Please Stop Crying About Bog

EatMyDust

Every single day there is nothing but complaints in chat and on forums. Please stop moaning and groaning about your daily struggles in the Bog zone. I understand the swarms are annoying, but you chose to live in a zone that is absolutely littered with hostile dinos. Kapros do what kapros do: catch you off guard and maul you to death. Barys do what Barys do: stun-lock the piss out of you and maul u to death. These do not need nerfs; they have been like this for the longest time, and the game shouldn't revolve around you. Carry a sword and run around with flak = no issues with kapro. Stay out of water = no issues with Bary.

Furthermore, just because WC labels Bog as "easy" zone, doesn't mean it's an easy zone. It's interesting to see that casual players don't seem to be able to distinguish easy from hard, and think just because it's labeled "easy," it must be where they live.

MOVE OUT OF THE BOG IF YOU WANT TO LIVE PEACEFULLY. It's like living in the middle of the swamp on The Island, DILO do you honestly expect to happen? One of the best biomes for metal, crystal, and fungal wood is Bog, you think it comes free?

Last point of mention: You don't need to live in JUST one zone. The HLNA teleport ability allows everyone the ability to jump around biomes. You don't need to live in the Bog just to tame spiders or mine metal, you can live in an easier zone like Snow and teleport there with an anky/theri/etc, and bring it back home.

TLDR: Please for the love of God stop complaining about Bog.

3 hours ago, EatMyDust said:

Every single day there is nothing but complaints in chat and on forums. Please stop moaning and groaning about your daily struggles in the Bog zone. I understand the swarms are annoying, but you chose to live in a zone that is absolutely littered with hostile dinos. Kapros do what kapros do: catch you off guard and maul you to death. Barys do what Barys do: stun-lock the piss out of you and maul u to death. These do not need nerfs; they have been like this for the longest time, and the game shouldn't revolve around you. Carry a sword and run around with flak = no issues with kapro. Stay out of water = no issues with Bary.

Furthermore, just because WC labels Bog as "easy" zone, doesn't mean it's an easy zone. It's interesting to see that casual players don't seem to be able to distinguish easy from hard, and think just because it's labeled "easy," it must be where they live.

MOVE OUT OF THE BOG IF YOU WANT TO LIVE PEACEFULLY. It's like living in the middle of the swamp on The Island, DILO do you honestly expect to happen? One of the best biomes for metal, crystal, and fungal wood is Bog, you think it comes free?

Last point of mention: You don't need to live in JUST one zone. The HLNA teleport ability allows everyone the ability to jump around biomes. You don't need to live in the Bog just to tame spiders or mine metal, you can live in an easier zone like Snow and teleport there with an anky/theri/etc, and bring it back home.

TLDR: Please for the love of God stop complaining about Bog.

very well said. what i find so hilarious, is people complaining about bog as if they cant go anywhere else. here is an idea to those who cant think for themselves. move to different biome. gear up, then when you feel ready go back to bog, for f*** sake is it that hard to think of a plan.

Complaining about complaining? Oh dear...

I don't see any topics about complaining about bog on page 1 if people are complaining in chat on your server then complain back in chat since it will have no affect here... It's like someone talking about one thing IRL and you complain online somewhere where they probably won't see it

28 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

I might have started the same thread soon if the op didnt. I been seeing posts everyday since genesis release, kinda frustrated i guess wondering why ppl have to build up in bog and not anywhere else just cos its labelled as easy. Those from aber should have known this by now.

Basilisks in Easy spawn on Ab hah.

1 hour ago, Klakky said:

I don't see any topics about complaining about bog on page 1 if people are complaining in chat on your server then complain back in chat since it will have no affect here... It's like someone talking about one thing IRL and you complain online somewhere where they probably won't see it

You have missed Something, yesterday ppl were still complaining hard about Bog...

I live in Bog - Official PVE - its sooo easy.

Insect swarms - good source of meat and hide
Karpos - good source of regular kibble eggs. You can tame them without trap - you dont have to hunt for them :)
Barys - fantastic all-around mount
Beelzebuffo - fantastic travel mount
and plenty of raw and prime meat source - stegos, paracers,brontos, carnos

It would be great to make wthis game HARDER.

But i have one complain.... why the hell frog doesnt make cp from insect swarms!!!

1 hour ago, Klakky said:

Do you live under a Rock ....or metal node?  How have you not seen?

It's like every other day that the forum is filled with complaints about complaints, I really think people need to just stop complaining about people complaining. And I know this is a complaint about a complaint about a complaint, but keep in mind, if you complain about this post, you will be entering phase 4 and that could be pretty ridiculous and hard to follow. In fact, I'm going to complain right now in advance about people complaining about my previous complaint. All of you, complainer-complainer-complainers are going WAY TOO FAR. So please, stop complaining about the complaint and let's just be more friendly and accepting and learn to enjoy the original complaints together.

14 hours ago, EatMyDust said:

No, but generally in gaming, if you label something as Easy or Hard, it implies a certain level of difficulty. Take Call of Duty for example. The difference between Normal and Veteran difficulty is clear as day and night. 

So when people see that 4/5 zones are labeled as Medium or Hard, it kinda implies that the Easy zone should be the easiest place to start the game off. If they think the Bog is hard to live in, what might they think about the other zones? 

It isn't properly labeled. And don't tell me there's places in the Bog that are easy to live in, because it's that way with every zone. I started off in the Volcano after getting my ass kicked in the Bog and found it to be so much easier. 

Labeling it as an Easy Zone should mean it is relatively easier. The south of the Island is labeled as Easy, and it's so much different than living on the Eastern shore. 

I guess people didn't learn from the aberration DLC that easy zone doesn't mean easy more 'easy to die'.  I understand for new players it can be quite frustrating being targeted by a swarm every minute.  some tips on those...

1) pike, sword, and torch all make short work of swarms.

2) submerging yourself completely in water (where oxy starts getting used) causes the swarm to leave.

On the op saying "Don't live there", well that in itself is a issue with the age old problem of people pillaring every square inch of land in the zones, you gotta take what you can get, and you may very well end up living in the bog because of it.  sometimes its not a choice, sometimes its forced on you when playing official.

Archived