Forums are Bias

Angelcanon

Forums are Bias

Its no secret to most people that occasionally some players just do not like a game, and post rants to describe they're general dislike, but these general dislikes are from the heart, honest opinions are usually born from actually playing the game, so when these opinions are posted here why are they deleted, i'm guessing because it would  possibly alter game sales for the worse, since foul language or racial could be replaced with $#$%^#, i've read a few posts last night and wrote 1 myself, and everyone is deleted so your forums are bias and a lie, if anything directed at a poor game design or would count toward the game as a negative finds its way here its deleted, the forum is where information should be gathered and shared to allow players and game makers to create and play a better GAME so why delete the negative, why is the community not allowed to express actual honest opinions of game play

21 minutes ago, Angelcanon said:

Forums are Bias

Its no secret to most people that occasionally some players just do not like a game, and post rants to describe they're general dislike, but these general dislikes are from the heart, honest opinions are usually born from actually playing the game, so when these opinions are posted here why are they deleted, i'm guessing because it would  possibly alter game sales for the worse, since foul language or racial could be replaced with $#$%^#, i've read a few posts last night and wrote 1 myself, and everyone is deleted so your forums are bias and a lie, if anything directed at a poor game design or would count toward the game as a negative finds its way here its deleted, the forum is where information should be gathered and shared to allow players and game makers to create and play a better GAME so why delete the negative, why is the community not allowed to express actual honest opinions of game play

Didn't think it will come to me defending WC, but I have different opinion on these forums. Was venting, complaining, ranting and arguing with mods quite often without posts getting deleted.
They are quite tolerant toward criticism on forums if you can keep it civil.

5 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Didn't think it will come to me defending WC, but I have different opinion on these forums. Was venting, complaining, ranting and arguing with mods quite often without posts getting deleted.
They are quite tolerant toward criticism on forums if you can keep it civil.

Key word is "civil" most people don't know what that is. lol

• Volunteer Moderator
36 minutes ago, Angelcanon said:

i've read a few posts last night and wrote 1 myself, and everyone is deleted so your forums are bias and a lie

Which ones are deleted?

Looking at your profile there are several from yesterday that you posted, they are all here:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/profile/860439-angelcanon/

Including your wall of text where you explain why you think Genesis sucks.

So doesn't look like anything was deleted at all.

I wonder if he is maybe seeing his posts get moved from where he originally made it?  That was confusing as hell to me when I first came here.  There is no notification of any kind that I can see when your post is moved or deleted.  And sometimes the mass consolidation of multiple posts into one buries useful information under nonsense and repeats.  I can understand the confusion.  But we should be a little more investigative before jumping to bias or censorship accusations.

17 hours ago, Angelcanon said:

exactly, it was moved but i stand behind what i had wrote, we make complaints and issues and they are left by the way side, 

Sorry, but the sooner you realize that Wildcard rarely responds to anything on these forums, the better off you'll be.  I would question how often they bother to even look here but I have no way of knowing that for sure.  This is more for communicating with other players in the community.  The few times I've seen devs respond here, they got assaulted and chased off.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, PertySlick said:

Sorry, but the sooner you realize that Wildcard rarely responds to anything on these forums, the better off you'll be.  I would question how often they bother to even look here but I have no way of knowing that for sure.  This is more for communicating with other players in the community.  The few times I've seen devs respond here, they got assaulted and chased off.

Image result for this guy knows

Imagine that... the ARK Community Forums being biased toward ARK. How very strange. [/SARC]

But seriously, as has been mentioned much already, there's a lot of negative feedback toward the game that's tolerated here honestly. It's actually quite important for people to be able to express dissatisfaction for aspects of the game, or discuss problems they are having. Those of us who obviously support the game in words, obviously do so despite having had issues ourselves. I doubt there's anyone here who doesn't recognize the game's quality could be improved, even realizing that it will never be ideal. 

But a lot of the problems people gripe about fall into categories of issues that necessarily even technical problems with game itself - other player's griefing them, new 'by design' restrictions on specific maps, server settings not being configured to the user's expectations, issues related to mods & the need for mod upgrades, 'unplayable' game performance issues that are more likely the user's own hardware or network connection, etc, etc, etc

Even some of the legitimate bugs in the game can be worked around if people took the time to discuss their issues on the forum instead of jumping in and using their very first post here to mindlessly bash the game. People who don't like the game, will whine and then just not play it. People who experience issues with the game, but do like it, will come here to discuss their issues.

18 hours ago, PertySlick said:

I wonder if he is maybe seeing his posts get moved from where he originally made it?  That was confusing as hell to me when I first came here.  There is no notification of any kind that I can see when your post is moved or deleted.  And sometimes the mass consolidation of multiple posts into one buries useful information under nonsense and repeats.  I can understand the confusion.  But we should be a little more investigative before jumping to bias or censorship accusations.

All users can simply look at their profiles to track all their posts.

Check my account, I've been here from the start. I've been salty directly to mods here in the past and to WC as a whole. I dont really come on these forums much anymore so I dont know if rules have changed where they delete stuff as you're claiming, could be true but from my experience people just voice their opinions and move on. 

WildCard will never be a loved studio by most of its player base, plain and simple. They still ultimately do what they want and they breed a toxic culture across the entire community but in the darkness there is also a great deal of light that I see every single day both from WildCard devs, their support teams and from the playerbase where out of 20 toxic elitist traders for example, there is 1 guy that just wants to have fun and enjoy life and that is why I always come back.

But yeah the forums gets a big thumbs down, especially how they handled the trade forums. Very stupid on their part because it gave players a sense of security. Now its anything goes via Discord. At least here you could downvote someone and only trade with people that have a reputation they built up thus something to lose if they scammed. 

I do respect your opinion but I'm just not sure I entirely agree with it is my point :P

Archived