Trying to set maximum level to 150 on Aberration

jasonE

Trying to set maximum level to 150 on Aberration

With the release and update of Genesis, my Ark settings were reset to their default options. After restoring them to the settings I originally changed them to, I went on to my single player aberration play-through, only to find that the creatures were spawning in intervals of 4 instead of 5, implying that the maximum level was at 120 instead of the 150 it should be at. I've gone into the game user settings file and confirmed that the difficulty offset is at 1 and  override official difficulty is set to 5. I've also looked at the general options tab and made sure that the difficulty level slide bar is at 1, the use single player settings checkbox is toggled off, and the maximum difficulty checkbox is toggled on (which, according to its description, should automatically set the max level to 150). After all of this, I'm still finding that creatures are spawning in multiples of 4. Is there something that I'm missing here? Is there another option that I haven't changed or another setting in the game user settings file that I should change? This issue only happened after the genesis update, is anyone else experiencing this problem following the update? Thanks for any help and advice!

Update: still isn't working, I've tried adjusting the override official difficulty (assuming you were talking about override official difficulty) as you suggested Spine but i'm still getting multiples of 4. I'm starting to think that you might be right Viosiax. If anyone has confirmation that this is a bug associated with the new update or advice on how to get difficulty back to 150 max level please let me know, thanks!

11 hours ago, jasonE said:

Update: still isn't working, I've tried adjusting the override official difficulty (assuming you were talking about override official difficulty) as you suggested Spine but i'm still getting multiples of 4. I'm starting to think that you might be right Viosiax. If anyone has confirmation that this is a bug associated with the new update or advice on how to get difficulty back to 150 max level please let me know, thanks!

I rechecked my .ini and I had it spelled wrong it's working for me now maybe check the spelling. 

Mine looks like this.

I have the added the line under difficultyoffset

If it still does not work I'm sorry I don't know how to help :(

[ServerSettings]

DifficultyOffset=1.000000
OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0

Ok, I FINALLY got it working, but I'm very confused about how I got it working. I figured I'd post what I did just in case it helps anyone in the future. I've been combing through the game user settings file for the past hour, tweaking it and loading the game to see if anything changed. Nothing was working. Then, I once more opened the game user settings, only this time I was taken to a file that looked different from the one I had been looking through previously. It contained far fewer lines than the normal game user settings file. I noticed it still had a category marked as 'Server Settings' only this one was missing both a difficulty offset and override official difficulty option. Out of sheer desperation, I added the following lines to the server setting category:

DifficultyOffset=1.000000
OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0

So I started the game up again, wiped the dinos and looked for new spawns. Lo and behold, the first dino I found was level 5. I've looked at every other file in the config folder, none of them look like the file I had opened. The closest thing I could find was the default game user settings in the other config file, but that wasn't my mystery file either. As far as I can tell, I had simply clicked on the game user settings file the same as I had done dozens of times before, and I was taken to this different file. I couldn't find it again if I had to. I'm not good with editing game files and related stuff, so I don't know if I'm being really stupid here and missing something easy, but editing that mystery file worked for me. If anyone knows what happened here, please let me know. I'd love to know what I did for future reference

I can play Ark again!!!

Archived