Starve "awake" taming

Verisia

23 minutes ago, Glydyr said:

Creatures have never lost food when awake only  when unconscious. Sometimes they get knocked out by a snake or something then you find them. 

Generally, this is true, but Daeodon WILL actually lose food when it's awake. If you damage him enough that he heals himself, then knock him out, he will start taming with low food and then eat very quickly for a nice quick tame. I've never seen it in any other creature though. I assume it could be valid for any dino that heals, but can't confirm. 

44 minutes ago, Shuee said:

Generally, this is true, but Daeodon WILL actually lose food when it's awake. If you damage him enough that he heals himself, then knock him out, he will start taming with low food and then eat very quickly for a nice quick tame. I've never seen it in any other creature though. I assume it could be valid for any dino that heals, but can't confirm. 

And argy's can insta tame from a similar healing mechanic.

6 minutes ago, Verisia said:

It is working again now - just stay in range of the dino in the pen and food goes down (wont show with pressing H) but when you re-knock the dino out food has been emptying

yep, starve awaking taming still works. You just have to render the dino. Knock out a dino, force feed him to full life is neccessary, let him wake up. Wait some time, knock out again, instant tame.

Quite usefull for long tames or high narcotic tames in the begining of the game

Archived