Lost Character questions for Official PVE

RMBTFriedRice

Lost Character questions for Official PVE

Hello, this isn’t a complaint on a technical issue but more on a question about protocol. When you’ve lost a character through transfer, gone through the steps in-game to look for it, and submitted a ticket with proof of character (with a picture of the implant, sample ID, and character level and stats) what is the general outcome that you’ve personally experienced? Do you usually get your character back when you have proof? If so, how long did it take you? 

I’ve played most of my Ark life on Legacy so I knew I wouldn’t have gotten help if that were the case, but this is my first time for this to occur on Non-Legacy Official PVE cluster. 

I wanted to get an idea of how long the wait times have been on submitted tickets of this nature and whether or not recovering characters have been fruitful. 

It happened to a friend, he did like you, ticket support with proof, some screenshots and other stuff. And he told me he had to create a new character on the server, after that a Game Master came into the game in the server to level up his character. Sometimes they level up more than you were before, and sometimes less (like 5-10 lvl max difference)

I have no idea about the time it took for all the process

It all depends on the volume the gm’s are dealing with.  On any normal month where we go along time without constant updates, or when the updates are predictable,  probably in a couple weeks.  But when they do constant updates since genesis was released....I would expect a month at least.   When I lost 2 characters last year,  there were so many people in line ,  it took over a month to get a gm to say I could schedule an appointment,  and I couldn’t find a slot for a couple weeks out.

i lost my character last January, the whole process  took about 2 weeks , you won't get your character back, you will have to create a new one then a GM will meet you at your base to get the ownership back, character level, along with tames right imprinting bonus... if you are in a tribe the Gm might ask for an admin presence to prove  your claim is legit.

the Gm i got was very nice i ask him if i could create a character for each map i play (so i won't be losing my character again) and he said ok so i created 3 different character, one for each map and he got them all to the level i was (102) 

overall a very pleasant experience despite the 2 weeks wait

ps: i play on official server

11 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

It all depends on the volume the gm’s are dealing with.  On any normal month where we go along time without constant updates, or when the updates are predictable,  probably in a couple weeks.  But when they do constant updates since genesis was released....I would expect a month at least.   When I lost 2 characters last year,  there were so many people in line ,  it took over a month to get a gm to say I could schedule an appointment,  and I couldn’t find a slot for a couple weeks out.

I had a feeling it might be a long wait time for me at a time like this. ?

Archived