new missions are awesome

Kodking194

new missions are awesome

so far 90% of what i have seen on the forums about genesis is complaining. well i for one an quite surprised at how good it is. after the extinction debacle i did not have high hopes for genesis. somehow it convinced me to buy it. this thread is one of the few times i will congratulate WC on a released product. i wanted to talk about the missions in this thread as they are amazing. it gave me something to do aswell as a reason to do it by gaining hexagons, which can be used to progress futher. i by far love dodo ballt he most so far (i have not tried them all) . however they are not perfect. there are quite a few problems with them.

1. players and creatures can intervene, when we played dodo ball we could not all play at once as we were canstantly attacked, so 1-2 people would sit out and gaurd us while the others played. when solo its even worse as you have to stop in the middle and risk your score. plz make some kind of border that keeps out  non participating creatures and players.

some of the race courses are not thought out well, stuff like rocks, trees and creatures get in the way and can make it impossible to complete the race. dont get me wrong i like a challenge but this was just down right annoying. also player collision is very annoying.  when versing friends on a rhino race we were constantly being rammed into when using speed boosts. 

other than that its amazing. please leave your comments on what you guys think, plz dont be a joy killer by trolling, over complaining and downsizing others. that is not what this thread is for. i get if people dont like the missions, but dont go over complaining.

I had the exact same thoughts about the races (btw I'm loving genesis too).

The rhino one in particular has so many little rocks to get snagged on and at times animals will wander onto the tracks straight up blocking your path. But all in all its still fun, albeit clumsy. 

The bog spider one on the other hand is well made but it lags so incredibly bad on ps4 that sadly its borderline unplayable. I can beat the beta no problem but can never seem to do the alpha because inevitably at some point I always get screwed up with the constant stuttering and freezing.

Its a shame because if that race ran smoothly I think it would be so much fun especially against other players.

One thing I think should have been added is teleporting straight to the missions. It's kind of a pain to have to run and run dodging kapros and barys to get to the spider race. Not to mention the insect swarm that attacks you as you're waiting for the race to initialize. 

I kinda wish they handled it more like GTA where you have the main open world but then can load into a separate lobby for races, deathmatches etc and when you're done just go back to the open world.

Overall though I like what I've played so far and feel like I've barely scratched the surface. With a few fixes the mission system could be great.

I think WC is taking some heat (and believe me I ve done my share of bashing in the past too) they dont deserve with genesis. They stepped out of the normal theme of map making and gave us something different while adding an entirely new aspect of the ark experience with missions. 

Ok back to the grind. 

1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I had the exact same thoughts about the races (btw I'm loving genesis too).

The rhino one in particular has so many little rocks to get snagged on and at times animals will wander onto the tracks straight up blocking your path. But all in all its still fun, albeit clumsy. 

The bog spider one on the other hand is well made but it lags so incredibly bad on ps4 that sadly its borderline unplayable. I can beat the beta no problem but can never seem to do the alpha because inevitably at some point I always get screwed up with the constant stuttering and freezing.

Its a shame because if that race ran smoothly I think it would be so much fun especially against other players.

One thing I think should have been added is teleporting straight to the missions. It's kind of a pain to have to run and run dodging kapros and barys to get to the spider race. Not to mention the insect swarm that attacks you as you're waiting for the race to initialize. 

I kinda wish they handled it more like GTA where you have the main open world but then can load into a separate lobby for races, deathmatches etc and when you're done just go back to the open world.

Overall though I like what I've played so far and feel like I've barely scratched the surface. With a few fixes the mission system could be great.

I think WC is taking some heat (and believe me I ve done my share of bashing in the past too) they dont deserve with genesis. They stepped out of the normal theme of map making and gave us something different while adding an entirely new aspect of the ark experience with missions. 

Ok back to the grind. 

firstly, love to see another person that is not bashing the hell out of genesis because its not what they were wanting or expecting, second i agree on the rhino races. i nearly won a race but then a yuty fear roared me and my rhino ran way off course, mayber racing rhinos should be allowed to brake all rocks and other natural obstacles that get in their way when charging. or just clear the path. i have not done the bog spider one yet as i have heard it is really hard amd most annoying of them all, thats not to say i wont attempt it. i too have bashed WC but for the right reasons in the past. they have really outdone themselves with genesis. i find te main reason why the genesis map is disliked is because its different from our normal maps. i like that as it gives it a different feel.

I'm playing the gally race at the volcano and man its even worse than the rhino race in terms of animals walking into your path. There are animals EVERYWHERE. 

I dont know if they are intended to be an extra obstacle or what but its pretty dumb when you have a good time going and halfway through the race a rex is completely blocking one of the checkpoint gates.

Too bad because the course is really good

Are you kidding me.... the path of the race takes you through poison gas. I just died because of it. These races really need to be isolated events.

If they'd make the missions all instanced (i.e. like WoW dungeons) then it would fix several things:

(1) Would allow for more building room because only a small area would need to be non-buildable around the mission start point.  Which, in turn, would remove the need for a new server type with missions turned off.

(2) Would allow anyone who wanted to do the mission access to it as soon as they're ready without having to wait for one in progress to finish. 

(3) Would allow for no creatures in some missions (i.e. dodo ball) or  specifically placed creatures as hazards to avoid / defeat.

Missions are great. As a streamer and a server cluster owner which is dedicated to our viewers (I stream with my fiancee), I couldn't be happier. It opens so many possibilities to engage viewers. But as far my only concern is the safety of dinos. We didn't realise at first that you get a spider in the race and came with our own...  Fortunately, there was no real threat nearby.

Archived