input lag Fix for Keyboard Input lag (Windows)

Nadividat

Fix for Keyboard Input lag (Windows)

If you have problems with Keyboard input starting to get delays after playing Ark for a while, here is a possible fix:

Explanation: For some reason Ark manages to open up Werfault.exe when it shouldnt, resulting in increasing input lag the longer it is open.

Go into your taskmanager of choice, (Ctrl+R and type taskmgr)

Search for Werfault.exe (The Windows error reporting exe)

if its not there, then maybe this fix is not what you need

If its there, Simply shut it down

Now you are free to play without delay until restarting Ark

Hopefully its helpful to people experiencing the same problem i had, or even to the Devs to fix it^^

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok so I didn't see any file by that name in my task manager :(

Its so sporadic the way it happens too...one day its fine, the next it randomly lags. Different one minute to the next and doesn't seem to matter what else I have running in the back ground. Completely fine PC and wifi connection...Ark Gods can you help with this???

Ok so I have been having these issues for a few months now, off and on. I saw someone had posted a fix but it didn't work for me. :(

The issue is that I have increasing periods of typing lag in the game. It doesn't happen every time I play, but seemingly at random. Doesn't matter what's running in the background or anything. My connection is fine, other games are fine. It eventually makes the game unplayable. Sometimes if I switch windows and try to say, open task manager, my typing outside of the game will be lagged as well. It's really crazy. 

I noticed last night that when it's doing this, in task manager Ark is "not responding", flashing on and off. 

I have a pretty good gaming PC and do not have this issue with any other game, and really didn't have this issue until a few months ago so Im not sure whats changed. 

Another post said to look for a certain file in task manager and close it, but I don't ever see it open or running when I look while this is happening.

Has anyone else had this issue? Or have any suggestions for me? I just want to feed my babies in peace T_T

Archived