Better Scaling of mission for less players on server + Heavy resource drain

Glenni

Suggestion

I would love to see a better scaling system on servers for quests.  When im talking on scaling on quests, its dead easy to do the quests with 10 man, in "Bog Beatdown".

I have a small private server, and we are 2 players. We cant ever do the high ones, because its to hard with 2 players. If we have been 10 players, we would never face that problem. Same if you try to do it solo for your own skill check.

My guess, with 2 players, we are stuck on doing the "gamma-difficulty" even on max lvl with the best gear we got (we are over lvl 95 now). We tried second difficulty and we could not even complete first stage, before all armor 2 sets a player was destroyed. Gear we also had, had some major durability, but not a chance. 

It also effect currency for us, due it is split in half of hexagon. Earning about 1140 hexagon each run, not sure exact amount but not far off. Meaning we need to do over 43-45 runs on easy mode to even be close to look at a 45.000 hexagon crate. Feels a bit of overkill due the time invested in that event feks. So brings me to second part, if you dont get any upgrade for next lvl missions, you are still stuck on farming 45 new rounds with no upgrade to progress in to the missions.  

Heavy drain of resources doing this:
Gamma difficulty we manage to do with 2 sets of armor on us, where we change into second set of flak on wave 3 or 4 due 80% durability loss. Its not possible do with one. So you can think how much resources we spend also, to do 1140 hexagon run. When u need to repair 4 sets of armor for each run, if you look at the bigger picture. That is 180 repairs on 4 armor sets. Multiply that with each gear piece you use its 900 repairs in total. 4x armor set x 45 runs = 180 x 5 a pieces = 900 repairs. If you wonder the numbers behind it. Then you can ask your self, how much metal ore do you need for that.. Answear: Crazy amount. Time farming it.. eyerolling. Worth it? No. Resault is that, your system kills it self. 

This is one of the missions. The same problem adds some of the other missions to. Where you might even lose huge amount of tames, for pack missions not scaling good enough for less players. 

We like the new Genesis map btw, its refreshing. We do miss the mini boss fights for spawning bigger bosses, the caves and all from Island. But rest is all good :)

Glenn

2 replies to this server topic

I played modded singleplayer, with tweaked stats multiplier(I have 1k health and almost 50k total armor) and I'm only able to barely finish the alpha difficulty Bog Gauntlet. As how I see it, the biggest issue in gauntlet mission really is that ridiculously high damage reduction they give to those hostile creature.

How is it fair to ask your player to kill 20~30 creatures that have couple thousands of health and about 60~80% damage reduction in 6 minutes?

Agreed. Singleplayer, 1.8K health (raised player level cap), 1500 dura 900 armour chestpiece. Either myself and that chestpiece got shredded in seconds if I faced the dinos, or I kept my distance so I wouldn't die and didn't have enough time to kill even the first wave. Haven't tried with medbrews etc yet, but I really wonder if singleplayer/ small group scaling was ever considered. I get Gen is supposed to be difficult, and the challenge is very refreshing and I enjoy it, but with stats like that it should not be impossible to beat even the first wave, if player count scaling was considered.

At least the hunt missions etc can be evened out to some degree, because you can breed as many dinos as you want to bring with you. But the Gauntlets? You're limited to how many active players you have.

And it's a shame too, because the Gauntlets (well, gamma and beta at least) are my favorite missions. It's wild fun running around stabbing the Broody with a flaming spear, but it really feels like Alpha just isn't possible.

Archived