You guys need help

GreenXArrow01

You guys need help

I'm not sure what's going on with everything ..but GENESIS need alot of work..how you make a map with no flyers ..for some most of the game is flying and not loosing their birds..half the game gone why would you do that.. iv never seen it before..ever! And now the no building in major huge areas..what's the point in playing the game if now more then half of the fun has been taken away ..for what guys ..why would you want to make half the game you made ..glad to help if you need suggestions..or anything else but please fix your damn game its incomplete..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/2/2020 at 6:44 PM, GreenXArrow01 said:

You guys need help

I'm not sure what's going on with everything ..but GENESIS need alot of work..how you make a map with no flyers ..for some most of the game is flying and not loosing their birds..half the game gone why would you do that.. iv never seen it before..ever! And now the no building in major huge areas..what's the point in playing the game if now more then half of the fun has been taken away ..for what guys ..why would you want to make half the game you made ..glad to help if you need suggestions..or anything else but please fix your damn game its incomplete..

Aberration had no flyers and it was honestly one of the better maps. I like Genesis. No fliers makes me want to use creatures like the Bloodstalker and Ferox for their traversal abilities as opposed to just getting a good Argy and practically beating the game. 

5 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Aberration had no flyers and it was honestly one of the better maps. I like Genesis. No fliers makes me want to use creatures like the Bloodstalker and Ferox for their traversal abilities as opposed to just getting a good Argy and practically beating the game. 

Aberration had a reason, a pretty good reason people could get behind. The way flying is restricted in genesis is just lazy design. Although the end game might explain why everything seems so lazy, this was a horrible way to do it.

On 3/2/2020 at 7:44 PM, GreenXArrow01 said:

You guys need help

I guess you missed both Aberration (no flyers) and Extinction (no build areas).

7 hours ago, Arumat22 said:

Aberration had a reason, a pretty good reason people could get behind. The way flying is restricted in genesis is just lazy design. Although the end game might explain why everything seems so lazy, this was a horrible way to do it.

Genesis has a good reason too. Unless you get a Bloodstalker or Ferox(Two new tames) you're going to have difficulty collecting ALL of the glitches quickly. It's much better design than just letting someone get a Ptera and collect everything that isn't underwater. There's also the Magmasaur den. Both Drakes and Magmasaurs can't fly, and so being able to bring flyers into their dens would almost entirely eradicate the challenge. With the absence of Quetzals, the Astrocetus also basically requires the Tek Skiff for taming, cementing it as the "endgame" tame. This DLC did a good job in incorporating most of its additions into its game play and making them useful. 

On 3/2/2020 at 7:44 PM, GreenXArrow01 said:

.. iv never seen it before..ever!

Ever been to Aberration?

Honesty I play on 4 other maps with flyers, im fine with having a few with restrictions on them as they trivialize "half the game". Flyers on genesis would make it way to easy and your supposed to look at flying on this map as end game with the dope tek skiff.

My $0.02

• Volunteer Moderator

Genesis is a prime example that some people can't accept change. It's also called taking for granted.

Getting a DLC with another open world map, new dinos, blah blah blah, people will tame the new dinos and bugger off back to their favourite maps. Genesis brings new stuff to the fold. Very different from the previous 3 DLCs.

A change was needed most certainly. But changes will please some and not others. But, if you wanted a DLC that is the same as all the others, then you've still got all the others. Those that wanted a big change from the same old DLCs now get something new.

This whole "I want flyers wah wah" gets boring fast. It got boring fast with Aberration and now it's here again. If you can't survive without flyers then you are not a true survivor. ?

1 minute ago, GP said:

Genesis is a prime example that some people can't accept change. It's also called taking for granted.

Getting a DLC with another open world map, new dinos, blah blah blah, people will tame the new dinos and bugger off back to their favourite maps. Genesis brings new stuff to the fold. Very different from the previous 3 DLCs.

