Holiday events not working

10 hours ago, Hesna008 said:

This doesn't show much....?

Where are you guys finding this stuff? Ive looked for something about it a few times. The link posted earlier only showed the land end comment of the conversation and this one seems it may be the same one.  Was this on Twitter?

That announcement is on Servers.io where I host a cluster of all official maps (except Gen, currently, which will be added).  We did have a 1-click event tab, in our server set-ups, that we could turn on any event for each "server" (map) but when WC took away the ability,  servers.io also had to take away the 1-click option.  I had a different event on every map going, all the time.  IMHO, WC should re-install this option for at least private servers.  Content, in a sandbox game, is after all, content and draws players to the game as a whole therefore giving WC more cash from the main game and DLCs.  To take away that content, is like having nothing more than a nerf to the entire game when the option was there and no longer is.  That's a mistake that should be corrected,  WC.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys and gals, its been a little bit since I have been on Ark. Ever since Wastelanders came out, ive been sucked back into the world of Fallout.... yes... its great again!  Anyway, my Ark server has been down since I haven't been playing. I just rebooted my server, making sure to put the Easter event on active, and...… its working!  So I may go as far as to say yhat the custom events work again! I will not say this is a fact until I look into it a little more but as of right now bunny-oviraptors are running around dropping eggs, so we will see!

On 3/18/2020 at 3:54 AM, Myrm said:

I received a reply for my support request about the events not working on private (Nitrado) servers for PS4.  Unfortunately it wasn't much help.  The reply was from Customer Support, but they advised me that I need submit a bug report to the devs directly.  They gave me a Google Docs link for the report which I completed and submitted.  When I asked the CS rep when I would get a reply from theDevs, I was told that I would not get a direct reply, only that the Devs would investigate.  So unless the WC devs make an announcement about the events, or we suddenly see "fixed Events on private servers" in a future patch, I guess I'll never get an answer.

However, over on the Nitrado forum somebody made a comment in which they said that the Evolution event option on Nitrado servers only works with major events, such as the Easter event, and not with the more routine weekend 2x events.  Not sure on the accuracy of that, but perhaps it is right.  But I have only been using/playing on a private server for 3 days, and so I have not experienced the events before.  Perhaps some of you Nitrado server players/owners could confirm or deny the validity of that comment.

Thank you.

I hope this info answers some long unanswered questions. The devs announced back in February, shortly after Love Evolved, that they spotted some issues within the event codings and were inspecting it. All previous events, minus those that have been current, like Easter 2020, are in a sense deactivated for updating and refreshing. And I saw someone asking if the weekend evo  events apply to private servers as well. Unfortunately, they do not. They only affect official servers. You will not see any of the minor events reflected on your server. You won’t see the 2x evo events, or the 3x everything weeks/weekends. We only get major holiday and celebration events such as Easter, Valentines, Ark Anniversary, Arkeology, etc. But rest assured that WC is working on the event issues and the events will be back with a fresh new look! And we will have our fancy Dino’s again. I hope this helped answer some lingering questions. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think they will. If its enabled on official, then there wouldn't be any "special events" at all because people can use them at will . This would also make those hard to get, colored dinos less rewarding to official players. I respect official players.... but I don't have the time to play official so I probably never will. 

On 5/19/2020 at 12:27 PM, LadyInBlack1910 said:

I hope this info answers some long unanswered questions. The devs announced back in February, shortly after Love Evolved, that they spotted some issues within the event codings and were inspecting it. All previous events, minus those that have been current, like Easter 2020, are in a sense deactivated for updating and refreshing. And I saw someone asking if the weekend evo  events apply to private servers as well. Unfortunately, they do not. They only affect official servers. You will not see any of the minor events reflected on your server. You won’t see the 2x evo events, or the 3x everything weeks/weekends. We only get major holiday and celebration events such as Easter, Valentines, Ark Anniversary, Arkeology, etc. But rest assured that WC is working on the event issues and the events will be back with a fresh new look! And we will have our fancy Dino’s again. I hope this helped answer some lingering questions. 

see above comment

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2020 at 5:16 AM, Reereebug said:

Is anyone else still haveing issues with holiday events? Im new and when i 1st started 2 weeks ago, i choose the Easter event and it worked. But today i wanted to try the Love Evolved event and i dino wipe and they are all boring colors now. Also tried the summer event and no change.

Unofficial server events have been "broken" since genesis release.

Very sad that unofficial can only run events same as Wildcard.

So change back to current summerbash should give u till 21st for event dino

On 7/14/2020 at 4:47 AM, Mobevents said:

Unofficial server events have been "broken" since genesis release.

Very sad that unofficial can only run events same as Wildcard.

So change back to current summerbash should give u till 21st for event dino

They fixed this a while ago.. custom events now work and are now even better than before

On 6/20/2020 at 8:16 PM, Reereebug said:

Is anyone else still haveing issues with holiday events? Im new and when i 1st started 2 weeks ago, i choose the Easter event and it worked. But today i wanted to try the Love Evolved event and i dino wipe and they are all boring colors now. Also tried the summer event and no change.

did you do a server restart?

Archived