Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All that stuff is working fine on my server. I am able to change the events also.  Please do put in a bug report because its really not as fun when the dinos are default colors. Also, could you tell m

that last message was for you

I know you didn't necessarily do that for me, but I do appreciate you looking into it.  Are you looking for a server to play on? 

Posted Images

I also run 2 dedicated Nitrado servers as well as playing Official and the events are why we are on dedicated because we love them! Since the genisis update our events are not spawning the coloured dinos for the event selected. We tried them all and did dino wipes and nothing changed...all the dinos are default colours.

Please let us know if this is still supported!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I did not know that was an issue as well.  I noticed the blue prints that are in the cooking pot are still there. So the event is active but for whatever reason the other stuff like colors and  candies, are not.  I will check my server when my game is done updating and let you know if I can do that.  Also, I am looking for players to join us on PvE server. Anyone interested let me know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just rented a Nitrado server for PS4 for the first time.  In my Nitrado settings I have selected "Current Official Event" under Active Event setting.  I should be getting 2x harvesting as per the current event, but I still seem to be getting x1 values when harvesting.  I have saved and restarted my Nitrado server, but still no success.  Is this related to what you chaps have been experiencing? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sakura said:

They removed most of the event dinos and assets from the game. The bunny dodo for the easter event is gone. Not sure why they even give us a command to enable events if they don't even work properly. As far as activating events when they are available, I never had to manually activate any event. 

Are you saying this based on fact that was confirmed by someone that works for Wildcard?  Or are you just observing whats happened on your server? When you run a server on Nitrado, you can activate any Ark holiday event at any given time.  The event is active because the blueprints are still in the fireplace and the fish and some drake are holiday colors, just not all the other dinos that were previously awesome colored.  Im hoping someone sees this and chimes in with some facts about it.  Genesis seems to have messed up a lot in the game.  I was unable to use any flyer on any map until I went in to my setting and checkmarked "allow flyers" which is under the Genesis "only" section.  So they have a lot of work to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sakura said:

They removed most of the event dinos and assets from the game. The bunny dodo for the easter event is gone. Not sure why they even give us a command to enable events if they don't even work properly. As far as activating events when they are available, I never had to manually activate any event. 

Also, when we breed dinos some of the babies come out with holiday colors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hesna008 said:

Are you saying this based on fact that was confirmed by someone that works for Wildcard?  Or are you just observing whats happened on your server? When you run a server on Nitrado, you can activate any Ark holiday event at any given time.  The event is active because the blueprints are still in the fireplace and the fish and some drake are holiday colors, just not all the other dinos that were previously awesome colored.  Im hoping someone sees this and chimes in with some facts about it.  Genesis seems to have messed up a lot in the game.  I was unable to use any flyer on any map until I went in to my setting and checkmarked "allow flyers" which is under the Genesis "only" section.  So they have a lot of work to do.

 

From what I have experienced with my Nitrado server, the 2x harvesting, taming and XP is not working, even though I have Official Ark Events activated on my server.  In one of the community crunches there is talk about WC having disabled the ability for private servers to automatically activate the events.  Though I have not yet seen WC themselves confirm this, it just seems to be non-WC talking about this. I am about to submit a bug report to WC in the hope that I will get some official response.  

However, I am using my Nitrado server on my PS4.  Perhaps the same option is working on Xbox and/or PC.

Edited by Myrm
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Myrm said:

 

From what I have experienced with my Nitrado server, the 2x harvesting, taming and XP is not working, even though I have Official Ark Events activated on my server.  In one of the community crunches there is talk about WC having disabled the ability for private servers to automatically activate the events.  Though I have not yet seen WC themselves confirm this, it just seems to be non-WC talking about this. I am about to submit a bug report to WC in the hope that I will get some official response.  

However, I am using my Nitrado server on my PS4.  Perhaps the same option is working on Xbox and/or PC.

that last message was for you

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Myrm said:

Thank you @Hesna008.  I appreciate your response.  I have submitted a bug report to WC, and I wait for their reply.

Cool, hopefully they will do something.  I think we all love the holiday colors lol.  I know I can admin command my dinos colors but I try not to use admin commands much cause once you start its hard to stop using them again lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hesna008 said:

Are you saying this based on fact that was confirmed by someone that works for Wildcard?  Or are you just observing whats happened on your server? When you run a server on Nitrado, you can activate any Ark holiday event at any given time.  The event is active because the blueprints are still in the fireplace and the fish and some drake are holiday colors, just not all the other dinos that were previously awesome colored.  Im hoping someone sees this and chimes in with some facts about it.  Genesis seems to have messed up a lot in the game.  I was unable to use any flyer on any map until I went in to my setting and checkmarked "allow flyers" which is under the Genesis "only" section.  So they have a lot of work to do.

It doesn't matter if it's on nitrado or self hosted. The command line to activate events are the same. Go active the Easter event and try spawning the bunny dodo. It doesn't work. You will see the blueprint for the Easter stuff in the Cooking Pot, which confirms the event is active. They removed a lot of the event assets so most of them can't be completed even if you have the event active.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sakura said:

It doesn't matter if it's on nitrado or self hosted. The command line to activate events are the same. Go active the Easter event and try spawning the bunny dodo. It doesn't work. You will see the blueprint for the Easter stuff in the Cooking Pot, which confirms the event is active. They removed a lot of the event assets so most of them can't be completed even if you have the event active.

I understand what your saying, my question is where are you getting this info?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I received a reply for my support request about the events not working on private (Nitrado) servers for PS4.  Unfortunately it wasn't much help.  The reply was from Customer Support, but they advised me that I need submit a bug report to the devs directly.  They gave me a Google Docs link for the report which I completed and submitted.  When I asked the CS rep when I would get a reply from theDevs, I was told that I would not get a direct reply, only that the Devs would investigate.  So unless the WC devs make an announcement about the events, or we suddenly see "fixed Events on private servers" in a future patch, I guess I'll never get an answer.

However, over on the Nitrado forum somebody made a comment in which they said that the Evolution event option on Nitrado servers only works with major events, such as the Easter event, and not with the more routine weekend 2x events.  Not sure on the accuracy of that, but perhaps it is right.  But I have only been using/playing on a private server for 3 days, and so I have not experienced the events before.  Perhaps some of you Nitrado server players/owners could confirm or deny the validity of that comment.

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...