A change was needed most certainly. But changes will please some and not others. But, if you wanted a DLC that is the same as all the others, then you've still got all the others. Those that wanted a big change from the same old DLCs now get something new.

This whole "I want flyers wah wah" gets boring fast. It got boring fast with Aberration and now it's here again. If you can't survive without flyers then you are not a true survivor. ?

Taking flyers out of the game does not change the core mechanics of the game.  adding teleporting, a store, and walled off biomes changes the core mechanics.  people buy certain games because they like that style of game, not because it has that games name stamped on the box.  when you change the style of the game it no longer is the style of game you were interested in, it becomes another game.   Take a look through the history of video games, look at the games that changed their core mechanics, most of them are no longer made and the developers are out of business.  why? because they stopped making the games their fans expected and started making "new experiences" instead.  now on the flip side look at the games that are the most popular, what do they have in common?  every new game is the same as their last game.  

I don't mind the no fliers you can still use them to carry resources. I just adapted my travel methods had no problems.

I'm just not a fan of the mini games aspect and as such I leave my hubby to do that. 

I prefer other maps and only use gen when hubby is playing as he is very happy with Gen.

We all have our own preferences but I like that they have introduced new mechanics for the last dlc.

It is after all as they said before release, something completely different from previous arks.

Either way I'm sure I will still be using it and completing it.

11 hours ago, SLlCK said:

This makes zero sense.

What you Don't understand in my statement? It is linked to what devs said and to the storyline. Genesis simulation was annoucement like to test people, and to be hard. Putting flyers would have been an easy map, nobody can't denie it. No building areas? You can't blame devs for it, you can blame the toxic Community : yes, after 4 years of Ark, they saw a bunch of people pillaring or building access (resources, path, etc) in PvE. If people would have behave correctly, this rules would have not be implented. Also, building in missions areas would make missions easier. Imagine, if they have not block those areas : 1.000.000 tickets for ppl crying because they can't continue to play or finish a mission due to an idiot guy who build in the middle of the mission. And, you should know WC doesn't have the staff to handle that many tickets. It is just common sense.

11 hours ago, SLlCK said:

Taking flyers out of the game does not change the core mechanics of the game.  adding teleporting, a store, and walled off biomes changes the core mechanics.  people buy certain games because they like that style of game, not because it has that games name stamped on the box.  when you change the style of the game it no longer is the style of game you were interested in, it becomes another game.   Take a look through the history of video games, look at the games that changed their core mechanics, most of them are no longer made and the developers are out of business.  why? because they stopped making the games their fans expected and started making "new experiences" instead.  now on the flip side look at the games that are the most popular, what do they have in common?  every new game is the same as their last game.  

You didn't follow the evolution of the game or what? Mechanics had changed in Ark. First map : dinos + boss to kill (ez clap). SE : almost the same, a bit harder map. Abberation : no flyers, OP dinos taken off (no rexes, no gigas), ppl cried back in the past. Extinction : OSD, Veins, and… corrupted dinos (dinos you can teleport, kit to ppl bases even in PvE to loots bases), you can't do final boss the way it was (need to tame titans with specifics mechanics and use them). Yes, in Genesis, they add (i won't use changed) more mechanics, but the base of the game is still here (farming, taming, breeding, improving). Adding this HLNA shop makes just Genesis easier btw (imo), only the loots crates is necessary for tek replicator, otherwise, the rest of the shop is here to make your life easier.

9 hours ago, Alocoste said:

What you Don't understand in my statement? It is linked to what devs said and to the storyline. Genesis simulation was annoucement like to test people, and to be hard. Putting flyers would have been an easy map, nobody can't denie it. No building areas? You can't blame devs for it, you can blame the toxic Community : yes, after 4 years of Ark, they saw a bunch of people pillaring or building access (resources, path, etc) in PvE. If people would have behave correctly, this rules would have not be implented. Also, building in missions areas would make missions easier. Imagine, if they have not block those areas : 1.000.000 tickets for ppl crying because they can't continue to play or finish a mission due to an idiot guy who build in the middle of the mission. And, you should know WC doesn't have the staff to handle that many tickets. It is just common sense.

