Holiday events not working

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CatBunBlue302 said:

I had the same problem! But i noticed someone saying that hatched dinos were getting the colors so i figured the game was at its dino limit and didn't automatically kill some to make room for the event colored ones. Anyway have an admin destroy wild dinos and they should start to appear.

This post was made a little while back. I was referring to custom holiday events on private servers which have not been working since Genesis dropped. The official event works now so hopefully custom ones willas well. In fact, im going to switch my server to a different event and see if it works right now.

7 hours ago, Hesna008 said:

...I guess WC doesn't understand that normal colors make people want to play less and/or tame less dinos.

I'm afraid I am going to have to disagree with you here.  I don't actually like seeing the brightly coloured theme dinos, it's just too unrealistic.  Yes, I know it's just a game and therefore there is a lot of poetic licence, but the themed colours are just so unnatural. I'd rather play with "normal" coloured dinos.  However, because it's only for a limited time it doesn't bother me that much.  I would not like to see these brightly coloured dinos all the time.  That would spoil the whole experience for me. 

The event is somewhat working on my Nitrado server. Very few dinos are special colored. Does anyone know if this is intentional? If so I hate it lol.

@Myrm this is where I disagree with you. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors on the dinos. Of course though I am a very colorful person in real life too. It's personal preference for each person. 

9 minutes ago, Pandyana said:

The event is somewhat working on my Nitrado server. Very few dinos are special colored. Does anyone know if this is intentional? If so I hate it lol.

I play on two Nitrado servers, one of which is my own.

On the server that is not mine I am seeing Easter dinos.  On my server, however, I have not seen one Easter dino.  I am not sure if there is anything I need to do with my Nitrado server settings to initiate the Easter themed dinos.

On 4/9/2020 at 12:02 AM, Hesna008 said:

Have the admin on your server check and make sure "current official event" in on in the server settings.. Then do a dino wipe.  Its working on my server.

Pointless. The Active Events option has been disabled on private servers, as confirmed by a WC employee on Twitter a few days ago. No matter what you select on that drop down list, your game will not be affected. 

On 4/10/2020 at 12:06 PM, Myrm said:

Pointless. The Active Events option has been disabled on private servers, as confirmed by a WC employee on Twitter a few days ago. No matter what you select on that drop down list, your game will not be affected. 

The option is still active. I can turn on or off the official event whenever, just tried it.

On 4/10/2020 at 9:57 AM, Myrm said:

I play on two Nitrado servers, one of which is my own.

On the server that is not mine I am seeing Easter dinos.  On my server, however, I have not seen one Easter dino.  I am not sure if there is anything I need to do with my Nitrado server settings to initiate the Easter themed dinos.

Select the "current official event" option.  Save settings... Restart server and then do a dino wipe with admin command "Destroywilddinos".

Then you should start seeing them, I thought u didn't like them though?  That comment was surprising to me since you have been the one helping me try to figure out why is hasn't been working lol.

4 hours ago, Hesna008 said:

Cnan u put a link to this convo please?

This is a This is a link to the Twitter conversation  in which a WC employee tells us that the Active Events system has been removed form the game, and why.  You will still see the coloured theme dinos as they come in with the update you downloaded.  But what won't work is the multipliers that are connected to the event, such as the current 4x.  You'll have to work on those manually. You may have to expand the conversation to see the employee confirm that the active event has been removed and her explanation as to why.

4 hours ago, Hesna008 said:

Then you should start seeing them, I thought u didn't like them though?  That comment was surprising to me since you have been the one helping me try to figure out why is hasn't been working lol.

You are right, I don't like seeing them, but I also do like to know that it is working as intended.

As far as I understand it, the game loads X amount of dinosaurs into the game when it starts up, and will not spawn anymore until a creature dies, thereby freeing up the slot.  This is why, I believe, it can take a while for themed dinos to appear.  You have to wait until there is a slot for the game to spawn a new creature in, and then it's not guaranteed to be a event themed dino.  However, a wild dino wipe destroys every wild dino in the game, and so the game repopulates the map from scratch.  This means you have a far greater chance of having event themed dinos appear. 

34 minutes ago, Myrm said:

This is a This is a link to the Twitter conversation  in which a WC employee tells us that the Active Events system has been removed form the game, and why.  You will still see the coloured theme dinos as they come in with the update you downloaded.  But what won't work is the multipliers that are connected to the event, such as the current 4x.  You'll have to work on those manually. You may have to expand the conversation to see the employee confirm that the active event has been removed and her explanation as to why.

You are right, I don't like seeing them, but I also do like to know that it is working as intended.

As far as I understand it, the game loads X amount of dinosaurs into the game when it starts up, and will not spawn anymore until a creature dies, thereby freeing up the slot.  This is why, I believe, it can take a while for themed dinos to appear.  You have to wait until there is a slot for the game to spawn a new creature in, and then it's not guaranteed to be a event themed dino.  However, a wild dino wipe destroys every wild dino in the game, and so the game repopulates the map from scratch.  This means you have a far greater chance of having event themed dinos appear. 

Yes, this is why I suggest the dino wipe lol

2 minutes ago, Myrm said:

Absolutely.  When you first said it I was not convinced you were correct.  However, when I thought about it some more I realised that you were right, and that the dino wipe idea you proffered was, in fact, very good advice. 

The reasoning you gave is the exact reason why lol.  Why go around killing 1 at a time and have a chance of one spawning when you can take them all out at once and have a percentage of them colored.  

2 minutes ago, Esquire1980 said:

This is the announcement from server.io on events.....

So Ark no longer supports -ActiveEvent= (the command line option that lets you manually enable events). The Events dropdown has been removed from the Advanced tab.(edited)
?
PepeYikes
?

April 7, 2020

This doesn't show much....?

Where are you guys finding this stuff? Ive looked for something about it a few times. The link posted earlier only showed the land end comment of the conversation and this one seems it may be the same one.  Was this on Twitter?

Archived