are the magma's good for anything on pve?

mike105222

they are BETTER than anky by far for metal, they reduce metal by x4, and are a really fun mount BUT, damage wise (not talking pvp right) they pretty lame, the fireball vs golem is nearly non existent, and mostly the fire "debuff" will be what kill most stuff, (vs lava golem /other magma), if you aim well you can do some decent damage vs other creature

BUT if your not carefull you can 1 shoot your own friend, had a friend on a rex havign an allo bitting hes ass, did a fireball to try help him, and i killed him instantly even though he was riding the rex), so pretty difficult to play in a grp situation ...

the "space" (taunt) is in my opinion a very bad ability, for few reason : magma take tons of dmg from everything, and considering that the hitbox is pretty small  its ...sometime hard to kill stuff (specially if they attack you from the front right feet side)

the left/right bombardement attack is nice, but again feels very "solo" type of attack because if you got friend with you arround well, you going to kill them as fast as you kill other dino arround

now couple all that with fact that so far no one that im aware off know how to get a GOOD magma bp saddle (or even a bp at all ...), and stuck on prim quality, then yeah, not really a tame you wanna use to go solo in the volcano or other place :( your going to get killed fast ...

(for pvp i can DEFINITLY see more use and thats probably where its aiming for)

24 minutes ago, pclm1 said:

Tried it yesterday on SP and they were able to teleport in and weren't affected by the dragons fire.

nice, how many were you able to take in with you from the pad? i was listening to some people going after eggs today it sounds like it can be pretty painful lol.  but still would be a new fun dino to take into boss fights :D

36 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

nice, how many were you able to take in with you from the pad? i was listening to some people going after eggs today it sounds like it can be pretty painful lol.  but still would be a new fun dino to take into boss fights :D

I only tested with the one magmasaur. Not sure how well it would do against other bosses but it should help make the dragon fight a bit easier hopefully.

Archived