You didn't follow the evolution of the game or what? Mechanics had changed in Ark. First map : dinos + boss to kill (ez clap). SE : almost the same, a bit harder map. Abberation : no flyers, OP dinos taken off (no rexes, no gigas), ppl cried back in the past. Extinction : OSD, Veins, and… corrupted dinos (dinos you can teleport, kit to ppl bases even in PvE to loots bases), you can't do final boss the way it was (need to tame titans with specifics mechanics and use them). Yes, in Genesis, they add (i won't use changed) more mechanics, but the base of the game is still here (farming, taming, breeding, improving). Adding this HLNA shop makes just Genesis easier btw (imo), only the loots crates is necessary for tek replicator, otherwise, the rest of the shop is here to make your life easier.

and with all of those changes the core mechanics stayed unchanged.  adding teleporting, a store, and map sections changes the game at the core.   Trust me, I have seen what happens when devs change games at the core.  it aint good and it just leads them to the unemployment line.   Just go look at the most popular games, see what they don't change from game to game, that's why they are the most popular games still.  They know what their fans want and they just keep producing that exact same formula over and over.  why do you think cod is still one of the top sellers yet every year they release a reskinned version of the same game with minor tweaks?  because that's what their fans are used to, like, and expect to see.  If their fans wanted something else, they would buy a different game.

4 hours ago, SLlCK said:

and with all of those changes the core mechanics stayed unchanged.  adding teleporting, a store, and map sections changes the game at the core.   Trust me, I have seen what happens when devs change games at the core.  it aint good and it just leads them to the unemployment line.   Just go look at the most popular games, see what they don't change from game to game, that's why they are the most popular games still.  They know what their fans want and they just keep producing that exact same formula over and over.  why do you think cod is still one of the top sellers yet every year they release a reskinned version of the same game with minor tweaks?  because that's what their fans are used to, like, and expect to see.  If their fans wanted something else, they would buy a different game.

you're comparing other games success like this game isn't successful, this game has been around for yrs and it's still doing good just because they added a map that doesn't mean it'll kill the game it's a paid DLC, any smart person would do research on what is available before they buy something but some will buy it regardless, why? because mechanics aren't the only thing people look for in a game it's the new tames, adventure, and challenges that come with it, what you're saying is of the past, ark will grow and continue to get support. 

1 minute ago, PaarthurnaxDovah said:

you're comparing other games success like this game isn't successful, this game has been around for yrs and it's still doing good just because they added a map that doesn't mean it'll kill the game it's a paid DLC, any smart person would do research on what is available before they buy something but some will buy it regardless, why? because mechanics aren't the only thing people look for in a game it's the new tames, adventure, and challenges that come with it, what you're saying is of the past, ark will grow and continue to get support. 

you completely missed the point, on pretty much everything I said...

Your posts are laughable. "You didn't make the exact same game again, therefore you're TRASH!" 

How do you think we get new games my dude? Typically from evolution of previously existing games, building on their ideas. Something tells me someone really just doesn't like Genesis but feels left out of the crowd. Hop back to The Island or Ragnarok and wait for transfers to open so you can get the cool dinos but don't have to stay on the map very long. Seems like it would solve your problem immediately. 

Simple solution for all the people crying clogging up the forums. if you dont like the game..dont buy it. Noone is forcing you to play. And if you preordered, the faults on you for buying a product before you know what the product is. Its 2020, reviews, criticism, and gameplay will be available almost immediately after release via content creators. Show a little restraint before purchasing a game to find out if it's even something you want to play. 

1 minute ago, Slvr said:

Your posts are laughable. "You didn't make the exact same game again, therefore you're TRASH!" 

How do you think we get new games my dude? Typically from evolution of previously existing games, building on their ideas. Something tells me someone really just doesn't like Genesis but feels left out of the crowd. Hop back to The Island or Ragnarok and wait for transfers to open so you can get the cool dinos but don't have to stay on the map very long. Seems like it would solve your problem immediately. 

