions just take away the fun of this game.

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, Olivar said:

specifically for this we have removed all those restrictions on our server.

• Building in mission zones : allowed
  • Building in caves : allowed
  • Flyers : allowed

All these restrictions just take away the fun of this game.

I wouldn't say it does tbh. My servers are keeping flyers disabled as it feels like the map would be too easy to have them, and disabling missions takes away a big portion of content including endgame and bosses.

The only thing we have enabled is cave building as we have on all maps.

I see the Genesis rules as a try from Wildcard to prevent a map full of laghell bases. I have not bought Genesis but what I heard there is not much place to build and the water platforms are limited in height and range.

Ya sure, many of you will not like that, but we all know that mega bases fully packed with posing dinos are the main reasons for lag and server freezes. And as long as you not run giant kibble farms or breeding 50 different dino types in 100 color variations, you don't need giant bases. For the crafting machines and a cryofridge you need only a small base.

14 hours ago, GP said:

This is only good really for official servers, not so good news for private servers. Another clear example of how issues on official servers impact on private servers that never had issues with it in the first place.

Official servers are what matter. Private servers can be fixed rather easily when it comes to changes that effect them negatively. It does suck that some changes impact private servers negatively, and I feel for you. People blocking caves, resources, tames, and glitch spawns in caves has been a plague since the launch of Genesis and there was nothing that could be done on PvE. This solves the problem, and I am grateful. 

On 3/6/2020 at 11:37 AM, Coldpaws said:

there is ini settings you can add to unofficials to make building in caves and in missions areas allowed, exact same way you do it in single player

I would like to have this setting also, i'm playing singleplayer and I was building in the Ice Cave in the Snow Biome (Searching the Fro-zone mission).

Archived