Holiday events not working

4 minutes ago, Myrm said:

I received a reply for my support request about the events not working on private (Nitrado) servers for PS4.  Unfortunately it wasn't much help.  The reply was from Customer Support, but they advised me that I need submit a bug report to the devs directly.  They gave me a Google Docs link for the report which I completed and submitted.  When I asked the CS rep when I would get a reply from theDevs, I was told that I would not get a direct reply, only that the Devs would investigate.  So unless the WC devs make an announcement about the events, or we suddenly see "fixed Events on private servers" in a future patch, I guess I'll never get an answer.

However, over on the Nitrado forum somebody made a comment in which they said that the Evolution event option on Nitrado servers only works with major events, such as the Easter event, and not with the more routine weekend 2x events.  Not sure on the accuracy of that, but perhaps it is right.  But I have only been using/playing on a private server for 3 days, and so I have not experienced the events before.  Perhaps some of you Nitrado server players/owners could confirm or deny the validity of that comment.

Thank you.

I know you didn't necessarily do that for me, but I do appreciate you looking into it.  Are you looking for a server to play on? 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I run a nitrado server have done for months now and my events stopped working as of the genesis update. I think they removed the candies as they were breaking something (don't quote me on that) that in turn may of taken away the colours at least that's my working theory. It's really annoying and all my players aren't doing my breeding events due too lack of colours 

On 3/18/2020 at 4:11 AM, Cherry91 said:

I run a nitrado server have done for months now and my events stopped working as of the genesis update. I think they removed the candies as they were breaking something (don't quote me on that) that in turn may of taken away the colours at least that's my working theory. It's really annoying and all my players aren't doing my breeding events due too lack of colours 

We have been breeding and the babies are coming out with holiday colors.... so I don't get it.  I have wasted a lot of my life trying to explain why Ark is the was it is.  I have given up.  SOOO many update lately, another decent size one today and all for what exactly? We want our holiday colors back! Fix THAT!     Please

I am not challenging you here. I am asking if this is based on FACT or just your own experience. Did they actually do away with it or is it a glitch that maybe they aren't aware of. Its clear by your response that you are not saying this based on fact. It sounds like your basing this off observation. I was asking if maybe you had talked with someone that works on the game that would know about this. Its obviously a mess up, if they did away with it then no part of the event would be there at all.  That being said, you are talking about the dodo and I am talking about the colors which are two different things. I have looked everywhere for info on this with no success. You cant tell people something is , in fact, a certain way just because that's how it is for you. That's why im asking people instead of saying "oh, they did away with holiday colors."

Im not sure how you couldn't see what I meant by that question, its pretty straight forward. Lets not waste anymore of each others time.

I contacted Nitrado support about the official Evolution events not working on my PS4, and yesterday I received this response from them:

Sadly, the events have been broken since Genesis came out. This is due to the event files being disabled or removed from the game. We are looking into this, but we may not be able to reactivate the files, as they may be removed from the game itself.

So, yes, there is a problem with the events on private servers, and Nitrado are looking into it, but it seems as if it's something that WC need to address. 

21 hours ago, Myrm said:

I contacted Nitrado support about the official Evolution events not working on my PS4, and yesterday I received this response from them:

Sadly, the events have been broken since Genesis came out. This is due to the event files being disabled or removed from the game. We are looking into this, but we may not be able to reactivate the files, as they may be removed from the game itself.

So, yes, there is a problem with the events on private servers, and Nitrado are looking into it, but it seems as if it's something that WC need to address. 

Do you know how to contact Wildcard about this?  The game really is just not as fun. When I see dinos all over that are all the same color I just don't seem to want to tame them.  But when the event is on I am CONSTANTLY like, oh look at the coloring on that one, I want!  Then I tame it.  So I really hope they fix it.  Yes I know I can admin command the colors but that just isn't the same.

The only way to do that would be to submit a bug report to the devs.  Problem is you never know whether they take any notice of it as you never get a reply from them.  You get a reply from WC support who then tell you to submit the bug report to the devs, but that's all you ever hear.  If you chase up any bug report from WC support all they tell you is that the bug report goes to the devs, and they, WC support, have no idea what the devs do about it.  It's a hopeless situation really.  I understand the devs are busy but surely they could have a representative who could at least give us an acknowledgement. 

On 3/23/2020 at 12:42 AM, Myrm said:

Hey, I submitted a bug report. We will see what happens. So boring without different colors

On 3/24/2020 at 12:32 AM, Myrm said:

The only way to do that would be to submit a bug report to the devs.  Problem is you never know whether they take any notice of it as you never get a reply from them.  You get a reply from WC support who then tell you to submit the bug report to the devs, but that's all you ever hear.  If you chase up any bug report from WC support all they tell you is that the bug report goes to the devs, and they, WC support, have no idea what the devs do about it.  It's a hopeless situation really.  I understand the devs are busy but surely they could have a representative who could at least give us an acknowledgement. 

I submitted a bug report yesterday and today as well. No one has looked at the one from yesterday so I made another one with a more catching title. 

On 3/23/2020 at 12:32 AM, Hesna008 said:

I am not challenging you here. I am asking if this is based on FACT or just your own experience. Did they actually do away with it or is it a glitch that maybe they aren't aware of. Its clear by your response that you are not saying this based on fact. It sounds like your basing this off observation. I was asking if maybe you had talked with someone that works on the game that would know about this. Its obviously a mess up, if they did away with it then no part of the event would be there at all.  That being said, you are talking about the dodo and I am talking about the colors which are two different things. I have looked everywhere for info on this with no success. You cant tell people something is , in fact, a certain way just because that's how it is for you. That's why im asking people instead of saying "oh, they did away with holiday colors."

Im not sure how you couldn't see what I meant by that question, its pretty straight forward. Lets not waste anymore of each others time.

It doesnt matter where the info comes from stop pestering people. If you don't want to believe then don't, but its no ones responsibility to do the research for you. 

On 4/1/2020 at 9:20 AM, Warb said:

It doesnt matter where the info comes from stop pestering people. If you don't want to believe then don't, but its no ones responsibility to do the research for you. 

I was simply asking if this was an observation or a fact. You are the one that took it out of context and turned this into something it shouldn't be.  Since this is my thread, you are the one pestering, now please go away.

On 4/1/2020 at 9:20 AM, Warb said:

I just realized you are not the same person I have been talking with about this. Please disregard the previous comments, all except the go away part. 

Archived