First of all, my opinion of the map is it's just far to easy.  It is by far the easiest map they have put out.  For instance, the other day we had a few new tames out and they got attacked by a high level argie.  so I simply fast traveled us to safety. That is one example of how they dumbed the game down, there are a few other examples that have been talked about quite a bit.  Just look around, you are sure to find them.

Now about the whole same game over and over thing.  If you are having trouble comprehending what I am trying to say, just ask for me to elaborate instead of going off on some ridiculous rant.  And don't put works in my mouth please.  

Now let me see if I can break this down some more so you can understand what I am saying.    Games get typecast, do you know what that means?  Do you know what the word typecast means?  If not go look it up before you continue reading.   Okay so, as I was saying, games get typecast,  people can look at the title of a game and know what that game is all about.  Lets take cod, I use cod because everyone has played cod at some point.  You and I both know exactly what kind of game we are going to get when we buy cod, a respawn, small map, twitch shooter.  Now if infinity ward or Treyarch or whoever is building the next cod decides to build the maps 5 times bigger than normal, that is a change to the core of the game, to you it might be an improvement, I mean 5 times more fighting area?  How could you go wrong with that right?  Turns out you can go a lot wrong by doing that,  you just changed the core of the game, you just changed how that game is played, it is no longer played like a cod game.  So now you just pissed off a good chunk of your fanbase by making a simple little change to the map size.  Guess what?  sales will go down.  Each game has it's own core mechanics, the things that make that game that game, if you change even one of those you just turned that game into another game, which is fine, just give it a new name and sell it as a new IP.  Don't try to pass it off as the same game your fanbase has come to expect from you.

Let me break it down ever further.  Most people like pizza right?  You know the round flat thing with the dough, pizza sauce, and cheese?  Well you know what?  They improved that bad adding pepperoni, then they improved it by adding sausage, then they improved it by adding peppers.  See how they keep adding new things to it and improving it by adding new things?  How about this?  how about instead of pizza sauce they used chocolate huh?  Everyone loves chocolate right?  What a huge improvement they made to the pizza by adding chocolate instead of that old tired been there done that pizza sauce!   You see that would be changing the pizzas core ingredient, was that a good move?  Is it still the same old pizza everyone loves but new and improved?

Now this is not the first time I have had this discussion, this exact same argument, I have made this exact same point in the past to other developers.  They stuck to their guns and people like you backed them 100% and now their assets have been all sold off, the IP is no longer a thing, and the building has been sold.  This might be the 3rd? time I have had to make this argument?  at least twice possibly 3 times.  At any rate those other developers of extremely popular games are no more because they wanted to create a "whole new experience"  Yes they even used those exact words.   so you can sit there until you are blue in the face telling me why I am wrong, but the fact of the matter is I have seen it, I have seen this exact scenario play out a few times.  The last time it happened I even gave a going out of business date, I told the devs if they continue down the same path they would be out of business in 18 months.  I was wrong though, they were out of business in 15 months.  I might even be able to dig that thread up if you want to see it, I might be able to find it on the waybackmachine or something since their site is gone obviously. 

2 minutes ago, Wesmanee said:

Simple solution for all the people crying clogging up the forums. if you dont like the game..dont buy it. Noone is forcing you to play. And if you preordered, the faults on you for buying a product before you know what the product is. Its 2020, reviews, criticism, and gameplay will be available almost immediately after release via content creators. Show a little restraint before purchasing a game to find out if it's even something you want to play. 

which is a sure fire way for wildcard to make money!

14 minutes ago, Wesmanee said:

This is how the real world works. If you dont like a product dont buy it. You express dislike with cash it's the universal corporate language. That's what a company responds to. Not crying on forums with tiny violins playing in the background.

So you would rather wildcard go belly up than have their fans try to point them in the right direction?  So you are not a fan of Ark? 

And I am well aware of how the real world works.

Archived