Building upgrades

Tazman1983

Suggestion

Building upgrades

Mentioned to Ced on Twitter and he said the idea had merit so here goes. After the introduction of adobe it seems we have been neglected on the building side and it's mine and many others favourite part of ark. Below is my list of ideas.

Actual sloped sections to allow building of pyramids, s.e is set in a desert so be nice to keep up with theme a bit.

Wood structures that look slightly mushroom-ish with the use of fungal wood (its everywhere on ab so why not utilise it?)

Marble looking, almost Roman style using silicate introduced in extinction

Introduce some of the building pieces from prim+ into base game (brick, cement, lumber are all great materials to build with but having to change game modes to use them?)

The current game has a good variety if you have the imagination but the terrain of ark limits what you can do unless you are on a private server. Possibly look at being able to map out a building template on a construction table, farm the mats and then place the foundation in 1 go and it automatically forms against the terrain. Not sure about you but having to crawl under my base to kill unwanted guests is boring now :)

3 replies to this server topic

23 hours ago, Tazman1983 said:

Yeah that's all great as well :) conan exiles has packs that add themes and as this is a bigger game I don't see why it's not possible 

You would think, but from previous posts that touched on the subject it seems like it has something to do with the way the game is coded, the size of the game, the issues that currently existed in the game, and the capabilities of the machines we use to play them.

I will still hope for the day. Either as new building materials added in or as mod packs we can download for free, purchase, or as a reward for meeting specific goals or achievements. 

?

Love it!

As a builder and PvE player, I have felt that those of us who do not have access to mods have been left out since Scorched Earth as every addition since has had at most, a few building items as opposed to building tiers. I had hoped for one with Extinction - then Genesis, but my hopes were unfortunately crushed.

And to add to your list:

• Items added to all tiers: Roof Corner, Roof Valley, and Triangle Roof as was done with Atlas
  • Items added to all tiers: Larger building segments to cut down on lag. 
  • Aberration Tier Added: Gemstone Cobblestone: Using stone, cementing paste, and gems - the resulting build would resemble a cobblestone wall with shiney gems in place of some of the cobbles. 
  • Extinction Tier Added: Steel: Using an infusion of element dust or new resource during the smelting process it would be an upgrade to a metal tier without reaching the tek tier. Due the nature of the beast on extinction and the creature hunger for tek - having an option strong than metal but weaker than tek would give you something new to build with that the creatures on the map wouldn't go after. 
    • This tier could also add the inclusion of a new tool tier, weapon tier, and a armor tier with the addition of a new -hard to craft resource. 

And I love you note to include items from Primitive Plus into the game! Lumber, Cement, and Brick options would be awesome. 

A few others that could be fun to play around with;

• Bamboo
  • Log (wood)
  • Ice (as with igloos)

And to add to everything above, I would also love to have some decoratives (tables, chairs, lights, fireplaces, and such that fit the current and other tiers listed better than the originals we still have today and have worked with since day one).  

And if they cannot come up with or take the time to create it on their own, their are some amazing modders, such as the EcoMods that could provide an awesome foundation for them to start on. 

That may just me though. ?

Archived